Final Fantasy VII Remake

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I heard that Cloud and Aerith are voice-acted by people who have never voice acted before in a game

This seems incredibly common for Square and English voice actors. That plus their voice directors seem to make the result very cringy at times. If you look up voice actors for the JP and EN versions of their games, the JP actors have a history of being in like 100 diff anime series etc. and the English version will their first or maybe 2nd job. Combined with the fact they use the same english VA for multiple characters at times in the same game.

I know I'm a weeb, but the japanese audio, especially in this has been profoundly better when I compare the two. Especially when they seem to have a hard-on for making a pun out of every-fucking-thing in their games in english.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Removed the best thing from the game. Terrible.
Yeah the Wall Street song being changed really upset me, especially since so much of it is a 1 to 1 remake and Don Corneo's Mansion and Honey Bee Inn had the original music.

I have fond memories of being totally lost there twice with that music playing over and over. First on the crossdressing quest then later finding the entrance to the plate wreckage to get to Shinra Building.

Amir

Vyemm Raider
20 hours in. Currently at the train graveyard.
I love it so far.

Knowing liberties would be taken to change/update some of the story hasn't bothered me.

Having only played the original VII just months ago, this is very awesome. I can see why people were so hyped about this remake.

Cant make everyone happy. But I am, and if my opinion bothers you, you can eat my ass.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would it be cheaper for them to get unknowns to voice Cloud, knowing its the games central character? Only reason I can think of they wouldn't take someone tried and true.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Here we go boys!
20200412_144149.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Probably could have found an easier way to win but I did the first VR battle at level 18 and used all of my damn mega potions and half of my ethers. Great fight but damn the aggression in the final third was rough.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Probably could have found an easier way to win but I did the first VR battle at level 18 and used all of my damn mega potions and half of my ethers. Great fight but damn the aggression in the final third was rough.
Did you wait to take Aerith in?

• 1Blown
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Excuse me what the fuck

Edit: God dammit I just figured all VR battles would be Cloud only

Not going to lie, I looked on line and first thing I saw said "wait until Aerith rejoins party". Loaded up on magic D, gave Aerith elemental with ice in her armor linked materia, and went to town ezmode.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I also assumed all VR were solo. I did elemental Fire in the buster sword and would hit her with Fira every now and then when she didn’t have the ice orbs up until I could stagger her. In the end Ifrit showed up for the win.

These hand crane mini games with Aerith are the epitome of not fun. Also loving the noise they make where it sounds like my smoke detector battery is dead. Had to turn my volume off for the one with two hands because fuck that noise.

Malakriss

Hand cranes were simple to figure out just takes sooooo long for them to move. Chapter 14 is the last before the point of no return, right? Are you able to complete all the Battle Intels before then?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hand cranes were simple to figure out just takes sooooo long for them to move. Chapter 14 is the last before the point of no return, right? Are you able to complete all the Battle Intels before then?
Yes, but the 200% stagger is pretty hard.

Aerith has a weapon that that shoot a beam that increases stagger apparently. Tifa has one stop but it's in Shinra Building.

I didn't get Leviathan until New Game + and haven't tried the last one yet, though I've unlocked it.

Malakriss

Tifa's triangle attack increases stagger by 5% naturally but you had to wait til she returned to the party in Chapter 11. Used that and Aerith's beam on the 2nd boss from that chapter to complete it.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Aerith also feels broken good to use as the controlled character. Free heal from pray, the ranged attack and her atb seems to fill fast as hell.

The only thing I dislike about combat is basically whoever you control is the main tank and therefore targeted whenever you cast something when controlling them. The sewer sanghains at the end of the sewers just wrecked me for a bit because of that

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Aerith also feels broken good to use as the controlled character. Free heal from pray, the ranged attack and her atb seems to fill fast as hell.

The only thing I dislike about combat is basically whoever you control is the main tank and therefore targeted whenever you cast something when controlling them. The sewer sanghains at the end of the sewers just wrecked me for a bit because of that

That's the worst part about the combat system, I basically only play one character and the rest do next to nothing, they barely ever fill their ATB etc. Also since I need full ATB to use an ability or spell it's mostly attack spam followed by the odd spell here and there. The MP system was supposed to be how you balanced the power of magic attacks, now we have that on top of this shit ATB square spam.