Final Fantasy VII Remake

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have a very safe spot in my heart for ff9. I really loved it. Maybe it was because I was REALLY tired of the direction that ff7 started and ff8 went full bore on with the reality aspect of it. I want my fantasy to be fantasy.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
9 had a lot more in common with 6 and previous than anything else, and while the absolute end of the game was kind of "wat" (Looking at you, Necron) it was pretty much exactly what everyone complains about is lacking from X and later games. Overworld maps, characters are unique, actual equipment slots, non-hallway gameplay, full control over your characters and a heavy final fantasy feel.

The problem it had was the more childish looking characters (primarily Steiner and Zidane with his tail) and the story goes off the rails completely at the end. Aside from that, it's one of the better FF's that have come out.
Agreed. 9 is probably my favorite one. The art style is completely subjective, but I can understand not liking it. That said, I found the characters themselves to be the most likeable out of any FF.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, the story in 9 was great for the vast majority of the game. Necron and the "We must defeat death!" stuff was pretty dumb, but Kuja was a good villain, as was Brahne before he becomes the big-bad. The storyline made sense and fit the themes of the world very well, right until the absolute very end.

As for not liking the characters, I can see that with the art direction, but aside from Quina there's really no shitty character in the story. The game just isn't super grim-dark like they went with the latter half of 6 and most of 7, and it has a lot more in common with previous titles with the whimsicality of it all. I mean hell, you get turned into a pig/frog in 4, and anything involving Gau/Mog/Umaro from 6 was clearly a comedic take on things, especially with Cyan.

Now if you want to shit on 8 for a variety of reasons, you have my axe. Aside from being graphically superior to previous games, it had some of the worst mechanics and the dumbest story ever. The characters weren't really unlikable, but nothing made me care about them either.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Oh snap, I just realized I'm gonna get to see transvestite Cloud in glorious HD.

SO PUMPED FOR THIS GAME
IeMPzbV.jpg

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Agreed. 9 is probably my favorite one. The art style is completely subjective, but I can understand not liking it. That said, I found the characters themselves to be the most likeable out of any FF.
Agreed, it was also the last one I did "Everything" in as well (beat X but did not do all the ultimate weaps etc).

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
bros, i've played 7 like 3x, it was my first FF game cuz, well didn't have monies for SNES, and playing ff7 was on my wifes ps1 (then gf) ha. Anyway i'll have 1 week in maui and wife just wants to lay on beach, so i have ios/android psp etc, what should i catch up on first? (old school ff, played 4)
ff1-3, 5,6 or psp crisis core/revenant wings/duo decimal? also chrono trigger. (or any other wtf games i should buy in ios?)

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Of the NES/SNES generation, IMO, the only FF that is "must play" is FF3 (FF6.) Chrono Trigger being pretty much equal to FF3/6 in terms of greatness as well. Outside of that Earthbound is a fantastic RPG for the SNES but that isn't on any mobile platform (legally.)

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chrono Trigger is perfect in every way. I would love a remake of it but I'm too afraid they would screw something up. We are long overdue for a third Chrono game.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The DS remake of FF4 was pretty much a masterpiece. The 3d instead of sprites is a little rough in places, but the rebalanced difficulty of the game and better translations are amazing. My only real beef is the dickless fag they got to voice Cecil.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think that you are either a FF8 person or a FF9 person and hate the other game, with everyone other than trolls liking FF6 and FF7. FF10 is the best all round game, or will be until FF7 ups it's graphical game.

FF12 is half finished. FF13 is shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you talking to someone in specific, or just saying in general? Cause I hated both FF8 and FF9. and didn't care for 10 much, never played 10-2.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Chrono Trigger is perfect in every way. I would love a remake of it but I'm too afraid they would screw something up. We are long overdue for a third Chrono game.
Theres no way for them to recreate the original chrono trigger without shitting all over it. Akira Toriyama's art style would not look good with the same recreation processes they did with FF7:Remake and Advent Children.

They would be forced to keep it looking super anime like the recent DBZ games, which nobody wants lol

Caliane

bros, i've played 7 like 3x, it was my first FF game cuz, well didn't have monies for SNES, and playing ff7 was on my wifes ps1 (then gf) ha. Anyway i'll have 1 week in maui and wife just wants to lay on beach, so i have ios/android psp etc, what should i catch up on first? (old school ff, played 4)
ff1-3, 5,6 or psp crisis core/revenant wings/duo decimal? also chrono trigger. (or any other wtf games i should buy in ios?)
fallout shelter?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'd prefer if they were making a CT sequel to just put it on the 3DS where it is perfectly acceptable to have a sprite based game still. Like Mother3 did not suffer at all from being put on a handheld system. In fact it made the game better.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'd prefer if they were making a CT sequel to just put it on the 3DS where it is perfectly acceptable to have a sprite based game still. Like Mother3 did not suffer at all from being put on a handheld system. In fact it made the game better.
Thats pretty much the only viable way to do it, exactly how they did it with the 3D remakes of the older FF games on the DS/3DS.

Which i would be totally good with as well, but theres no way they could do a PS4 or "Remake" version of it, no way jose.

Caliane

Theres no way for them to recreate the original chrono trigger without shitting all over it. Akira Toriyama's art style would not look good with the same recreation processes they did with FF7:Remake and Advent Children.

They would be forced to keep it looking super anime like the recent DBZ games, which nobody wants lol
rrr_img_100306.jpg

not sure if serious..

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Extremely ready for this. I still have the PS1 version's disks and an old memory card with the saved games from the past. Loved this one.