Final Fantasy VII Remake

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
After installing this game and trials of mana, my PS4 started sounding like the fan was broken.

Had to take off the cover which seems to have remedied it, it was making loud noise even in rest state.

I've never had a console break down on me, not even my PS1 which did thousands of hours, my PS4 has maybe been used for gaming 50 hours. Guessing putting it in rest state continually to keep the controllers charged wears it down.

Meh.

Siliconemelons

A PS1 is almost a walkman cd player with a TI83 CPU soldered to it....that thing would last forever.

My fat BC ps3 still is rocking...it kicks up the fans if I use it longer than an hour - but its still goin. My PS4 is a pro and I never hear it doing anything fan wise, but I do not have any crazy games- I play PSVR stuff...but eh.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I vaguely recall reading there's an issue with uncapped framerates on certain menus, that part seems to be true for ToM. Then there's obviously locations where the graphics stress the engine where it's justified for FF7R or even 14.

Hope the PS5 can clobber the graphics and deal with the menu issue.

Merrith

Hard Mode is fun. Actually having to watch MP usage in certain parts (at least, when you don't have lots of boxes to bash to refill) can make things very interesting at times. Still can't get over how good the music is in this game, too.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
It might even make more money that way. Instead of 2-3 more $60 separate instalments, they have 4-5 chapters for $20 or whatnot. So keep people interested in the game, continually updating it with more content on a far quicker schedule than once every 3-4 years. It'd stay continually relevant so to speak. Sale of the base game would keep it on best seller lists. The total for all combined DLCs might even net them more than $60x3.

PS5 launches at the end of this year, I'm certain they won't make part 2 of the remake playable on PS4, even if it launches within 2 years.

However, they will probably still have a "shock" moment, and to keep it fresh, it might differ than the original, perhaps based on the character you focused on. But, I don't see how, if they keep the main plot, Aertih can live. Her in the lifestream was a major point. I don't see how Tifa or Barret or anyone else can have that focus on the lifestream as the only Ancient unless they come with a "oh how about this thing" that was never mentioned in the original.

They could do Red XIII. Dogs getting shot tends to get to people emotionally, unlike annoying dindus being shot, which is merely entertaining.

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Does anyone happen to know the tune that plays walking to or from WallMarket? it generally starts along the path.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Does Cid exist in this new game? I miss his air-ship. Still haven't fixed my PS4, so I haven't been able to play it.

Merrith

Does Cid exist in this new game? I miss his air-ship. Still haven't fixed my PS4, so I haven't been able to play it.

No, Cid wasn't encountered until much later outside Midgar in the original. Maybe he'll be in Part 2.

Merrith

Air Ships for Life!

Be interesting what they do for vehicles going forward in future Parts. With how faithful they were throughout the vast majority of Midgar part, I'd assume there will be stuff like the Tiny Bronco and Airship (along with Chocobo breeding).

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I can't imagine what KOTR summon will look like with this system. Knights jumping in and out of the battlefield for the duration? Will be pretty sick.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Does anyone happen to know the tune that plays walking to or from WallMarket? it generally starts along the path.

Due Recompense is the remix of the original Wallmarket theme. You get that theme after you encounter the 3 bandits on the way to Wallmarket.

Before that part, the music is Collapsed Expressway. Spoilering so the page isnt filled up with Youtube links lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Very spoiler heavy and long video. But crazy deep dive into all the little things most people completely missed.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I can't imagine what KOTR summon will look like with this system. Knights jumping in and out of the battlefield for the duration? Will be pretty sick.

With how long Square spends on these games I just hope I'm still alive when the final part comes out.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Very spoiler heavy and long video. But crazy deep dive into all the little things most people completely missed.

Max was also part of the Dropped Frames - FF7 remake edition yesterday on Itmejps channel along with Strippin and Cohhcarnage. In it, Strippin read the short stories that were made to give extra information about the jump from FF7 to Advent Children. (Need to be a sub to watch his Vods, it'll be on youtube this week). The parts he read were from the stories of "lifestream black and Lifestream white"

Jist of it was
- Sepiroth is cellular and in the lifestream. As long as he exists in a memory, he can live forever and be reborn. Cloud is his anchor. As long as Cloud persists, Sepiroth can be reborn.

- He had forgotten how he looked, so he created himself as three versions (the three from Advent Children. These are the three aberrations you fight in the end of FF7R. The Harbinger is basically Jenova from a future it has total control of fate, but in a future Sepiroth "loses". )

- Aerith has the ability to enter and leave the Lifestream the same as Sepiroth. She knows something is in the lifestream that doesn't want to join it, and is basically corrupting other entities in it with anger/hate making them unable to join the stream. It is the entity that killed her. She contacts other ancients in the stream and while she is able to put a few souls to rest, she is afraid to look at what is causing it. However, she tries once and is chased off, but sees it's intent and Cloud is a part of it.

