Final Fantasy VII Remake

Siliconemelons

That trailer seems like it, ya know, kinds sticks to the OG with only delving more into certain things, Etc. Unlike the first part that is obviously adding nonsense.

Damage numbers shown are interesting about how are they handling the carry over

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That trailer seems like it, ya know, kinds sticks to the OG with only delving more into certain things, Etc. Unlike the first part that is obviously adding nonsense.

Damage numbers shown are interesting about how are they handling the carry over

Was stated each game is meant to be stand alone, and balanced for just that game, so there will be no real carryover, although supposedly you will start with a little something extra if you played the previous part (I assume some weapon or piece of gear).

They also stated they've purposely been putting mysteries into trailers/first part/etc for people to follow, but that this trailer was mostly a meat and potatoes trailer to show areas/features people can expect in the game. Expect next trailer for it to be much weirder.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm more hyped for this than I was BG3 cause the member berries are speaking to me hard.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
174d1169b05b9d00e637ae7f23633fdc.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Guess I will continue the first game in January then. Stopped after falling down to Aeriths church.

Replaying FF7 on my emulator handheld really shows how much they fleshed out and added to the FF7 remake.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Edit: Read an interview with Nomura:

"Although there are some changes in the order of the locations, the locations depicted in [Rebirth] extend up to ‘The Forgotten Capital,’ where the greatest fate of Final Fantasy VII awaits you"

It's all of Disc 1, great.

"There are characters who are accompanying members in Final Fantasy VII Rebirth that will become official party members in the next title."

I would guess that's Cid and Vincent. Cid doesn't do much until you get the airship anyways.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Having a PS5 save file awards a Leviathan materia, PS5 Intergrade save also nets you Ramuh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Having a PS5 save file awards a Leviathan materia, PS5 Intergrade save also nets you Ramuh.

Completed game save files or just save games confirming you have the titles? I completed the game on PS4, not finished it on PS5 or Intergrade (was saving it until closer to release).

Malakriss

Completed game save files or just save games confirming you have the titles? I completed the game on PS4, not finished it on PS5 or Intergrade (was saving it until closer to release).
The blog page only says "save file" and does not specify further, but can't you just import the completed save over to PS5 anyways?

Aazrael

Theres no way to move savefiles cross platform right?

I got the Intergrade on Epic but kinda want to use the PS5 instead.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Half way through intergrade.

Yuffie is great, combat is a huge improvement, looks promising for part 2.

What the fuck is happening to the music though? There's a jazz track at the shipping warehouse that felt like torture.

They ruined Wall Street with new music and seems like they are doubling down on it. Why not remix existing tracks, the Yuffie's theme remix at the start was fine.

Intergrade's combat is an improvement? I can't remember because I played this in 2020 and Intergrade in...2021? I do remember Intergrade has multi-character combination moves (dual techs if you will) which the sequel is gonna have.

What I'm gonna do to refresh my memory is replay the first game all the way through maybe a couple weeks before the new one, and incorporate the Yuffie chapters into the main game (which I'm surprised they didn't do already with the latest version). They fit neatly between chapters... 13 and 14 I think. The Yuffie DLC is some of the best content in the game.

The music weirdness also happened in FF16. Occasionally area music is replaced with weird droning tracks. I don't know what's going on.