Final Fantasy VII Remake

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
My first GF (at like age 23) was also a rich snobby cheerleader type that wanted to fix me. She didn't understand why I liked playing video games and wanted me to spend that time on other things. We mainly bonded because we both took martial arts. She had amazing legs (most martial arts practicing chicks do) and her pussy tasted like potassium supplements for some reason. Eventually she dumped me because her parents didn't approve of me (Jewish family, I'm not Jewish, and also I was poor).

The whole thing was quite strange overall. I had zero chance of success on that front because I was ill-mannered and boorish, while they were essentially wealthy elites. They had dinner by candlelight, whereas I was used to not even having a dinner table and having dinner on the couch.

I did try though, made a solid effort, meant nothing of course.

To tie it back to FF7, my last OG FF7 replay actually happened right at the beginning of our relationship. I was finishing up an FF6 replay when we got together, then moved on to FF7. ...which means my last full OG FF7 replay was like 14 years ago. My God, I'm SUPER overdue for some FF replays.
my wife is forcing me to play ff7 remake next year and finish it in 3 weeks or get really close to it for the ff7 concert at the end of the month.

this is what happens to video game couples!

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's so weird seeing these videos when I've had zero issues with this game. I had a couple stutters in chapter 3 or whatever running through sector 7 slums but I'm on chapter 13 now and havent had any since. I'm just running a old i7 and a 2070. I feel like since this game came out on epic instead of steam people are jumping to be super critical of it, but that's just me being conspiratorial.

• 2Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
EGS exclusivity is enough of a reason for me to not buy something, but there's no way Digital Foundry cares about that in their testing.

No clue if I'd have any stuttering or fps drops on my AMD system since even the repack is too large to bother downloading just to use as a benchmark, but I'm done buying games on PC without actual ultrawide support too. There's an unofficial mod as with most games released by retards who can't be bothered doing the small amount of work it takes to support ultrawide in UE4, but like most unofficial UE4 mods there's issues with the UI and various other things because there's only so much modders can do without access to the source code.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

LOL. After seeing that I'm even more glad I just stuck with the PS4->PS5 version.

I still wonder what pc these guys are using because I had the ps4 version. but the pc version is running fantastic so far on chapter 7 and I'm happy with the purchase.

no crashes, no odd textures, smooth fps and it looks way better than my ps4 standard version.

I think if I had the ps5 version then maybe I would have more reason to agree but it seems like a lot of overreacting.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

I still wonder what pc these guys are using because I had the ps4 version.
They tested it on a i7-11800H, RTX 3080M (roughly equal to a desktop 3070), 32GB system. Not sure why they didn't use one of their top of the line 3090 setups, but it's still equal or better than most people's PCs today.

Even if you don't get (or don't notice, which is more likely) stuttering or fps drops, there's issues with the port which aren't at all subjective. Stuff like the near total lack of configuration options, no built-in ultrawide support, no DLSS, low texture setting often being worse than PS4 Pro textures, etc.

Imagine actually watching the video and finding out.

Adding -dx11 to launch options fixed almost all stutter issues for them.
DX11 renderer has the unfortunate side effect of breaking HDR though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did they fix the door texture and corrogated iron texture that was a deal breaker for some people?

• 1Worf

Vorph

Did they fix the door texture and corrogated iron texture that was a deal breaker for some people?
Yes, the textures that were straight-up bugged are fixed even with textures set to Low on PC.

spronk

FPS noob
those were also fixed on PS5 version

i got the free PS5 upgrade for the PS+ PS4 version, had to do it on my PS4 the web link doesn't seem to work. it started to download the full 81 gig PS5 game so i assume it works, no desire to really replay so cancelled the download

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
They tested it on a i7-11800H, RTX 3080M (roughly equal to a desktop 3070), 32GB system. Not sure why they didn't use one of their top of the line 3090 setups, but it's still equal or better than most people's PCs today.

Even if you don't get (or don't notice, which is more likely) stuttering or fps drops, there's issues with the port which aren't at all subjective. Stuff like the near total lack of configuration options, no built-in ultrawide support, no DLSS, low texture setting often being worse than PS4 Pro textures, etc.

DX11 renderer has the unfortunate side effect of breaking HDR though.

the only thing I heard was the software stutters were caused by dynamic resolution scaling? or maybe it was textures.

but I'm on a 1080ti and a amd 5900x. but with both 1440p or the higher resolution that then gets scaled for my monitor, still zero stuttering.

but I know people talked about a goof of the wrong release getting pushed to the EGS. and if stuttering was happening, most fixed it real quick with a download that disabled that automatic scaling.

