TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
C25C33B1-9AC0-491D-BB2A-578962930A3E.jpeg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I damn near 100%'d this, but I couldn't for the life of me get past Top Secrets (the Bahamut part always got me). I studied up online and everything.

Ended up playing Hard Mode WITHOUT the Gotterdammerung. I beat every chapter except 17/18 (which I didn't try) and 9. Got Hell House down to 10% a few times, got frustrated, stopped playing.

And now it's been like 2 months and I barely remember how to do anything. Had all kinds of sick metas going too. I wish I'd just finished the game off back then.

The problem is that damn Top Secrets fight. With the Gotterdammerung I'm certain I could beat the rest, considering I nearly beat Hell House even without it.

If I ever get back to this, I'll beat Hell House, then beat my head against Top Secrets for a few hours I guess. I feel like after all of that chapter 17/18 will be the least menacing part.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah this definitely feels like a game that if you step away for from a while, you'll forget all the neat little tricks that made stuff easier. Was Top Secrets the one you had to fight 4-5 bosses in a row? This is the guide that I used, when I tried to deviate from it, I always failed. You gotta have maxxed out materia and weapons too, those extra percents make a huge difference

• 1WTF
  • 1Like

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Man those models and spell effects look really cool. Wish they had an optional for turn based combat.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cloud is Mako enhanced, with abilities and stamina beyond normal humans.

Aerith x Zack is always going to be a thing so that reduces the competition.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Saw on Twitter SE trademarked some stuff potentially related to Crisis Core

Would make sense considering the ending. I think MaximillianDude and Strippins analysis of the remake was spot on. FF7 original already happened. Advent Children already happened. FF 7 remake is in a timeline where Sepiroth has already witnessed what happened if the original played out the way it did and is now trying to change the outcome to be more beneficial for him. This is why Cloud is having flashes to "future" events in the game, but they are actually past events. Cloud can see them because they are connected on a cellular level as explained in the short stories created to bridge FF7 original to Advent Children.

Zack will be a feature in the following parts of the FF 7 remake. Parts 2+ will probably be of the same format. 95% nostalgia and true to the events of the original, but with possibly some major changes in key parts of the story that connects to Sepiroth.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Here's the thing. I like the idea of Sephiroth time-hopping to interfere with the heroes. However, just reviving Zack with no explanation is ridiculous and diminishes Crisis Core. The ending fights with the Whispers also felt like Kingdom Hearts bullshit with platitudes and nonsensical bullshit, set over sweeping music and visuals that tried really hard to make it seem epic. The whole ending was stupid and trivialized not only Crisis Core, but further FF7R installments. Aerith's potential death means nothing since everything can be randomly un-done apparently. Preventing her death would have been fine, rendering it meaningless either way sucks.

I wish they'd remaster Crisis Core on consoles though. Maybe they will now. WAY overdue.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's a little fuzzy now but I didn't get the vibe that Zack was actually alive at the end? Thought it was just some woo woo spirit bs?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Here's the thing. I like the idea of Sephiroth time-hopping to interfere with the heroes. However, just reviving Zack with no explanation is ridiculous and diminishes Crisis Core. The ending fights with the Whispers also felt like Kingdom Hearts bullshit with platitudes and nonsensical bullshit, set over sweeping music and visuals that tried really hard to make it seem epic. The whole ending was stupid and trivialized not only Crisis Core, but further FF7R installments. Aerith's potential death means nothing since everything can be randomly un-done apparently. Preventing her death would have been fine, rendering it meaningless either way sucks.

I wish they'd remaster Crisis Core on consoles though. Maybe they will now. WAY overdue.

Agree with the no explanation thing, but hopefully that will come later. Ending didn't trivialize it as much as point towards a new one, because according to the lore in the short stories Cloud is the one that needs to die to "end" Sepiroth, not Aerith.

"As long as Cloud remembers me, I can continue to exist. Within the Lifestream, and on the surface. Even if my spirit disseminates, even if just one fragment of a memory courses around the planet, in the end I can count on Cloud’s consciousness to bring me back, the man thought."

The whispers were the remnants of Sepiroth from Advent Children.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Don't think anything is diminished until we get full explanations. It's obvious they wanted to throw everyone for a loop at the end to generate a ton of discussion and theory crafting in between parts. I do agree the super giant Whisper fight was a little over the top, although lore diving there's actually shit from that fight with nods to Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo as the 3 you fight. I'm still not a fan of how the did the Whispers in general, but it's pretty clear it was intentional on their part, so going to assume it was for a reason.

I think people freak out a little too much about how "everything can be undone". Seems like that's what they want people to think, but game will also still follow path of the originals. I get the sense it will be a lot of shit of Sephiroth v Aerith with both of them having a lot of knowledge about how things went the first time. They could absolutely fuck it up royally, though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's a little fuzzy now but I didn't get the vibe that Zack was actually alive at the end? Thought it was just some woo woo spirit bs?
He's alive in the flashback at the end of the game, so Cloud arrives in Midgar with Zack instead of being alone.

I assume Zack is going to end up being the lead Sephrioth clone and we fight him in the Whirlwind Maze after Gaia's Cliff (where Jenova Death is fought).

Malakriss

News about the next part should drop in 2 months. The PC release for part 1 should be by Summer.

Random guess 2022 at the earliest for actual release, more likely 2023.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like