Final Fantasy VII Remake

Rude

Potato del Grande
You fail to see the irony which is hilarious after you reacted negatively to two posts without a word, that is of course until I called you out for it when he asked why you wouldn't say anything about it.

But are we really going down this road again where you derail a thread over your own personal feelings about picards or being disagreed with? projecting much? You might as well be Khorum's alt at this point with that shit. I called you out on the premise of you doing both this bullshit, where you adamantly judge a game not being up to your standards without even trying it when we got into it last time and only on second hand reviews, but value them over those of people here who are enjoying it as a product.

Regarding the game itself, I get it, you don't want to play it, you have preconceived notions and that's fine. I'm not going to say you're not allowed to that opinion. But you and others will go on some pretty hard core crusades to force that opinion down the throats of others in pretty aggressive manner. And I could be wrong there too, maybe you've watched people play it, but I still think that's a poor way to judge a game or enjoy it and make a final decision about how you feel and then how others should feel too?

But I will admit, you're right, you weren't one that called out the texture issue and that is my bad. That was just an incident that came to mind when others were looking for reasons to hate the game.

But lets not forget your continuously high-quality contributions to this thread historically as well, such as

and
You perceive my reactions as ironic because you're too dense to realize what I was doing. You continously reaffirm my point that you're a complete simpleton. Also, khorum khorum salt mines when a user says something he perceives as too stupid or annoying to handle. Then that lasts for some short period of time regardless of their further contributions.

I've had several issues with the game, I haven't made it a secret. I've said a few times bailing on the turn based combat to retrofit their FF15 / KH3 shit off boarded my early order instantly. The third party farming failure was another cause for concern. And of course the director himself, Tetsuya Nomura, producer of trash upon trash upon trash. Who's dick he sucked or has dirt on or whatever is unfortunate for everybody. He is the M Night Shyamalan of video games.

This remake was commercially misrepresented, and that's fine. This is a different game from the original, an inferior one, and I'm glad you got your money's worth out of it. I wouldn't mind hypothesizing how well it would have done if they didn't hijack the FF7 IP, but what ifs are a waste of time. I'm sure repeating myself regarding my point of view was also a waste of time though, as you've proven how astute you are with your quoting of previous statements I've made.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
You perceive my reactions as ironic because you're too dense to realize what I was doing. You continously reaffirm my point that you're a complete simpleton. Also, khorum khorum salt mines when a user says something he perceives as too stupid or annoying to handle. Then that lasts for some short period of time regardless of their further contributions.

I've had several issues with the game, I haven't made it a secret. I've said a few times bailing on the turn based combat to retrofit their FF15 / KH3 shit off boarded my early order instantly. The third party farming failure was another cause for concern. And of course the director himself, Tetsuya Nomura, producer of trash upon trash upon trash. Who's dick he sucked or has dirt on or whatever is unfortunate for everybody. He is the M Night Shyamalan of video games.

This remake was commercially misrepresented, and that's fine. This is a different game from the original, an inferior one, and I'm glad you got your money's worth out of it. I wouldn't mind hypothesizing how well it would have done if they didn't hijack the FF7 IP, but what ifs are a waste of time. I'm sure repeating myself regarding my point of view was also a waste of time though, as you've proven how astute you are with your quoting of previous statements I've made.
pink-wojak-brain-chair-pipe.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 4 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Then what was the point of all this gay fate shit?

Tough to say without seeing where they go with it. I kind of agree with certain theories that they could really try to make you feel like the characters will want to somehow change Aerith dying, but in the end not be able to change it or her death is required to activate the white materia, whatever. It's one way they could be thinking of making her death as impactful this time around as in the original (or at least attempt to pull that off). I'm sure there will be some changes big and small along the way. Zack being alive is an obvious one.

They could completely fuck it all up depending what directions they go with it. But, it also actually makes what happens from here on out matter and not have it just be a vanilla trip down nostalgia lane.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Tough to say without seeing where they go with it. I kind of agree with certain theories that they could really try to make you feel like the characters will want to somehow change Aerith dying, but in the end not be able to change it or her death is required to activate the white materia, whatever. It's one way they could be thinking of making her death as impactful this time around as in the original (or at least attempt to pull that off). I'm sure there will be some changes big and small along the way. Zack being alive is an obvious one.

