Final Fantasy VII Remake

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Picked this up for PS5.. and I am hooked.. Game is so much better than I expected it would be and I'm loving the new combat system. Feels like I have so much practice ahead of me to really get the most out of it.
The only character you can get the most out of at the very beginning is Barrett. When he does his reload animation you can click the recharge button so it does both at the same time. That remains his sole “trick” throughout the game.

spronk

FPS noob
Played just the Yuffie DLC, took me about 6 hours to finish in normal mode. Its pretty lame, she is a dumb character and the entire DLC feels like a weird demo or something. Not worth playing at all really, the only thing I'd say is if you enjoyed the FF7 remaster I'd watch youtube vids of the final cutscenes and stuff, there is some cool (minor) stuff that seems like good bread crumbs for Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2. Mostly watching it made me realize how much more I like playing with Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith.

Visuals are fantastic though, running at 60 fps with great textures I'd almost be tempted to replay the base game but I'll just wait until the next part. I really do love the world of the game.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I am replaying 7R now and doing it properly, Tifa is carrying my team to total victories after watching some videos on some of her combos.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
ff7 uberboss.jpg

Yuffie uberboss down, every trophy obtained across FF7R and Yuffie's Revenge except one, the other uberboss. Trying to reclaim my 100% Platinum.

Protip: Elemental materia + Fire on armor to absorb fire damage makes this fight so much easier. It also helps with Bahamut+Ifrit. Unfortunately I brought Elemental+Lightning to help with Ramuh, and it did jack squat (his attacks don't count as lightning I guess). So do yourself a favor and bring Elemental+Fire for the uberboss gauntlets, especially in Yuffie game.

spronk

FPS noob
seems like FF7R is coming to PC via epic game store

VA for Aerith in cosplay

vzae9ff4su571.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I bought a cheap used PS4 copy of this, now that you can upgrade to 60fps on PS5. Only a couple hours in, but it's pretty cool so far. How much of the actual story is covered in this first 'chapter'?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Any without the chair and stupid Soylent Grin?
From her facebook, someone tried posting the full image gallery to reddit but it got taken down

197954292_253835689875063_1655430191307905055_n.jpg

196935048_253835579875074_6799433273826328645_n.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I bought a cheap used PS4 copy of this, now that you can upgrade to 60fps on PS5. Only a couple hours in, but it's pretty cool so far. How much of the actual story is covered in this first 'chapter'?
Just midgar. So, the first few hours of the original, but they expand on it a lot and add in new things, more story around the side characters, new stuff to explain why you’re playing through it a second time and why it’s different than the first time.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
What a great game.. finished the game and integrade on normal, farmed most of the random achievements.. started on hard mode now.. through the first 3 acts so far, pretty easy going.. i bet the airbender is going to be the first major hurdle.. we'll see!

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I recently replayed it also myself but haven’t done the dlc just yet. I’ll likely shelf it until they do some type of announcements on pt2.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What a great game.. finished the game and integrade on normal, farmed most of the random achievements.. started on hard mode now.. through the first 3 acts so far, pretty easy going.. i bet the airbender is going to be the first major hurdle.. we'll see!

The tough parts of Hard Mode are Hell House and Chapter 17/18. The stage select helps a lot, because you can do the easier ones first (unless you want to do it all in order).

First thing I did before starting Hard Mode was go to the beginning of...Ch16, I think? It might be 17. Whichever one starts you off running across grates outside Shinra Tower and then fighting a bunch of troops in the garage. Go through all of those battles until you get to the doorway to the tower, then restart the chapter. IIRC you don't even need to do this on Hard, the enemies give the same EXP/AP on Easy. You can very quickly get everyone Level 50 and maxed out materia by doing this for a couple hours, and you'll need all of that for Hard Mode's tougher fights. Especially HP Ups, Magic Ups, MP Ups. Once you've got enough maxed out, go back and resume Hard Mode.

Getting the Gotterdammerung from the Ch 17 uberboss also helps a ton with getting through the rest of Ch17 and 18. However the uberboss is the hardest fight in the game. So you're going through the hardest fight in the game in order to make the next four hardest fights in the top five a lot easier. YMMV. A lot of people just leave the uberboss for last.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There will be mods for 439489234923489934 dresses and skimpy outfits.

• 1Like