Final Fantasy VII Remake

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Stop oppressing trans culture shitlord - and if Barret wants to be white in this one that's his choice too!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
If it does kick off some sort of frenzy I vote for a super Mario RPG remake next
That game was fucking weird. They missed the mark big time on the overall theme of the game. Felt nothing like Matio and too much like Japanese RPG retarded nonsense

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Lunar: Silver Star Story is one of the most ported RPGs of all time. But the sequel was only on the Sega CD and PS1 to my knowledge. Loved those games though.

One of my favorite Action(ish) RPG series of all time is Valkyrie Profile. I loved those games. The old Tri-Ace just made damn good games.
I still have both games in their original boxes, the sequel came with like this necklace you could wear so naturally I wear it everytime i play it. Never did beat it.. maybe I should.

Last I looked the two games held some value on ebay.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Personally waiting to see tifa's rack in HD
Did nobody see Advent Children?

Tifa_Advent_Children.jpg

Solariss

Golden Squire
So basically no Honey Bee Inn
They've already confirmed that's still happening in every article that's published about the remake.

What I'm pissed about is the evident changes they'll be making to the combat system. Nomura said something about having these beautiful 3D character models and it would look weird if they were jumping in to attack then getting back in line and waiting, so look for changes there.

I really am not looking forward to Final Fantasy 15 due to the 'real-time' combat. I grew up with Final Fantasy games and enjoy the change of pace with the unique battle sequences and prefer ATB or turn-based for these types of games. I can play hack and slashes with pretty much any other combat title. I am hoping they don't change too much of the mechanics in the remake despite some people saying it's archaic and dated. I just don't understand that.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, FFX and XII were the best selling post VII games, so hopefully if they have to modify it that much, they'll look at 12 (I would rather they did X personally). Odd that Legend of Legaia actually solved the jumping in problem back in 98, as it is still turn based but your characters move around the field around the npcs as they fight, for a more realistic look. The grandia games did the same thing if I remember correctly. Still turn based, but you don't line up and leap across the screen.