They could completely fuck it all up depending what directions they go with it. But, it also actually makes what happens from here on out matter and not have it just be a vanilla trip down nostalgia lane.
If the story isn't changed dramatically then the fate nonsense seems completely unnecessary. If you wanted to make the same story with minor changes then just do that. There's zero reason whatsoever to add this bullshit in that case. Want people to think Aerith's death was avoided only to fuck them up when she still dies? Then have her survive the original death scene and kill her later. I didn't hate the game, but I definitely hated everything related to these stupid flying capes.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If the story isn't changed dramatically then the fate nonsense seems completely unnecessary. If you wanted to make the same story with minor changes then just do that. There's zero reason whatsoever to add this bullshit in that case. Want people to think Aerith's death was avoided only to fuck them up when she still dies? Then have her survive the original death scene and kill her later. I didn't hate the game, but I definitely hated everything related to these stupid flying capes.

I am assuming the ultimate endgame and "ending" will change pretty significantly. I always thought OG's ending was pretty shit, to be honest. I'm not sure if it would make as much sense to do minor changes and have it have the same impact of the player knowing they've unbound themselves from being shackled to doing it the way it was fated to go previously. I think they released that interview basically because you had so many people thinking the entire game was going to change and none of the classic areas/scenes would be happening in the future.

Rude

Potato del Grande
Then what was the point of all this gay fate shit?
It's because Tetsuya Nomura is a worthless faggot. I'm sure if this episodic remake ever finishes Cloud and Sephiroth will be playing a board game together and discussing friendship while the credits roll.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's because Tetsuya Nomura is a worthless faggot. I'm sure if this episodic remake ever finishes Cloud and Sephiroth will be playing a board game together and discussing friendship while the credits roll.

Due to the invasion of covid19 into the virtual world they will be playing this game via Tabletop Simulator like the rest of us compliant nerds.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think the game simultaneously made FF7 better and worse.

The combat is a massive upgrade, the animations and the boss fights are incredible. But it doesn't delve as deep into Materia combos as the original does and it's as different style to turn based.

The music in some places is the best video game music you'll ever hear and solves the repetition of the original, but some of the new tracks are very generic (Whisper Boss/Wall Street).

The visuals fixes how dated the early 3D graphics of the original are, which makes it borderline unplayable for non fans. However all the charm of the original and the cyberpunk setting has been lost, we shouldn't be seeing the slums in daylight with NPCs wearing generic light clothing, where did the guys in leather with mohawks go?

The expanded zone layout and sidequests fix the need to walk around in the circles to grind, but the sidequests are the most generic FF14 shit possible.

The character animations and voice acting are great improvements over blue text boxes, but the anime grunting and slow dialogue scenes make it all slightly cringe.

The new ending gives a sense of tension and mystery that's missing from remakes, but it sometimes gets in the way of the beloved story of the original.

The positives outweigh the negatives and it's probably an 8/10 game, but it lost the spirit of the original by losing the synths and dark cyberpunk setting.

If you are 100% positive or 100% negative like Rude then you are a retard.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rude

Potato del Grande

The combat is a massive upgrade, the animations and the boss fights are incredible. But it doesn't delve as deep into Materia combos as the original does and it's as different style to turn based.

The music in some places is the best video game music you'll ever hear and solves the repetition of the original, but some of the new tracks are very generic (Whisper Boss/Wall Street).

The visuals fixes how dated the early 3D graphics of the original are, which makes it borderline unplayable for non fans. However all the charm of the original and the cyberpunk setting has been lost, we shouldn't be seeing the slums in daylight with NPCs wearing generic light clothing, where did the guys in leather with mohawks go?

The expanded zone layout and sidequests fix the need to walk around in the circles to grind, but the sidequests are the most generic FF14 shit possible.

