Final Fantasy VII Remake

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Funny how this artwork with the 3 guys standing there, which seems to be the most common artwork for this game that I'm seeing everywhere, has Cloud in this prominent position as if he means anything to the game. I mean, he does, but he's a minor character in Crisis Core. It's all about Zack/Angeal/Genesis/Sephiroth.

I hope this game means we're getting more Genesis in the future. Most people HATE that character, but I thought he was interesting, and having a "second Sephiroth" who is just as unbelievably strong was an interesting idea. He's still alive in the post-FF7 world, so in theory there's no obstacle to having him come back as a villain in the re-quels. Would be crazy (and probably a terrible idea) if Sephiroth ends up being a "good guy" by Part 3 and joins the party to face the "real threat" of Genesis.

Crisis Core is out today, anyone playing it?
got this delivered last night, installed it, and thats it, my wife will play it on the weekend, and then we head off to italy, so wtf. at first she was like "did you get the switch version so i can play on the plane?"

i'm like "fuck no, we have a ps5 now, every game will be ps5 unless it's switch only"

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
got this delivered last night, installed it, and thats it, my wife will play it on the weekend, and then we head off to italy, so wtf. at first she was like "did you get the switch version so i can play on the plane?"

i'm like "fuck no, we have a ps5 now, every game will be ps5 unless it's switch only"

Yeah, Switch's 720p/30 just doesn't cut it when we have 2160p/60 on PS5.

Switch is still my favorite system because it's portable. They aren't even really comparable at this point though. PS5 is the far-superior home console and Switch is the portable of the moment.

Nintendo should probably just switch to focusing entirely on being a portable (that happens to be able to plug into a TV) and own the portable market while Sony owns the TV console market.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1440p/60 might be something to shoot for on the next portable, but Switch not even reaching 1080p/60 is a slap in the face to any decent graphics game.

Fadaar

That guy
anything over 1080 is a bit of a waste on a screen that small and even stingy ass Nintendo should be able to hit 1080/60 absolute bare minimum next gen whenever that ends up happening for them, 4K/30 when hooked up to TV

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Let's be honest almost all of the bad acting in X was Yuna or Tidus. Or Fuckface as I named him in my playthroughs.

Honestly outside of the horrible laughing scene I didn't mind either...but knowing that scene was 100% on purpose I didn't care about it, either.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

I got it on Switch and think it is fine. This was a PSP game originally, it has frequent saving so it is great for on the go.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
anything over 1080 is a bit of a waste on a screen that small

Yes, but it's the same on a TV. And this particular game is only 720 on both. The issue isn't the portable Switch screen (which is fine, especially the OLED one), it's the docked TV console performance.

Honestly outside of the horrible laughing scene I didn't mind either...but knowing that scene was 100% on purpose I didn't care about it, either.

I don't know why people fuss about the FFX laughing scene so much. In-context it was purposefully awkward, like "let's make a fool of ourselves". People on the internet act like it was supposed to be a serious scene that spectacularly failed, or something. Every time I see any Youtube video complaining about FFX, there's the laughing scene. The sound of it is drilled into my head.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Don't think anyone posted this.

I'm really looking forward to getting some Before Crisis content in this remake. FF7's prequel that not only did we not get, but not many seem to know exists, because it was trapped being a Japan-only phone game in the time of flip phones.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so i also bought the switch ver as well and gave my wife options, ps5 or switch? either play at home w/ great graphics (fmv, intro, etc) or 2 weeks later on the plane w/ shitty gfx, after showing her a comparison video she stuck w/ the ps5, said it's crisis core and just updated like remake, so it's fun.

now i get to visit khols and do an amazon return

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

Don't think anyone posted this.

I'm really looking forward to getting some Before Crisis content in this remake. FF7's prequel that not only did we not get, but not many seem to know exists, because it was trapped being a Japan-only phone game in the time of flip phones.
Very much getting the vibe that this is Record Keeper but for FF7 universe only.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone played crisis core reunion and can report on how good it is/isn't? The game play videos I've seen make it look very similar to FF7R which I loved. I know nothing about the original crisis core.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Its the same crisis core game just better graphics and more VA and changed the battles to be similiar to FF7R. CC was mission based and not roaming around like in FF7.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Its the same crisis core game just better graphics and more VA and changed the battles to be similiar to FF7R. CC was mission based and not roaming around like in FF7.
my wife said
" it's pretty crisis core and they put in viiremake battle shit"

hour 3 watching her play, i'm like where the fuck is your team?

shes like

"i think i'm all alone?"

joz123

Potato del Grande
my wife said
" it's pretty crisis core and they put in viiremake battle shit"

hour 3 watching her play, i'm like where the fuck is your team?

shes like

"i think i'm all alone?"
Steve Brule What GIF

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so i walk in on my wife on her phone while the game is on and a soldier weenie beating on zack and shes like

"game is dumb, you have to afk grind, just let this weenie hit you for hours"

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
so i walk in on my wife on her phone while the game is on and a soldier weenie beating on zack and shes like

Steve Brule What GIF

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

Oh man, just tried this doing the easiest training mission. You literally can just grind by going afk.

• 1Pathetic

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Oh man, just tried this doing the easiest training mission. You literally can just grind by going afk.

Wait, what? Does it have an FF2-type leveling system? I don't remember that at all from the original CC.

• 1Weird Boner

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Wait, what? Does it have an FF2-type leveling system? I don't remember that at all from the original CC.

During battle there is a slot machine with numbers going. When it hits 777 you level up. The longer you are in battle the longer it keeps going. So staying in a low level battle with enemies that barely hurt you let's you go afk and you will level up with the slot machine.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Damn, that seems pretty game-breaking. The game is pretty easy so I don't think that's particularly necessary, unless maybe you're playing on Hard mode or something.