So, Sepiroth knows what the future is, so he now wants to change it. He guides the party towards the conclusion where they destroy the fate of the future where Sepiroth loses. Theory behind the flashbacks you get when fighting the Harbinger is then that Sepiroth is pushing you towards killing it as he wants you to end a future where he loses. You are being manipulated. You are not fighting Sepiroth from the "original", you are fighting Sepiroth from Advent Children.

Once you kill "fate", it is no longer set in stone that Sepiroth will lose. The end of FF7 was a "bad" ending so to speak. Red hints at that in the remake as well, and the developers have previously stated that the future you see Red running in is a place devoid of humans. They all died.

So the theory they got now is that the timeline for the original is broken. You will still do the "original" content, but with the possibility to now face a change in ending, perhaps through choice. Because to get the "good" ending, to actually end Sepiroth, it's not Aerith that needs to die. It is Cloud.

5a0f5d7c3dbef482008b6df6

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Max was also part of the Dropped Frames - FF7 remake edition yesterday on Itmejps channel along with Strippin and Cohhcarnage. In it, Strippin read the short stories that were made to give extra information about the jump from FF7 to Advent Children. (Need to be a sub to watch his Vods, it'll be on youtube this week). The parts he read were from the stories of "lifestream black and Lifestream white"

Jist of it was
- Sepiroth is cellular and in the lifestream. As long as he exists in a memory, he can live forever and be reborn. Cloud is his anchor. As long as Cloud persists, Sepiroth can be reborn.

- He had forgotten how he looked, so he created himself as three versions (the three from Advent Children. These are the three aberrations you fight in the end of FF7R. The Harbinger is basically Jenova from a future it has total control of fate, but in a future Sepiroth "loses". )

- Aerith has the ability to enter and leave the Lifestream the same as Sepiroth. She knows something is in the lifestream that doesn't want to join it, and is basically corrupting other entities in it with anger/hate making them unable to join the stream. It is the entity that killed her. She contacts other ancients in the stream and while she is able to put a few souls to rest, she is afraid to look at what is causing it. However, she tries once and is chased off, but sees it's intent and Cloud is a part of it.

So, Sepiroth knows what the future is, so he now wants to change it. He guides the party towards the conclusion where they destroy the fate of the future where Sepiroth loses. Theory behind the flashbacks you get when fighting the Harbinger is then that Sepiroth is pushing you towards killing it as he wants you to end a future where he loses. You are being manipulated. You are not fighting Sepiroth from the "original", you are fighting Sepiroth from Advent Children.

Once you kill "fate", it is no longer set in stone that Sepiroth will lose. The end of FF7 was a "bad" ending so to speak. Red hints at that in the remake as well, and the developers have previously stated that the future you see Red running in is a place devoid of humans. They all died.

So the theory they got now is that the timeline for the original is broken. You will still do the "original" content, but with the possibility to now face a change in ending, perhaps through choice. Because to get the "good" ending, to actually end Sepiroth, it's not Aerith that needs to die. It is Cloud.

5a0f5d7c3dbef482008b6df6

I'd be okay with that, I really don't enjoy playing as Cloud anyway. I always switched to Aerith, Barret, or Tifa whenever we got into combat with people in the party.

Merrith

Jist of it was

5a0f5d7c3dbef482008b6df6

Max touched on quite a bit of that, including who the 3 Whispers are that you fight and how people assumed they were future version of Cloud/Barret/Tifa because sword/guns/glove...but it was sword in one hand, 2 guns, and only one glove. He even said they matched the elements that those 3 from Advent were in some other backstory thing. He didn't come to the idea that it was Cloud that needed to die, or that whole Cloud is Seph's anchor. Merely that Sephiroth is the future/AC version of himself that knows he loses, but he will manipulate Cloud as much as possible.

Max still thinks Aerith is going to die, and that she knows she needs to...but their swerve on the swerve is that everyone is going to think you can make big changes now that "all bets are off" since we are free from destiny, but in the end she's still going to have to die and it'll hurt that much worse with the player thinking they will be able to change it. The Cloud needing to sacrifice himself also plays into a lot of what was talked about with SOLDIERs suffering cell degradation eventually from the mako and what not.

I don't know, while I think they could have done the whole Whispers shit better, as funny as the Charlie meme is, the evidence is there that they really put a lot of little spoilers if you dig deep enough to know that this was what was coming. They also left quite a bit hanging and open to interpretation going forward into later Parts. In the end it'll all come down to whatever the "7 seconds until the end" line really is about...and how Cloud can change it without doing it in a way that Sephiroth is clearly hoping he can manipulate him into so he can win.