Final Fantasy VII Remake

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Surprised we don't have more Crisis Core discussion going on here. Are people spending time with their families or something?

I'm curious as to whether there's any new story in CC to tie in with the FF7R series. Particularly at the end, since they already rendered the end of CC pointless and moot...

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 446788
Smaller bust, no ab/hip definition, mannish shoulders..... ehhh. Hopefully this is just a bad angle. They also might see her as more of a kid in the Nibelheim flashbacks. I'm pretty sure she'll be back to normal in FF7R-2.
Mods through sideloading came out a couple days ago, of course one of the first things the simps did was remove the black cleavage blocker. I'm sure you'll get your sweater puppies back in a couple weeks.

tifa_mod_14-1671767392-1777399064.jpg

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
tifa-ff7-cowgirl-model.gif

Tifa-ffvii-field.png

Look at this SJW shit from 1997! Clearly breasts have been reduced for teen Tifa. Smaller and less sharp polygons.

How do I fap to this?

• 3Faggotry
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think people are fussing way too much over Teenage Tifa. I doubt Square-Enix changed her on purpose to be more "SJW", I think she just ended up that way. Her character model isn't very detailed, so she's likely one of the aspects of this remake that they went low-effort with and didn't spend a lot of time thinking about. And as was just posted, in the original game she didn't have giant mammaries yet either.

It's nothing worth a discussion.

In other news The Completionist did a video about Crisis Core Reunion that made me finally want to go get it. I'm taking two weeks off at the beginning of January and I'm probably going to go for 100% in this. Looks like a lot of fun.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Pfft, you can farm that snake if you grind a little.

I've played FF7 a number of times and I'm still not totally clear as to what the fuck is going on. Did one of the imperfect cell implanted things wreck that snake? Astral project telekinesis a tree through it's fucking face?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Pfft, you can farm that snake if you grind a little.

I've played FF7 a number of times and I'm still not totally clear as to what the fuck is going on. Did one of the imperfect cell implanted things wreck that snake? Astral project telekinesis a tree through it's fucking face?

I dunno man. I guess those were Sephiroth Clones walking around and one of them impaled the Zolom. The real Sephiroth was up in North Crater, controlling all the clones from there I guess.

I liked FF7's story a lot more the first time I played it, when I thought Cloud really was a former SOLDIER 1st Class and not just a mentally-ill cosplayer. And I also thought you were encountering the real Sephiroth throughout the game, not clones. I thought that one for years actually and I still kinda just pretend it's the real Sephiroth the whole time. Makes no difference to the plot and makes the character way more interesting.

As far as the Zolom goes, you can completely break FF7 at an early point using that fight. Grind outside Midgar until you're strong enough to survive a hit of Beta (over 2000 HP I think), put your characters in the back row and spam -ara spells or whatever, then when the Zolom is defeated and it does its Beta final attack, your character with E-Skill learns it. That attack is so ungodly powerful against mobs at that point in the game that you'll be able to one-shot pretty much all the random battles in Disc 1 as long as you have the MP to keep using it. The bosses will also be trivialized.

If you can get an Elemental materia before that (I think you can), pairing that with Fire materia on the E-Skill character will get you Beta at an even earlier level, without having to grind HP beforehand.

I think I did all of this a few years ago and have an FF7 file with a completely overpowered party right outside the Chocobo Ranch in case I want to play it again. I'll go check and see if I can get a picture of it.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
As far as the Zolom goes, you can completely break FF7 at an early point using that fight. Grind outside Midgar until you're strong enough to survive a hit of Beta (over 2000 HP I think)
What the fuck? That's overkill.

Give you characters Sadness status and they take 30% less damage.

You just poison it with a Malboro tentacle or something, there's a better way than this.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

You just poison it with a Malboro tentacle or something, there's a better way than this.

Damn it, where were you nerds when I was in high school. I too went the "grind until you don't get one-shot" route. I'm not sure if I had any tech at all.

Merrith

Even back then a lot of those strats for Zolom and getting Beta as an Enemy Skill were around. Really does trivialize the game, not that it is hard anyways.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Easiest way to get beta was to wait until Costa del sol because one of the houses has a fire absorb accessory in the basement.

Getting beta and aqualung early trivialized like the first half of that game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Wait what? Sephiroth was a bunch of clones?
The robed men are random people infused with Jenova cells, and the Sephiroth copies/clones you fight in the original are Jenova parts shapeshifting. His actual body is frozen up in the northern crater while he runs this pyramid scheme of eldritch imitations.

Remake muddies the details up a bit, but he's still mindfucking you through various avatars.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I was going by memory from probably 2-4 years ago when I did it.

Just checked my save file. Everyone's around level 24 with 900-1100 HP at the Chocobo Ranch. I equipped Elemental-Fire to armor on the person with E Skill to learn Beta and had everyone in the back row. Also had Bio 2 on a couple characters. Guessing I used that to get it poisoned (or items). And yeah, adding Sadness while also back row would help even more. But most importantly, doing this breaks the game so much that it probably isn't worth it. Beta one-shotting everything might seem like fun in theory, but it becomes completely boring very fast. Even if you stop using Beta, the fact that it's there waiting to be used the second a boss annoys you...just takes all the fun out of the battles. Eventually the enemies will catch up, but probably not until like Disc 2.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Easiest way to get beta was to wait until Costa del sol because one of the houses has a fire absorb accessory in the basement.

Getting beta and aqualung early trivialized like the first half of that game.

Beta, Aqualung, and Trine are like the 3 most ridiculous, game-breaking E-Skills for a long time. Fire, water, lightning. I think Magic Breath is the non-element version.

There are some real game-breaking skills in some of these FFs. Darkness in Crisis Core Reunion is another one, one-shots everything. Same in FFX-2, once you get Dark Knight dressphere and learn Darkness 3x you can mow any battle by just spamming it. Kinda ruins the gameplay after that.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The robed men are random people infused with Jenova cells, and the Sephiroth copies/clones you fight in the original are Jenova parts shapeshifting. His actual body is frozen up in the northern crater while he runs this pyramid scheme of eldritch imitations.

Jenova is basically John Carpenter's The Thing.

My favorite movie, yet I didn't realize any of this until like 2015.

• 1Pathetic