Final Fantasy VII Remake

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
, if you listen to a lot of the interviews they gave after Part 1, it's clear they look at Remake as a chance to bring in/tie up stuff from the entire compilation. Whether or not that ends up being a good or bad idea remains to be seen, obviously.

If what I mentioned before is accurate, that the events in FF 7: Remake is a "redo" of Sepiroths making after the events of Advent Children, to change the outcome, then that would make everything that led up to FF 7 original and everything that transpired afterwards, up to and including Advent Children, up for grabs in FF 7 Remake.

So the Remake can (and probably will) feature pretty much all the elements we remember from the original FF 7, but it can also include lots from other games and tie them into the "new" canon. I expect cameos and parts in FF7 remake that were never in the original, but were part of the overall story from Crisis Core to Advent Children. This DLC fits into that as well, and could mean that the FF 7 "remake" will feature much more content than the base game.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If what I mentioned before is accurate, that the events in FF 7: Remake is a "redo" of Sepiroths making after the events of Advent Children, to change the outcome, then that would make everything that led up to FF 7 original and everything that transpired afterwards, up to and including Advent Children, up for grabs in FF 7 Remake.

So the Remake can (and probably will) feature pretty much all the elements we remember from the original FF 7, but it can also include lots from other games and tie them into the "new" canon. I expect cameos and parts in FF7 remake that were never in the original, but were part of the overall story from Crisis Core to Advent Children. This DLC fits into that as well, and could mean that the FF 7 "remake" will feature much more content than the base game.

Yeah that is the general accepted theory, supported by a lot of in game evidence, that it's post AC Sephiroth making changes, and that Aerith is aware as well.

A lot of their interviews and comments have pointed to them trying to have Remake be a coherent inclusion of the compilation as a whole, so yeah I agree there will be a lot of cameos. Just curious how much additional backstory or main story relevance some of it will have, because I still expect the main Parts to follow pretty closely the path taken from the OG, aside from when we get close to Aerith's death. Still think it happens, I just think by that point the party will have more info from Aerith or Sephiroth about things being different.

Of course there is alternate timeline Zack stuff to deal with, too.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The poncho/moogle thing was part of what Yuffie wore in DoC, I assume it's clearly a nod to that given some of the Dirge tie ins they showed in this DLC. The arm cast is literally canon from the OG?

They've already stated Weiss is just going to be an optional/secret boss in the VR battle room, whoever the main boss of the DLC is, it's someone else. I'm not that surprised by the Deepground inclusion, though, if you listen to a lot of the interviews they gave after Part 1, it's clear they look at Remake as a chance to bring in/tie up stuff from the entire compilation. Whether or not that ends up being a good or bad idea remains to be seen, obviously.

Oh, did she have an arm cast in the original? Well, that's that I guess. Still think it looks stupid and greatly detracts from what should be a cute/sexy outfit with the short sleeves and short shorts (yeah, I'm aware her character is like 16 and I don't care).

Speaking of outfits, I really liked Tifa's outfit with shorts in AC and kinda wish they'd used that for FF7R. I'm just a big shorts fan.

Yeah that is the general accepted theory, supported by a lot of in game evidence, that it's post AC Sephiroth making changes, and that Aerith is aware as well.

A lot of their interviews and comments have pointed to them trying to have Remake be a coherent inclusion of the compilation as a whole, so yeah I agree there will be a lot of cameos. Just curious how much additional backstory or main story relevance some of it will have, because I still expect the main Parts to follow pretty closely the path taken from the OG, aside from when we get close to Aerith's death. Still think it happens, I just think by that point the party will have more info from Aerith or Sephiroth about things being different.

Of course there is alternate timeline Zack stuff to deal with, too.

I just really hope this doesn't turn into another Kingdom Hearts. Retelling the Compilation story sounds GREAT. Retelling it plus time travel plus "it's actually a sequel, or maybe it isn't" threatens to get into KH Complete Mumbo-Jumbo territory.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Oh, did she have an arm cast in the original? Well, that's that I guess. Still think it looks stupid and greatly detracts from what should be a cute/sexy outfit with the short sleeves and short shorts (yeah, I'm aware her character is like 16 and I don't care).

Speaking of outfits, I really liked Tifa's outfit with shorts in AC and kinda wish they'd used that for FF7R. I'm just a big shorts fan.

I just really hope this doesn't turn into another Kingdom Hearts. Retelling the Compilation story sounds GREAT. Retelling it plus time travel plus "it's actually a sequel, or maybe it isn't" threatens to get into KH Complete Mumbo-Jumbo territory.
If you replay OG FF7 you can clearly see the white cast on her arm.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I'd Guess yeh it'll have bits and pieces of everything now all mashed into it. But it'll still have the new junk combat. Maybe when they do a full complete ff7r edition they'll finally add in an option for turned based.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'd Guess yeh it'll have bits and pieces of everything now all mashed into it. But it'll still have the new junk combat. Maybe when they do a full complete ff7r edition they'll finally add in an option for turned based.
FFVII:R combat is pretty good. I’d still rather have turn based/ATB but it’s far from junk.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Like

Merrith

I'll be honest, originally the action combat was my biggest worry, but after the E3 presentation and playing the actual game the combat is actually pretty sick. Especially seeing how crazy you can get with certain characters like Tifa and shit.

I like turn based as much as everyone, that was my shit back in the day, but the Remake combat is great.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rajaah Rajaah
yuffie-ff7-classic-pose-render.jpg

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'll be honest, originally the action combat was my biggest worry, but after the E3 presentation and playing the actual game the combat is actually pretty sick. Especially seeing how crazy you can get with certain characters like Tifa and shit.

I like turn based as much as everyone, that was my shit back in the day, but the Remake combat is great.

The problem isn't the combat being bad, it is the combat not being the system I want for this kind of game.

They could have made it a great FPS game, and I'd also have disliked it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The problem isn't the combat being bad, it is the combat not being the system I want for this kind of game.

Yeah if they spent more than eight minutes working on the turn based option it could have been fun for those of us that didn’t want an action game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider

That's exactly how I feel too. It could be the best combat ever. But it still feels wrong to me.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Oh well, while you guys are chillin in the 80s - i enjoyed the f out of it and the combat was pretty fuckin legit. The only thing i didnt like was sometimes the chars you werent controlling were pretty dam useless. In games like Tales you could set their roles and they would act accordingly - but these fuck were rarely ever of any use. There are plenty turn based RPGs still around but the likelihood of FF going backwards is pretty nill, atleast not the main series. FF16 looks even more action oriented from the trailers, if anything theyd try a bit harder to make you guys happy but i wouldnt hold my breath.

Merrith

I got over the whole "has to be turn based" thing, even if turn based is pure nostalgia for me. But hey, Ever Crisis looks turn based.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh well, while you guys are chillin in the 80s - i enjoyed the f out of it and the combat was pretty fuckin legit. The only thing i didnt like was sometimes the chars you werent controlling were pretty dam useless. In games like Tales you could set their roles and they would act accordingly - but these fuck were rarely ever of any use. There are plenty turn based RPGs still around but the likelihood of FF going backwards is pretty nill, atleast not the main series. FF16 looks even more action oriented from the trailers, if anything theyd try a bit harder to make you guys happy but i wouldnt hold my breath.
FF12 had a good system for non active party members.

• 1Like

Malakriss

h7gsowt2xpk61.jpg

As a still frame this isn't a bad comparison, brighter lighting with better skin tones and color of the jacket plus the hair looks more brown than dark.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Better eye reflection, might be SSS on the skin and hair (or faking it with color saturation), some AO from the necklace.

• 1Like