Final Fantasy VII Remake

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Borderlands 3 gave a free PS5 upgrade but to be fair I can't tell a difference. Equally, I don't expect Cyberpunk to charge for it.

Shouldn't be surprised at Square being money-grubbing fuckers though. They'll milk the ever-living hell out of this franchise before releasing the final installment.

Square is giving the free upgrade for the PS5 version too, though.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Whether you own it or have it via PS+?

Preparing to eat humble pie.
No, you have to buy it for the free upgrade.

Some games/companies make you pay to upgrade even if you own the ps4 version.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

That's either 6 or 7 AM Mar 21. Talk show with footage from Resident Evil Village and Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade.

update:

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Malakriss

Tifa's mocap actress thanking her favorite client for the work over the last year since it's wrapping up, looking forward to playing the games (plural) when they come out. Other two people might be Cloud and Yuffie's mocap actors.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Tifa's mocap actress thanking her favorite client for the work over the last year since it's wrapping up, looking forward to playing the games (plural) when they come out. Other two people might be Cloud and Yuffie's mocap actors.
the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

• 7Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Malakriss

ffvii_inter_rating_blood.jpg

Blood is back for Intergrade version.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Am I the only one that had to check that "intergrade" was a real English word? Sounds like a gender from the future.
Or the title of a young adult dystopian romantic drama -ooooh wait, makes sense now.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah lol at anyone saying this is a great action game. Constantly just churning through menus.

I’ve given this a second shot since it’s free, and it’s still not hooking me two hours in. The combat and controls for it just suck. I really want to keep going cause the characters and nostalgia but it’s tough.

• 1Pathetic

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
You don't need to menu juggle at all to complete the content even during hard difficulty. Knowing enemy weaknesses etc is more important than your 400APM button spam.

The combat is fun as shit though especially when you get good at it.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don’t have any general complaints about the combat. A lot of specific ones though. Going through my first play on Normal and a few things are irritating. Flying enemies are never a good idea. Flying enemies where I only have melee characters is worse. Flying enemies where the AI wants to do nothing but run in circles while my attacks have a 10 second wind up and whiff every time. Or the materia I have equipped is the wrong type so even hitting them with a Fire doesn’t matter. Just a lot of little annoyances like that. It gets better as you get better but running in to that stuff detracts from the fun factor and hurts my interest. Compared to other pure action titles or even ARPGs. At times it reminds me of Star Ocean, sometimes a Tales game, maybe a little DMC. But it isn’t the good parts of all of them + some turn based goodness on top.

I’m glad to have played it though. Avoided it initially because it seemed like there was no way I’d be happy. But I’d gladly buy some DLC having now played base for free.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man I got to my hotel room today and wtf at the doors lol. Not only do they look like a blurry piece of shit but passing in front of it does some really weird ghosting shit where I can see multiple ghost copies of my sword handle in the door. I’ve never seen ghosting graphics in a game like that, wtf is happening here?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don’t have any general complaints about the combat. A lot of specific ones though. Going through my first play on Normal and a few things are irritating. Flying enemies are never a good idea. Flying enemies where I only have melee characters is worse. Flying enemies where the AI wants to do nothing but run in circles while my attacks have a 10 second wind up and whiff every time. Or the materia I have equipped is the wrong type so even hitting them with a Fire doesn’t matter. Just a lot of little annoyances like that. It gets better as you get better but running in to that stuff detracts from the fun factor and hurts my interest. Compared to other pure action titles or even ARPGs. At times it reminds me of Star Ocean, sometimes a Tales game, maybe a little DMC. But it isn’t the good parts of all of them + some turn based goodness on top.

I’m glad to have played it though. Avoided it initially because it seemed like there was no way I’d be happy. But I’d gladly buy some DLC having now played base for free.
This was kind of my chief complaint, yes knowing weaknesses after the fact makes some of the fights trivial but flying shit (winged dragons, air mechs etc) before you really had much magic at all was pure ass.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Maddeningly I switched to Barret but never once thought to see if he had Lightning as a spell. Ah well, appreciate the heads up and I'll definitely play it through again.

Guard Scorpion is also probably the toughest (or most drawn-out) fight as a new player. Nothing else is remotely that difficult until Air Buster which is like 25% of the way through the entire game.

There are some real layers to the combat in this one. Even after I beat the game (on Easy) I didn't fully understand the combat. Then when I redid things on Hard mode (Chapter 1 was one of the last ones I did on Hard cause of the scorpion) I discovered all sorts of nuances and tricks to the combat. It's actually pretty amazing how deep this game is. You can breeze through most of it on Easy without knowing all of the tricks, but it challenges you the more you know. The optional Top Secrets fight on Hard was absolutely ridiculous and made all of my learning of the combat system worthwhile.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Guard Scorpion is also probably the toughest (or most drawn-out) fight as a new player. Nothing else is remotely that difficult until Air Buster which is like 25% of the way through the entire game.

There are some real layers to the combat in this one. Even after I beat the game (on Easy) I didn't fully understand the combat. Then when I redid things on Hard mode (Chapter 1 was one of the last ones I did on Hard cause of the scorpion) I discovered all sorts of nuances and tricks to the combat. It's actually pretty amazing how deep this game is. You can breeze through most of it on Easy without knowing all of the tricks, but it challenges you the more you know. The optional Top Secrets fight on Hard was absolutely ridiculous and made all of my learning of the combat system worthwhile.
Examples of these tricks?

I’m still very early, running around junkyards kill rats so it probably doesn’t apply to me but so far it’s use spells they’re weak to. Push or hold Square, press triangle sometimes. Use menu shortcuts to use abilities and stuff. Curious what tricks get opened up that aren’t going to be apparent.