Final Fantasy VII Remake

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I played through it and all I remember is that I climbed like 2000 ladders? Combat was nice but the whole concept of the remake lost the vibe of the original imho.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I played through it and all I remember is that I climbed like 2000 ladders? Combat was nice but the whole concept of the remake lost the vibe of the original imho.
They lost the japanese cyberpunk vibe for sure, bland NPCs are a big culprit of that.

It's a great game but it went from 10/10 to 8/10.

• 1Midwit
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Buy this: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE upgrade for PS4™ version owners then go to the game, click the ... button, select versions, and tell it to install the PS5 version.

If you have a physical copy for PS4, you might not need to do the first step. It's been a while since I upgraded mine and I'm going from memory.
This worked by the way so thanks, but god damn do they not make this intuitive.
Put in disc
Stop PS5 from installing
Buy that version
Download game from that screen for $0.00

Haven't figured out how to get the PS4 version to stop showing up from my home screen... because it wants to give me the prompt to install the PS4 version.

Game is beautiful btw. I honestly don't think I've played a Final Fantasy since the original 7, maybe a little bit of 8/9/10 but never finished any of them. New battle system definitely takes some getting used to.

Rude

Potato del Grande
jesus christ, i'm slogging through this game on my final farewell to aerith and i'm dealing with the fucking arm "puzzle" shit.

it's not really a puzzle at all, just fucking time wasters...

i'm playing and my wife looks up and says "your still with aerith?, oh god the fucking arms"
Most of the game is shit filler. Just wait until you're in the HQ going through the last few floors.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Most of the game is shit filler. Just wait until you're in the HQ going through the last few floors.
yea i'm at the dress fetch part and it's so annoy that you know it's purposely made to waste time

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Did you play the original FF7 lol?
of course, ffvii is the first game my wife and i played together, or rather i went over to her house and shes like forcing me to play the golden saucer games, but that was over 20years ago and half my age, games should have evolved by then by being very cognizant of incorporating quality of life mechanics...

but no i'm playing on a pc w/ a 4th gen ssd and they make me walk between walls to "load"

Chris

Potato del Grande
of course, ffvii is the first game my wife and i played together, or rather i went over to her house and shes like forcing me to play the golden saucer games, but that was over 20years ago and half my age, games should have evolved by then by being very cognizant of incorporating quality of life mechanics...

but no i'm playing on a pc w/ a 4th gen ssd and they make me walk between walls to "load"
Well I hate to break it to you but Wall Market is pretty faithful to the original other than the added Battle Arena bit, they just evolved each location to have modern 3D story scenes instead of the old text boxes.

When I was 11 I must have spent a whole day wondering around that place figuring out WTF to do.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
getting out of the sewers is a slog, it's not even a puzzzle, just go here and go there, now i'm gonna go find reno again at the sauuce and biggs and wedge finally died.

objectively if you've never heard of cloud strife or heard one winged angel then for this game to give you memberberries it's a really shit game with 2011 game mechanics

god damn i think i even had more fun w/ cyberpunk

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
game is so boring i decided to load up some mods (i mean boring that i go through sewers and fight trash mobs, then i fight boss and then i'm FORCED to walk slow and carry fat ass wedge or some shit, like why is this game constantly making you fucking walk?)
36b86fbccb9ba6f071a288676b5774cf.jpg

i'm not using dx12 so i don't get stuttering, hdr is fixed i have a mod to extend camera view, i put tifa in a gold dress and barrett in a pink uniform so i can actually see them. i was fighting as cloud in his white dress (cuz it's fucking glaring white and i actually see him) but my wife wanted to see him in zacks outfit.

surprisingly no bare feet mod

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Outfit swaps and recolors are easy to do, game hasn't been out that long on PC and not on Steam so it's still 99% dress variations

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i finished this shit game just in time for the concert on friday, the game is unbearably long for no reason, i stand by that this game only survives on memberberries, the mechanics are garbage, half the time youre either cloud alone or your in a team with the 2 worst characters aerith and barret, when it's the girls at least you get tifa, i enjoyed playing with her more than cloud.

then you play intergrade/intermission and all the quality of life stuff has been worked into yuffie. running up to boxes are too annoying?, throw the fucking boomerang, holy shit, what a concept!

take a detour and play the fucking side card game? sure, this should have been included in the regular game, not a 20$ dlc fix.

the orchestra was great, tifas theme really needs to be live and battle medley with a chorus is wonderful, but since it was vii remake focus'd they had to throw in some garabage like turk theme and shinra theme and the new composers suck too (whoever made jesses theme)

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
i finished this shit game just in time for the concert on friday, the game is unbearably long for no reason, i stand by that this game only survives on memberberries, the mechanics are garbage, half the time youre either cloud alone or your in a team with the 2 worst characters aerith and barret, when it's the girls at least you get tifa, i enjoyed playing with her more than cloud.

then you play intergrade/intermission and all the quality of life stuff has been worked into yuffie. running up to boxes are too annoying?, throw the fucking boomerang, holy shit, what a concept!

take a detour and play the fucking side card game? sure, this should have been included in the regular game, not a 20$ dlc fix.

the orchestra was great, tifas theme really needs to be live and battle medley with a chorus is wonderful, but since it was vii remake focus'd they had to throw in some garabage like turk theme and shinra theme and the new composers suck too (whoever made jesses theme)
I thought you were asian?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You are supposed to love the weeb games then.
i don't have the time nor the grace to forgive a shit game for being a shit game just b/c it's weebly
im-too.gif

this game is nothing more than nostalgia running through the motions of button mashing one button and lauching your limit breaks

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
It's pretty odd that you forced yourself to play all the way through a game you weren't enjoying.

For the record Aerith is the best character (behind Cloud) because of how strong magic is, at least on hard difficulty.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users