Silver Knight of the Realm
I told you mother fuckas! I told you non-believers!@

Just look at the beautyyyyy!
rolleyes.png
cool.png

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
When I do Knights of the Round my console will become self aware and launch nukes like Skynet. That and Golden Saucer will look awesome.
Speaking of which, if they don't let you skip those summon animations this time around I'm boycotting on principle alone. Holy shit, was that a bad design choice.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
SQUENIX is turning the greatest RPG of all time into the same steaming pile of ARPG bullshit that is FFXV. Damn them. Damn them to hell. They will never get another cent from me. Ever. The day they finally go bankrupt can't come soon enough...
Uhhhh... I assume you are talking about the combat system? It looks nothing like FFXV's at all. Watch the combat again and you can clearly see the action menu, which is NOT present in FFXV.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They actually mentionned it won't be like XV, it's more turn based, but still action-like. I'd assume something similar to XIII or so, or maybe XII I don't really know, but yeah it's not full action.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kingdom Hearts had an attack menu and was definitely a very-actiony game. After rewatching the trailer it does look like more of a grandia style turn-based combat, in that it's turn based but generally speaking your characters are constantly moving around the battlefield and it can make AE attacks hit different targets, etc. Either way, looks cool and am even more hyped hah.

Speaking of which, if they don't let you skip those summon animations this time around I'm boycotting on principle alone. Holy shit, was that a bad design choice.
and maybe they will couple those extra long animations with the Boost ability that GFs had in FF8 for good measure

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Uhhhh... I assume you are talking about the combat system? It looks nothing like FFXV's at all. Watch the combat again and you can clearly see the action menu, which is NOT present in FFXV.
Any game where you are effectively forced to put most of your characters on an AI auto battle is shit. We'll see if that's the case, but with a free moving battle screen it almost has to be

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Any game where you are effectively forced to put most of your characters on an AI auto battle is shit. We'll see if that's the case, but with a free moving battle screen it almost has to be
Did you play Dragon Age: Inquisition?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
8 could be corrected to not be terrible to be honest. They need to scrap the draw system and replace it with something that's not completely retarded, change the characters, rewrite the story to something that anyone would care about, and get rid of the level scaling bullshit

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You could play DA:I with either AI on, or controlling every move they make in a tactical battle interface.

I'm not suggesting it was executed perfectly in DA:I, but options exist other than 'control Cloud fully and have Vincent + Red XIII 90% AI controlled. Know what I mean? Hell, the possibility exists that combat is largely turn based and only 'auto-attacks' are AI controlled. You may have to actively swap between characters and queue up abilities... Which I'd be quite happy with.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You could play DA:I with either AI on, or controlling every move they make in a tactical battle interface.

I'm not suggesting it was executed perfectly in DA:I, but options exist other than 'control Cloud fully and have Vincent + Red XIII 90% AI controlled. Know what I mean? Hell, the possibility exists that combat is largely turn based and only 'auto-attacks' are AI controlled. You may have to actively swap between characters and queue up abilities... Which I'd be quite happy with.
The problem is games like that are obviously designed to be used with autobattle AI. The pacing of the game doesn't make it feasible to actually control all characters.

I mean I'm still holding out hope that the battle system isn't going to be what I think, but the direction square has gone has me very pessimistic

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The problem is games like that are obviously designed to be used with autobattle AI. The pacing of the game doesn't make it feasible to actually control all characters.

I mean I'm still holding out hope that the battle system isn't going to be what I think, but the direction square has gone has me very pessimistic
What are you expecting? God of War with 2 swappable AI companions?