Final Fantasy VII Remake

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've got bad news for you...
Haven't decades of remakes and reboots taught you anything. Nothing is sacred.

Although i'd still rather have the Square version of a remake than hollywood. Or god forbid any of the crazy fanfic on reddit.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Imagine if, like the golden saucer scene, instead of Aerith dying its the person you abuse/ignore the most?

I'd laugh if they could track how many people wound up with Barret getting skewered by the man.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Imagine if, like the golden saucer scene, instead of Aerith dying its the person you abuse/ignore the most?

I'd laugh if they could track how many people wound up with Barret getting skewered by the man.
Skewering happens at City of the Ancients.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I dont really see the Aerith thing happening if theyre intending on changing so much. It wouldnt surprise me if you had you to choose between Aerith or Tifa - Fuck id off anyone to keep Aerith around.

"Not to mention the flashbacks they all got of Aerith death and Cloud holding her corpse, im pretty sure that will change. Seph likely knows him killing her helped lead Clouds virgin anger to seeking all possible methods to stop him."

• 1Faggotry

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Skewering happens at City of the Ancients.

I know, but if they remade the game so that it followed the same logic. If you treat Barret the worst, he is the one who gets stabbed and buried and you keep Aerith. The salty tears of that change would be rather epic

Chris

Potato del Grande
I know, but if they remade the game so that it followed the same logic. If you treat Barret the worst, he is the one who gets stabbed and buried and you keep Aerith. The salty tears of that change would be rather epic
Why not skewer the one you are nicest to?

• 1Picard

Malakriss

Whatever they end up doing, as long as they do it justice and present it well enough that's fine. I can understand not wanting to be forced into spending 10 years developing multiple RPG-length games beholden to a 23 year old story with no deviation.

If Aerith survives and they shame Game of Thrones with the best ending ever, great. Bring the quality either way.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1587673581165.png

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

So is the black materia even a thing? Or a big plot point? as /that was/ the MAIN STORY until well... after it was used and almost destroyed Midgar and Holy was used to counter it...and failed...and then was backed up by the lifestream.

Fadaar

That guy

Shit I'd end up killing Tifa then. She seems to be the most fun character to play in FF7R unfortunately.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So is the black materia even a thing? Or a big plot point? as /that was/ the MAIN STORY until well... after it was used and almost destroyed Midgar and Holy was used to counter it...and failed...and then was backed up by the lifestream.

Black Materia doesn't show up till after the uhh Temple(with Demon Wall, and Aerith's Ultimate LB). It is a big plot point but not far enough into the story at all, even in original release they didn't know about it til right before Reeves, causes the temple to collapse forming the black materia..

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
I saw some interesting speculation that there is only one timeline.

The theory is the everything in the first game is a vision Aerith has given by the planet of what needs to happen. However Sephrioth in the lifestream has seen it too.

I may be misremembering but doesn't the final cutscene of FF7 flash Aerith looking into the mako at the start of the first cutscene, implying she had some foreknowledge of the events that happened?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I saw some interesting speculation that there is only one timeline.

The theory is the everything in the first game is a vision Aerith has given by the planet of what needs to happen. However Sephrioth in the lifestream has seen it too.

I may be misremembering but doesn't the final cutscene of FF7 flash Aerith looking into the mako at the start of the first cutscene, implying she had some foreknowledge of the events that happened?

From playing thru it everything seems to be in 1 timeline, seems they are expanding heavily not on just Cloud's memory's but everything that ties into the life stream/planet destiny blah blah blah.

I always thought that "Aerith" flash during the final cut scenes were just too show that is what she wanted. Not just Holy but the life streams help also.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Aerith knows enough to recognize that remake Sephy is off the reservation, but she merely reacts to it and doesn't try to alter things herself until it's clear that fuckery has already occurred.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I still feel Seph will change shit like Aerith fate if he feels it will make his plans happen. Maybe he will do everything differently using the past knowledge. I don’t see anything happening like It did originally especially with them saying it in a cutscene.

furthermore,..4 years till sequel??

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
How far do you think they have gotten with "World Building" ..

It seems that most of the harder work is currently done(Hopefully they fix the ATB waste issues with a patch, other then Frog status It's really annoying having inputs just eaten cause cloud got nicked on his big toe)

Maybe hear something in 3/4 years , I got plenty of games too play anyway so the wait doesn't bother me..

Chris

Potato del Grande

It seems that most of the harder work is currently done(Hopefully they fix the ATB waste issues with a patch, other then Frog status It's really annoying having inputs just eaten cause cloud got nicked on his big toe)

Maybe hear something in 3/4 years , I got plenty of games too play anyway so the wait doesn't bother me..
I would guess 4 years for part 2 then another 2 years for part 3, as part 3 should be reusing a lot of assets.

Fadaar

That guy

remember the days when console games couldn't patch? i don't miss those days

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
My thoughts on the rest of the game

- Is it possible that there won't be anymore "separate" parts of the game? One thing a lot of people have mentioned (and rightfully so) is the naming of the game. It is just "Final Fantasy 7 remake" It is not "part one" or "Midgar". Just, the full name of the game. When you finish it, you are left at the status menu for your game save. Where you can replay old chapters through chapter select. Could it then be that the next part of the game isn't a separate install, but rather adds in new chapters to the game you already have? And you just continue on with new unlocked chapters. This would mean that they could potentially add more content far sooner than expected as we are basing our "several years until the next part" thinking of another "full" section.

It might even make more money that way. Instead of 2-3 more $60 separate instalments, they have 4-5 chapters for $20 or whatnot. So keep people interested in the game, continually updating it with more content on a far quicker schedule than once every 3-4 years. It'd stay continually relevant so to speak. Sale of the base game would keep it on best seller lists. The total for all combined DLCs might even net them more than $60x3.

Is the above a good thing, maybe not, but.... Isn't it feasible?

- The "changes" in the game. I liked the ending, on the basis that I know the original very well after having finished it a few times, so that things might be different doesn't bother me, but rather makes me interested in what might happen. However, the big thing that happened in the original, I don't see how it can change. The first time I played, I used Aerith and leveled her up. In the replays, not so much since that event happened anyways. Now.... ???

However, they will probably still have a "shock" moment, and to keep it fresh, it might differ than the original, perhaps based on the character you focused on. But, I don't see how, if they keep the main plot, Aertih can live. Her in the lifestream was a major point. I don't see how Tifa or Barret or anyone else can have that focus on the lifestream as the only Ancient unless they come with a "oh how about this thing" that was never mentioned in the original.

• 1Barf