I installed it anyway and I didn't feel any difference but I figured I'd try to treat it as preventative measures incase it got more intense on my playthrough.

I still feel like it's overreacting and there are VASTLY worse pc ports out there that give way worse issues. . Hell, just look at any EA or Ubisoft products

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
the only thing I heard was the software stutters were caused by dynamic resolution scaling? or maybe it was textures.

but I'm on a 1080ti and a amd 5900x. but with both 1440p or the higher resolution that then gets scaled for my monitor, still zero stuttering.

but I know people talked about a goof of the wrong release getting pushed to the EGS. and if stuttering was happening, most fixed it real quick with a download that disabled that automatic scaling.

I installed it anyway and I didn't feel any difference but I figured I'd try to treat it as preventative measures incase it got more intense on my playthrough.

I still feel like it's overreacting and there are VASTLY worse pc ports out there that give way worse issues. . Hell, just look at any EA or Ubisoft products
FF13 on PC is an abomination. I had to install probably at least 3 mods to get it to not stutter/freeze and so the graphics didn't look blocky as shit.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's so weird seeing these videos when I've had zero issues with this game. I had a couple stutters in chapter 3 or whatever running through sector 7 slums but I'm on chapter 13 now and havent had any since. I'm just running a old i7 and a 2070. I feel like since this game came out on epic instead of steam people are jumping to be super critical of it, but that's just me being conspiratorial.

That's how I felt about Assassin's Creed Unity. I enjoyed the hell out of the game (most interesting AC since AC2, for me) and never ran into any substantial glitches on PS4. Maybe a few slightly-annoying visual issues that added up to maybe a minute or two of being annoyed over a 15 hour game. So it was really weird to see the entire internet shitting all over the game while I was playing it and having fun. To this day I don't know if A) I just lucked out on not seeing much of the glitches and it really was a mess or B) People lost their minds over really trivial, minor shit. Probably a bit of both.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
FF13 on PC is an abomination. I had to install probably at least 3 mods to get it to not stutter/freeze and so the graphics didn't look blocky as shit.

Well FF13 for the most part was an abomination even on console. Just not for the same reasons, but that's a fair assessment there. the first 13 ran ok on my PC when I tried it but 13-2 etc I definitely felt had shit performance issues.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's how I felt about Assassin's Creed Unity. I enjoyed the hell out of the game (most interesting AC since AC2, for me) and never ran into any substantial glitches on PS4. Maybe a few slightly-annoying visual issues that added up to maybe a minute or two of being annoyed over a 15 hour game. So it was really weird to see the entire internet shitting all over the game while I was playing it and having fun. To this day I don't know if A) I just lucked out on not seeing much of the glitches and it really was a mess or B) People lost their minds over really trivial, minor shit. Probably a bit of both.
Well a problem that affects 40% of the users for example is a huge fucking issues and you'll see a lot about it, but ultimately you still have 60% of the ppl playing the game without an issue. Even as low as 10% of the userbase having issues will create a bunch of noise because that's still a substantial amount of ppl, and you'll always see ppl complaining more than the ppl enjoying their stuff.

This reminds me I need to look for intergrade sales or whatever though, want to play that before the 2nd episode at some point, but don't want to replay the whole game on PC so I'll just grab the PS version.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this game worth $20 for PS4/5? Not sure if its worth buying if I'll ever even play it twice...

edit: It's the PS4 version, guess I need to decide if I want to wait and just get the PS5 version or not...

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is this game worth $20 for PS4/5? Not sure if its worth buying if I'll ever even play it twice...

edit: It's the PS4 version, guess I need to decide if I want to wait and just get the PS5 version or not...
Yeah it's a full AAA game, well worth that for one playthrough. It's not as limited on playtime as some claimed, from memory I think I got 40 hours out of it.

The full experience is doing a NG+ hardmode after finishing it, which makes you get good at the combat and is fairly satisfying.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
PS4 version gets a free upgrade to PS5 and even the PS+ freebie has it available now too.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Lmao can’t believe the FF7 remake thread became the place for nerds to talk about how much 16yr old puss they crushed back in 1997.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

It's definitely worth playing. I finished it at around 45+ hours, but you'll get more from it than that too if you try the hard mode, which is really where the materia/gameplay mechanics shine.

I got the game on PS4 when it launched and finished it on that. I upgraded it to Intergrade version for the PS5 and I'd wait if I were you if you don't have a PS5 yet but intend to get one eventually. The PS5 version is superior in every way from graphics/textures to FPS.

• 1Like