The character animations and voice acting are great improvements over blue text boxes, but the anime grunting and slow dialogue scenes make it all slightly cringe.

The new ending gives a sense of tension and mystery that's missing from remakes, but it sometimes gets in the way of the beloved story of the original.

The positives outweigh the negatives and it's probably an 8/10 game, but it lost the spirit of the original by losing the synths and dark cyberpunk setting.

Yeah my guy your list of positives boil down to "this game which has released in 2020 looks better than this other game that was released in 1997". Great job, you've totally convinced me about how good this game really is. I would be concerned that your day job is education, but England's a dump and you're not actively contributing to America's youth decay.

• 2Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah my guy your list of positives boil down to "this game which has released in 2020 looks better than this other game that was released in 1997". Great job, you've totally convinced me about how good this game really is. I would be concerned that your day job is education, but England's a dump and you're not actively contributing to America's youth decay.
Damn, whatever is making you so salty IRL I hope things improve for you soon.

I listed a bunch of reasons why they made a 10/10 1997 game into a 7/10 or 8/10 2020 game and somehow that makes you angry?

They did enough right to make it worth playing and not be disappointing, it wasn't implemented well enough to live up to the original in 1997. Sounds like a Final Fantasy game, they are all like this.

• 2Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
Damn, whatever is making you so salty IRL I hope things improve for you soon.

I listed a bunch of reasons why they made a 10/10 1997 game into a 7/10 or 8/10 2020 game and somehow that makes you angry?

They did enough right to make it worth playing and not be disappointing, it wasn't implemented well enough to live up to the original in 1997. Sounds like a Final Fantasy game, they are all like this.
Yeah, your post totally had me seething with rage. Like, you spinning the "positive" of removing random battle grinding with a horrid side quest system that had all of 5 minutes put into it practically had me convulsions. Another massive victory was voice acting, the 1997 game didn't have that!!! 1111 Who cares if it was cringey11 one.

You're a retard.

• 1Picard
  • 1Truth!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah, your post totally had me seething with rage. Like, you spinning the "positive" of removing random battle grinding with a horrid side quest system that had all of 5 minutes put into it practically had me convulsions. Another massive victory was voice acting, the 1997 game didn't have that!!! 1111 Who cares if it was cringey11 one.

You're a retard.
You can be autistic like that sure, sorry I didn't write an essay and hold your hand through it.

For example my point isn't "has voice acting" it's "had good voice acting that made me care more about the characters, but the anime grunts and slow paced script ruined it a bit".

Did your mother drink while she was pregnant?

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

The battle system was so bad to me personally I won’t experience the rest of what you listed. I actually wanted to, I had it preordered before I played the demo, which is rare for me.

If they would have put some effort into the turned based ultra easy mode to make it challenging and play more like the majority of FF games do maybe I, and others, wouldn’t be so negative. Some of us are disappointed or pissed off, of course people are going to be negative. We understand that you loved it, good for you, stop whining about others not agreeing with your assessment and you’ll see less negative responses to your unending praise.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
The battle system was so bad to me personally I won’t experience the rest of what you listed. I actually wanted to, I had it preordered before I played the demo, which is rare for me.

If they would have put some effort into the turned based ultra easy mode to make it challenging and play more like the majority of FF games do maybe I, and others, wouldn’t be so negative. Some of us are disappointed or pissed off, of course people are going to be negative. We understand that you loved it, good for you, stop whining about others not agreeing with your assessment and you’ll see less negative responses to your unending praise.
Ah yes my unending praise, you quoted a post that was 50% negative feedback you moron.

• 1Triggered

Rude

Potato del Grande
You can be autistic like that sure, sorry I didn't write an essay and hold your hand through it.

For example my point isn't "has voice acting" it's "had good voice acting that made me care more about the characters, but the anime grunts and slow paced script ruined it a bit".

Did your mother drink while she was pregnant?
Why are you getting upset, you dumb fuck? You mad over how I showed you how you defeated your own pitch? You're an idiot, own it. If it's any consolation you know your shit regarding the original and I respect that.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

You are a pussy.

• 1Worf