Final Fantasy VII Remake

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cloud's Japanese voice actor got caught cheating with a script writer, allegedly not the first. Until recently it was not even known he was married as Japan has even weirder idol rules than twitch thots and hiding their relationship status.

However it turns out for him, it is still potentially a release delay as they need to recast the VA.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
What's with the Japanese VA's, some dude that voiced one of the main guys in Judgment got arrested for cocaine.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Anyone getting Crisis Core in a week or so? This one really snuck up on me. I'm probably gonna wait until after the new year and stick to what I'm working on now.

Considering making a thread for Crisis Core...I don't know if it has enough interest on here though.

Was fantastic on PSP and I'm sure this new version will be fantastic.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Streamers were sponsored to play Chapter 1 of CC a couple days ago, if you want an introductory hour or so to see how it runs check it out.

Happy's VOD:

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Still havent finished 7R. I basically bought a PS5 to play it a week before they announced the PC release, Now I want to play it on PC but dont want to wait another 2 years for the port of Part 2. PS exclusives are so lame.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Still havent finished 7R. I basically bought a PS5 to play it a week before they announced the PC release, Now I want to play it on PC but dont want to wait another 2 years for the port of Part 2. PS exclusives are so lame.
While I agree with disliking the exclusive shit, I just played it on PS5, this gen actually doesn't feel like a massive downgrade over PC anymore(SSD being for me the big difference, loading times were so shit in previous gens), still don't have mods and stuff but it's fine for this type of game. I'll likely grab the 2nd part on PS5 too instead of waiting. What I'm less sure about is the DLC. I have yet to buy/play the Yuffie DLC, I'm just not sure if I want to bother, guess I'll figure it out once 2nd part is closer if I'm hyped about it or not.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
While I agree with disliking the exclusive shit, I just played it on PS5, this gen actually doesn't feel like a massive downgrade over PC anymore(SSD being for me the big difference, loading times were so shit in previous gens), still don't have mods and stuff but it's fine for this type of game. I'll likely grab the 2nd part on PS5 too instead of waiting. What I'm less sure about is the DLC. I have yet to buy/play the Yuffie DLC, I'm just not sure if I want to bother, guess I'll figure it out once 2nd part is closer if I'm hyped about it or not.
Fuck controllers tho lol I am so bad at them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Fuck controllers tho lol I am so bad at them.
Oh I could see that, as a console kid from the NES days, I like using gamepads, as long as it doesn't involve aiming precisely and quickly at stuff. I basically switched mostly to PC around the Playstation 2 days so I never really got used to playing stuff like FPS with a pad, just more comfortable with a mouse, but anything else I don't mind and prefer it for several types of games, even on PC(I'd play FF on PC with a pad for example, just feels more natural this way).

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Yuffie DLC is pretty decent, particularly if you like Yuffie. It can be finished in like 5 hours and if you have it already, why not? It also sets up Part 2.

PS5 is awesome, really does feel PC-like visually. Plus the controller is pretty incredible (play something that makes full use of the feedback, like Astro's Playroom)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yuffie DLC is pretty decent, particularly if you like Yuffie. It can be finished in like 5 hours and if you have it already, why not? It also sets up Part 2.

PS5 is awesome, really does feel PC-like visually. Plus the controller is pretty incredible (play something that makes full use of the feedback, like Astro's Playroom)
I don't have it, if I did yeah sure I'd play it, but the question is whether I want to buy it or not. Part 2 doesn't seem like it's that close though, or maybe they're just keeping the news down to not conflict with XVI release.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I don't have it, if I did yeah sure I'd play it, but the question is whether I want to buy it or not. Part 2 doesn't seem like it's that close though, or maybe they're just keeping the news down to not conflict with XVI release.

As I understand it, we're getting a 3-fer in one year, much like Pokemon just did.

Dec 22: Crisis Core
July? 23: FF16
Dec 23: FF7-2

Though FF16 could really be anywhere in the summer, I think it'll be earlier. And FF7-2 could easily be bumped back to March 24 to be on the 4 year release of the first one.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
yuffie was a better quality of life game, whatever stupid shit was in ff7r, yuffie fixed, so it's not a slog

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
yuffie was a better quality of life game, whatever stupid shit was in ff7r, yuffie fixed, so it's not a slog

Yuffie also has some good fanservice and references for Dirge of Cerberus fans.

........well, Dirge of Cerberus players.

So I expect DoC to get mixed in with the FF7R canon going forward and for Wutai to be a lot more fleshed-out.

Good video, I watched all couple hours of it. Guy totally eviscerates the Whispers and the last chapter and Nomura, along with a ton of side-by-side comparisons with the original game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Linked for the thumbnail

Looks like Tifa's boobs have been vastly downgraded for Crisis Core. Well, she IS supposed to be a lot younger there, like 16. IDK though, her character model looks pretty terrible from the neck down regardless, even aside from that.

Edit - Looks like they were way bigger in the original Crisis Core, 16 or not:

1670501534963.png

Smaller bust, no ab/hip definition, mannish shoulders..... ehhh. Hopefully this is just a bad angle. They also might see her as more of a kid in the Nibelheim flashbacks. I'm pretty sure she'll be back to normal in FF7R-2.

Last edited:
  • 2Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users