Final Fantasy VII Remake

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I can't imagine it taking off in the US. Like... at all. I'd have to agree it's purely a Japanese market game.

Yeah, the other mobile one is interesting to me. I know it said not until 2022...but are they releasing it essentially alongside the Remake stuff as a "lore" refresher? How will we actually play through Advent Children? Intriguing, but weird. Won't play it on mobile.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Free VII:remake on ps+ next month. Ps+ versions won’t get the free PS5 upgrade for free though

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Hopefully by June the PS5 will be available. In Norway the consoles supposedly coming in March/April are still sold out from the initial pre-order sale in every online store. The third largest online store even sent out an email two weeks ago saying that they have removed the ability to "watch" the item by getting a notification if new consoles arrive.

Malakriss

FF7 Remake (PS4) is on sale for $30 at Amazon, you will get the free PS5 upgrade for the base game in June
FF7 Remake Intergrade (PS5) will be $70 in June with Yuffie episode included
As long as the Yuffie episode is $40 or less it isn't bad to pick up the base game now.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
Holy shit, take my money. As long as the episodes flow through to make the complete game, I can live with the fact that it's episodic. And if it's that entire compilation in the same FF7+ HD format, that will be amazing. This is the FF7 remaster I always wanted. I dont even care if it's $100 by the time you buy everything if its true to the original with better graphics and even if they add in FF7 Remakes extra fluff.

Hoping they do the same for FF6. They are finally learning how they can print money with their old games.

• 3Like
  • 1Moron
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit, take my money. As long as the episodes flow through to make the complete game, I can live with the fact that it's episodic. And if it's that entire compilation in the same FF7+ HD format, that will be amazing. This is the FF7 remaster I always wanted. I dont even care if it's $100 by the time you buy everything if its true to the original with better graphics and even if they add in FF7 Remakes extra fluff.

Hoping they do the same for FF6. They are finally learning how they can print money with their old games.
Its too bad it’s on a phone. Release this on pc & ps4/5 as an alternate remake pls.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Confused Shigeru Miyamoto GIF by Mega64

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yuffie is pretty cute, though I'm not crazy about how they have her in a giant poncho (and in some kind of weird arm cast once she loses the poncho). It's like they had to ruin the character design a little bit.

This is gonna dive into Dirge of Cerberus territory. That was Deepground in the trailer, and the last guy was Weiss (the villain of Dirge). As Dirge takes place after FF7, maybe this is her first encounter with Deepground to set up Dirge. ...not sure why they're putting this focus on what is unquestionably the weakest FF7 Compilation game.

I'm more excited about the 2D remaster of FF7. I'm amazed we didn't get something like that already during the PS3 era. However I suspect it'll end up being something similar to World of Final Fantasy, or Final Fantasy Record Keeper, and give us a sort of "greatest hits" version of the game where each chapter is one of the major set pieces from the original (so no overworld exploring or heavy customization, more like a story recap than anything else). It'll be interesting to see Advent Children in game form, Crisis Core will be great for people who missed out on it. Dirge...is Dirge. The one I'm personally all about is Before Crisis, since it's the only FF7 Compilation title I never even got to see much less play.

No one gives a fuck about the shooter, terrible idea.

Merrith

Yuffie is pretty cute, though I'm not crazy about how they have her in a giant poncho (and in some kind of weird arm cast once she loses the poncho). It's like they had to ruin the character design a little bit.

This is gonna dive into Dirge of Cerberus territory. That was Deepground in the trailer, and the last guy was Weiss (the villain of Dirge). As Dirge takes place after FF7, maybe this is her first encounter with Deepground to set up Dirge. ...not sure why they're putting this focus on what is unquestionably the weakest FF7 Compilation game.

I'm more excited about the 2D remaster of FF7. I'm amazed we didn't get something like that already during the PS3 era. However I suspect it'll end up being something similar to World of Final Fantasy, or Final Fantasy Record Keeper, and give us a sort of "greatest hits" version of the game where each chapter is one of the major set pieces from the original (so no overworld exploring or heavy customization, more like a story recap than anything else). It'll be interesting to see Advent Children in game form, Crisis Core will be great for people who missed out on it. Dirge...is Dirge. The one I'm personally all about is Before Crisis, since it's the only FF7 Compilation title I never even got to see much less play.

No one gives a fuck about the shooter, terrible idea.

The poncho/moogle thing was part of what Yuffie wore in DoC, I assume it's clearly a nod to that given some of the Dirge tie ins they showed in this DLC. The arm cast is literally canon from the OG?

They've already stated Weiss is just going to be an optional/secret boss in the VR battle room, whoever the main boss of the DLC is, it's someone else. I'm not that surprised by the Deepground inclusion, though, if you listen to a lot of the interviews they gave after Part 1, it's clear they look at Remake as a chance to bring in/tie up stuff from the entire compilation. Whether or not that ends up being a good or bad idea remains to be seen, obviously.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The poncho/moogle thing was part of what Yuffie wore in DoC, I assume it's clearly a nod to that given some of the Dirge tie ins they showed in this DLC. The arm cast is literally canon from the OG?

They've already stated Weiss is just going to be an optional/secret boss in the VR battle room, whoever the main boss of the DLC is, it's someone else. I'm not that surprised by the Deepground inclusion, though, if you listen to a lot of the interviews they gave after Part 1, it's clear they look at Remake as a chance to bring in/tie up stuff from the entire compilation. Whether or not that ends up being a good or bad idea remains to be seen, obviously.
Where did they say Weiss/Deepground is optional?

Looks like it's going to be Chapter 1 Sector 7 Slums and Chapter 2 some sort of Deepground facility.

Yuffie's poncho I assume is going to be a DLC outfit as she's an enemy combatant in hiding, she'll probably have the regular costume in part 2.

Spear dude looks like a test of Cid's fighting style, good chance he'll die lol.

I wonder if Caith Sith in part 2 will be an independent character with the giant mog or riding Red XIII like in Advent Children?

• 1Like

Malakriss

There's an entire japanese interview if you want to google translate or search random forums for dissections

-It seems that the battle with Weiss is a battle within the battle simulator, but will events related to Weiss be added? Also, what is the battle with Weiss likely to be?
Nomura: Weiss, please wait for future information disclosure.

-It is said that a new boss character will also appear, but will this be a different character from Weiss? Also, apart from Weiss, is it a character that has appeared in compilation works so far?
Nomura: There is a boss who appears in the story of Yuffie, which is a new episode, apart from Weiss. As with Weiss, please wait for the follow-up report as to who will appear.

Merrith

Looks like it's going to be Chapter 1 Sector 7 Slums and Chapter 2 some sort of Deepground facility.

Yuffie's poncho I assume is going to be a DLC outfit as she's an enemy combatant in hiding, she'll probably have the regular costume in part 2.

Spear dude looks like a test of Cid's fighting style, good chance he'll die lol.

I wonder if Caith Sith in part 2 will be an independent character with the giant mog or riding Red XIII like in Advent Children?

Like Mala posted, interview with a good bit of details been out for a couple of days already. I don't get why people keep saying spear/polearm dude, no actual spear point on his weapon by the look of it unless I'm going crazy. More a blunt weapon/baton type of thing. You can give him commands but he won't actually be controllable, definitely seems like side character they're using to test out combo attacks in the DLC. Agree he may die, heard rumor that his Japanese VA might be one that is famous for always having his character die in games.

I'm guessing she starts out wearing the poncho, then takes it off at some point since there was footage of her in her normal costume in the trailer.