Final Fantasy VII Remake

Chris

Potato del Grande
Black materia bad! White materia good for attaching to hair ties.
The thing with Materia is that it's a crystallised version of Mako, or rather dead people's souls/memories. So using it gives you access to magic those people knew.

Black Materia is the Meteor spell and is powerful enough to be an extinction level event, the Cetra locked it up in The Temple of the Ancients, Seprhioth only had enough mana to cast it at The North Crater. White Materia is the Holy spell and manifests the will of the planet, the surviving Cetra passed it down and since Aeris is the last one, she has it although she doesn't know how to use it at first. FF7 is one of the only Final Fantasy games where players can't cast Holy or Meteor.

However if the planet is sick of humans fucking everything up then Holy will wipe out all humans. In the original game it's left ambiguous if Holy actually wipes out all of humanity along with Meteor, given the planet woke up the WEAPONs to destroy the Mako Reactors that was a real possibility, since there's sequels though we know that humanity was given another chance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I always liked that a lot of the backstory for Cetra/JENOVA stuff and Cloud/Zack/Sephiroth/Vincent story lines required you to check out hidden areas or dig into spots in areas you already visit. Maybe that's why a lot of people back in the day "didn't get" the story.

• 2Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Huh, that's cool to read. I didn't know/remember Jenova being an alien or shapeshifter, I just assumed whenever you saw Sephiroth doing his warpy shit it was because he had gone super saiyan and was just fucking with everyone.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
since there's sequels though we know that humanity was given another chance.

I think Advent Children added some good details on this too. I recently watched the extended/directors cut and they filled in even more gaps/added better sequences than the initial release did.

• 2Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
Huh, that's cool to read. I didn't know/remember Jenova being an alien or shapeshifter, I just assumed whenever you saw Sephiroth doing his warpy shit it was because he had gone super saiyan and was just fucking with everyone.
Sephiroth used Jenova as a conduit. He's been slumming in the northern crater since he washed up there. You see him when cloud hands the materia over and the final fights of the game. Every other incarnation not related to flashbacks is Jenova.

Speaking of her fucked up body will probably end up censored. Although continuing this thought tangent I'm interested in seeing how they handle Palmer.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hrmm after that gameplay and some additional details 99% sure this will be a day one purchase. I just REALLY hope they keep it rolling and actually finish the story.

• 3Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sephiroth used Jenova as a conduit. He's been slumming in the northern crater since he washed up there. You see him when cloud hands the materia over and the final fights of the game. Every other incarnation not related to flashbacks is Jenova.

Speaking of her fucked up body will probably end up censored. Although continuing this thought tangent I'm interested in seeing how they handle Palmer.
I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the JENOVA boss battles since it looks really weird in the original and I want to see more detail.

I can see them expanding on it escaping from the Shinra Building, like making it be Cloud who frees it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Lenas

Trump's Staff
However if the planet is sick of humans fucking everything up then Holy will wipe out all humans. In the original game it's left ambiguous if Holy actually wipes out all of humanity along with Meteor, given the planet woke up the WEAPONs to destroy the Mako Reactors that was a real possibility, since there's sequels though we know that humanity was given another chance.

I still remember the very last scene with Red XIII in the far future howling and looking out at an overgrown Midgar. Many debates were had back then about whether or not humans got wiped out by Holy and if the good guys actually lost.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I remember most of that except for the Sephiroth's parents, and Jenova stuff. That was always the really muddled bit of the story from what I remember.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Jehovah tits or bust (heh) but, like the latest Shiva's they will be gone/covered no nips- not even alien or blue ones

• 1Like

Caliane

you didn't mention the Sephiroth clones.

Wasn't that final Sephiroth literally a different one?

• 1Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
I remember most of that except for the Sephiroth's parents, and Jenova stuff. That was always the really muddled bit of the story from what I remember.
Hojo is Sephiroth's biological father and Lucrecia is his biological mother. She's in some crystal under a waterfall that you can access by sub (or chocobo). Part of Vincent's story, he loved her, Hojo smoked him, then he went in a coffin and got all emo. Hojo injected the fetus with Jenova cells, Sephiroth ended up being the perfect super-human. Eventually went nuts, etc. Hojo's actually a giant piece of shit, it should have been mandatory to have Vincent in the party when you fight him at Sister Ray.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

joz123

Potato del Grande
Crisis Core has some good back story on Zack/Cloud, Sephiroth and Aerith. Can just watch the fmv's on youtube.

Chris

Potato del Grande
you didn't mention the Sephiroth clones.

Wasn't that final Sephiroth literally a different one?
No it's the real one, as far as we know. Sephrioth clones are Hojo's other experiments, I did briefly touch on it.

• 1Truth!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
After the E3 presentation, I am somewhat disappointed on the news they have shared. It's now 2(3?) games clocking in a 40+ hours each? How long will it be before all of it is released? A decade?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
After the E3 presentation, I am somewhat disappointed on the news they have shared. It's now 2(3?) games clocking in a 40+ hours each? How long will it be before all of it is released? A decade?

Nobody knows how many games it will be. Nobody knows how long each one is. Nobody knows how long it will take for the complete anthology to be released.

Any of those numbers you see "released" is pure conjecture.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I refuse to spend any money until they give us concrete release dates for follow up releases
They'll release 2 episodes, get bought by Valve, and then never release the third.

This is a plausible thing that could actually happen.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users