Final Fantasy VII Remake

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
About time Intermission went on sale, I was looking at it recently and left it in my cart because they didn't bother discounting it at all for BF or the End of Year sale.

Being able to play it without digging out my PS4 disc will be handy too.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was also completely invisible in jr high. Wanted a GF really bad and honestly expected one to fall in my lap. None did. Though I did a lot better in HS and late teens at being noticed by girls, I was still completely inept and managed to make all of it go absolutely nowhere.

Funniest thing is, before all that, this girl I had a MASSIVE crush on throughout 4th and 5th grade (because she looked like Sarah Connor in T1)... asked me out on my birthday in 6th grade and I went "hell no" or something. She never talked to me again, then went on to MARRY ANOTHER GUY FROM OUR CLASS who she got together with a few months after my rejection. Talked to her on Facebook a couple years ago (we're mid-30's now) and she told me about all this and that I was the guy she liked first...then stopped answering my messages.

In other words, yeah I was terrible with girls in my teen years, and outright invisible for the first half of them, but I also had a big chance to have a completely different early life instead of the miserable, girl-less teens and early 20's I ended up with. What I wouldn't do to Quantum Leap back into my 12 year old self and try again with some actual balls this time.
I was a surly asshole nerd in high school. My dad was in prison for selling drugs and had been shot/stabbed at that point. My mom was just fucking awful. I hated the world and took it out on people. My last gf of HS that ended up being my first wife was a rich snobby cheerleader type that wanted to fix me. That pissed off moody attitude is probably the only reason I got laid in HS.

I also incessantly pursued pussy with minimal QC.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I was a surly asshole nerd in high school. My dad was in prison for selling drugs and had been shot/stabbed at that point. My mom was just fucking awful. I hated the world and took it out on people. My last gf of HS that ended up being my first wife was a rich snobby cheerleader type that wanted to fix me. That pissed off moody attitude is probably the only reason I got laid in HS.

I also incessantly pursued pussy with minimal QC.

My first GF (at like age 23) was also a rich snobby cheerleader type that wanted to fix me. She didn't understand why I liked playing video games and wanted me to spend that time on other things. We mainly bonded because we both took martial arts. She had amazing legs (most martial arts practicing chicks do) and her pussy tasted like potassium supplements for some reason. Eventually she dumped me because her parents didn't approve of me (Jewish family, I'm not Jewish, and also I was poor).

The whole thing was quite strange overall. I had zero chance of success on that front because I was ill-mannered and boorish, while they were essentially wealthy elites. They had dinner by candlelight, whereas I was used to not even having a dinner table and having dinner on the couch.

I did try though, made a solid effort, meant nothing of course.

To tie it back to FF7, my last OG FF7 replay actually happened right at the beginning of our relationship. I was finishing up an FF6 replay when we got together, then moved on to FF7. ...which means my last full OG FF7 replay was like 14 years ago. My God, I'm SUPER overdue for some FF replays.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I crushed in school. It was until a girl fucked me up in my 20's, then I sucked after that

Yeh, my droughts have generally been after a girl fucked me up. After things ended with the first GF, I went back to school and didn't even go on a date for over a year because I was pining for the relationship. What cured me: Saw her at a wedding and she was super-rude to me, I immediately lost all interest/pining and started dating again like the following week.

I'm on a drought right now but it's more because of COVID scares and me having A Lot Of Shit To Do that I haven't really pursued anybody in a couple years. And I'm fine with it, unlike earlier droughts. I'll get back to dating if people start acting normal, but I'm also at the age where I value quality over quantity and going on a bunch of dates has less appeal than finding one person I like and making sure I pursue her.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Is cloud gay because that mother fucker has Tifa and Jessie all over him and he's pissed about it. Dude could have a threesome with them the way they are going.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Is cloud gay because that mother fucker has Tifa and Jessie all over him and he's pissed about it. Dude could have a threesome with them the way they are going.
Dude was fucked in the head after being tested on for years and watching his mom burn to death in a fire.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mako enhancements probably fixed that. But not his libido. Or lasting longer then seven seconds before the end.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I dunno, I think he'd be able to have a 3-way with Tifa and Aerith more easily. Have you seen how they look at each other in this remake? Aerith is super gay for Tifa and they have more chemistry than either of them does with Cloud. He could probably wiggle into the middle of it though.

Jessie seems more like she's just trying to get his motor running so she can yo-yo him around. Wedge points out that she plays games with dudes. I don't think Cloud could even get her in a two-way.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Surprised we haven't gotten any news whatsoever on FF7R-2 this year.

Or FF16.

Or FF10-3. Yeah, FF10-3 was strongly rumored for a while, and the creators of 10 even said they wanted to do it.

Or FF9 Remake (with WOFF graphics).

Or Chrono Cross Remastered.

I mean 2022 better bring us some gorram news on this stuff.

And where's Dragon Quest 10 Single-Player? And that DQ3 remake?

Square-Enix must be saving everything up to completely drown us with games in one particular year, like they did in 2000. At least Stranger of Paradise is starting to look like it'll actually be good.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider

Or FF16.

Or FF10-3. Yeah, FF10-3 was strongly rumored for a while, and the creators of 10 even said they wanted to do it.

Square-Enix must be saving everything up to completely drown us with games in one particular year, like they did in 2000. At least Stranger of Paradise is starting to look like it'll actually be good.

Didn’t you see? Some interns recreated the first 6 final fantasy games for mobile from scratch with worse-than-original pixel art. What more can you ask for??

Chris

Potato del Grande

Or FF16.

It's all about FF14 this year. Endwalker is going to start making some best FF game lists.

I think I would put it fourth behind FF10, FF7 and FF6.

• 1Pathetic

joz123

Potato del Grande
It's all about FF14 this year. Endwalker is going to start making some best FF game lists.

I think I would put it fourth behind FF10, FF7 and FF6.
Cracking Up Lol GIF

• 1Moron

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

While it is kind of hard to compare a MMO to stand alone single player games, I'd easily put the totality of the story of FF 14 among the greatest FF games. But again, it's a 10+ year project with an ever increasing dev staff. Wouldn't be shocked at all to see Endwalker towards the top of many a game of the year lists. As a stand alone expansion I didn't like it as much as Shadowbringers, but as a conclusion wrapping up a 10 year story arch, it's certainly on my list.

As to not seeing anything about FF 16, Creative Business Unit 3, the development division at Square behind FF 14 are the same ones that are making FF 16. So understandable they are focusing on Endwalker. It has 25 million registered players an increase of 1 million between oct - nov. Rest of Square probably has a "Don't disturb Endwalker. It's $$$!" gag order on their titles until next year. Probably why FF 7 remake announcement for PC was a short trailer with "it's here in a week!" reveal, then just silence again.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

LOL. After seeing that I'm even more glad I just stuck with the PS4->PS5 version.