Final Fantasy VII Remake

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
When all is said and done they need to make it so you can play your own leveled characters the whole way through. Looks well done so far anyways.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
When all is said and done they need to make it so you can play your own leveled characters the whole way through. Looks well done so far anyways.
Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

They would have to make enemy levels above the max level from Remake and they have all new gear/weapons/materia anyway. That doesn't work on something that's episodic.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Video Game Donkey makes a great point about how FF7R-1 had SO MUCH GODDAMN SEPHIROTH.

Also the guys pointing guns at Sephiroth and then standing around while he slowly killed one of them at a time... the fuck was that?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Screenshot_20240305_224055_FF7EC.jpg

This is as far as I can get in the Ever Crisis phone game. Really wanted to check it out. Go past the title screen, start game, sits there loading indefinitely. On a modern top of the line Samsung with 5G. TF.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Chapter 10 the 3rd chocobo minigame i was struggling at the ending to clear with a perfect score, but evidently there's a crazy alternate strat that has you pull 2 U-turns and make your approach from a different height/angle.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So this is even better than Remake? I'm currently near the end(maybe? lol) of Remake after having put it off forever. Glad I picked it up, it's been a great ride revisiting the FF7 story.
Remake is about 20 hours long right?

I'm 40 hours into Rebirth and must be 2/3rds of the way through now at Cosmo Canyon. Have done 2/5ths of the side content that's unlocked.

• 1Slow
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am at 43 hours and just hit golden saucer. Fuck this game is big. 100% each region thus far though.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Merrith

Didn't mind so much Sephiroth in Part 1, b/c they were clearly dropping hints along the way that there was something different about this Sepiroth. Also given the expanded Midgar part, be a little weird to play a whole game thinking a power company is the big bad, only to find out "nope, this weird guy with a super long sword who we have to chase now actually is". OG it's only like 4 hours in you figure that out.

• 1NPC

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Rude Rude You can stop marooning everybody, this game is much closer to the OG FF7 than Remake was. Almost no Whisper Crap in comparison, very little Seph except where he actually appeared, and for the most part it follows the story fairly closely. Should give it a whirl.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Just finished the first golden saucer part and got the buggy. 100% everything so far (except some additional objectives like getting all 3 things for the elite fights), 40ish hours. The game is fantastic.

I think an e-mail communication that could have happened during the development of this game is

Square exec: Hi! Was just wondering how the development was going
Director: Great! We're doing mini games right now
Square exec: Well that's good. Mini games were part of the original. How many are working on them?
Director:
everyone GIF

• 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think it would be cool to see them interview the current devs who are realizing the Herculean efforts put into the original game using the tech they had at the time.

Malakriss

There are also so many towns and locations the graphics designers put months of work into, despite us only being there for a brief period of time and never going back. Music included for them all too. And at least 1 mini game per.

Max said it during one of his recent streams but how many of these mini games they designed could very easily be expanded and in prior decades would be "the card game" for the title. But we have a card game, and 2 dozen other things. But no fishing, I was surprised by that.

edit: I'm 78 hours on my save file, end of Chapter 10 heading to 11. The only extras I have not done yet are choco racing, 4x hard mode protorelics from cosmo, and the 5th piano song. Things I can put off til later and not waste hours on basically.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Reading your progress and thinking I'm a slow poke. I finally last night 100% the grasslands content (the original content anyhow - not sure if I will have to go back). In the caves now with Barrett and Red. Having a blast! This is a GOTY contender for sure.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Finished Remake last night, was planning on taking a few weeks away from FF before snagging this, but my resolve wont last past Saturday :p

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I just hit 45 hours. On Chapter 13 (of 14 maybe? IDK) and very close to the end of Disc 1. All six overworld areas are between 30-50% completed, decided I'd do a full 100% run on the second time around at some later date. So I'd say 40 hours to beat the game is very doable if someone only plays the main story and goes briskly. According to trophies 2% of players are this far.

Made sure to try to get all the summons (Odin is a rough fight, even with all of the datas found) before I go on to the endgame, and still spending some extra time on cards and whatnot just cause I don't want it over yet. Got Bahamut, but Odin murdered me. He's basically an uberboss.

It just me, or does the game heavily imply from the get-go that Cid might be Aerith's dad?

Weird how they completely moved the location of Temple of the Ancients.

• 1Slow

Malakriss

Got the 6th piano music and did it easy, put some time into the 5th and barely cleared A had more Goods than Misses and got close enough on Greats. But that unlocked a rapid fire 7th piece 256 notes in 100 seconds. Not going to work on that any time soon.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Reserve characters earn AP. I learn this in NIBELHEIM, the last open world zone.

I literally have half the AP I should have, I've been manually swapping materia.

I also only just found the window to quickly switch materia between characters. FML.

Malakriss

Backup characters still earn AP, whenever you do a story segment with a locked party the rest won't earn anything. When you have open party selection that gives full materia leveling. Same deal with the Kupo Charm for extra craft mats, you can stick that and a few other accessories on backup members and still get the effect.

AP Up is essentially using a slot to give a specific materia double rather than two materias earning, 1x2 instead of 2x1. The two slot triple AP bracelet makes it 2x3 and if you use AP Up 1x6 instead of spreading it across a six slotter earning 6x1. I have a 7 slotter out of a chest so not sure if it goes up to 8 at the end game.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I have a major peeve: Why does the game constantly slow things down during dramatic moments? So many dramatic moments get gutted because it switches control to the player and you have to walk Extremely Slowly towards a distant target. Happens at the beginning in Nibelheim, and a bunch of times towards the end. Didn't beat the game last night because I ran out of time and it kept slowing things to a crawl.

Final dungeon is like five hours long, legitimately. The one real obstacle to me replaying this is the massive dungeon length and how a lot of tedious things creep into them to slow you down. Like stopping to slowly absorb green energy sparks as Aerith after every fight gets super tedious super fast. Final dungeon really needed to stick the landing but it's like they're still throwing things in to unnecessarily slow the game way down. Starts feeling like they don't realize people have other things to do.