Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
And hopefully it will not be fugly on healers. (I don't like the nightgown that is the Eden chest piece.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kay

Golden Squire
I don't really like the second dungeon you unlock. The one in the woods that ends with the dancer/bard boss that's all green. Just something about it.
Late response but that place reminds me of the underwater bit in Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Something something along, at the bottom of the beautiful briiiiny sea... (Cheesy old movie that I swear everyone else dodged in childhood.) It is really out of place for the rest of the game, but meh, sorta fits where it came from I guess.

• 1Worf

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And hopefully it will not be fugly on healers. (I don't like the nightgown that is the Eden chest piece.)
Dude I am going to wear that trash bag with holes in it till the day I quit. Glamour plate incoming. It's the worst graphic I have ever seen in an mmo.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
It's never too late. Just ask Pharone Pharone . It'll take several months of solid play to get caught up on the story and into the current expansion. Once you're caught up you can gear up relatively quickly, though.
Yeah I finished patch 2.5 this weekend, so I am 16 quests away from starting Heavensward.

I got really burned out on the MSQ quest grind, and spent all Sunday just doing anything but MSQ quests lol. I got my alchemy from 24 up to 32, played some on my other classes.

I'll get back on the MSQ quest band wagon tonight though most likely.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Those last 25 quests before heavensward gets really good actually...it's where the FFXIV story gets real. It may have been spoiled for you over the years and the intro cinematic of heavensward, but in case it hasn't...dont watch the intro cinematic of heavensward.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Those last 25 quests before heavensward gets really good actually...it's where the FFXIV story gets real. It may have been spoiled for you over the years and the intro cinematic of heavensward, but in case it hasn't...dont watch the intro cinematic of heavensward.
Oh yeah definitely. The ending of 2.4 and then 2.5 were worth the grind through the post ARR content. I just got fatigued with the quest grind, but I am looking forward to seeing what transpires in these last 16 quests that make up 2.55 and lead in to Heavensward.

• 1Like

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh yeah definitely. The ending of 2.4 and then 2.5 were worth the grind through the post ARR content. I just got fatigued with the quest grind, but I am looking forward to seeing what transpires in these last 16 quests that make up 2.55 and lead in to Heavensward.
"...several cutscenes will play in sequence. It is recommended that you set aside sufficient time to view these scenes in their entirety."

^ Take that seriously when it pops up. For 2.55 I think it was around 60-90 minutes altogether?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
"...several cutscenes will play in sequence. It is recommended that you set aside sufficient time to view these scenes in their entirety."

^ Take that seriously when it pops up. For 2.55 I think it was around 60-90 minutes altogether?
Na it's like 45mins then another 15-20mins with a break between the 2 iirc. You can also go afk midway as long as you don't have autoscrolling(can turn it off).

Pharone

Trakanon Raider

Na it's like 45mins then another 15-20mins with a break between the 2 iirc. You can also go afk midway as long as you don't have autoscrolling(can turn it off).

/(0.0)\ ..... OH... MY... GOD

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Square came a long way from "500 years later" bullshit and actually tells a proper story in this game.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Theres nothing more heartbreaking than getting your BLM rotation interrupted by having to move from a boss mechanic, only to lose your enochian buff that had ~2 seconds left ;_;
I assume in that case you should just transpose right?

BLM is a lot more satisfying than dancer but damn i get sad anytime i have to move around lol

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah always umbral soul or transpose to save the enochian, you can swift+blizz3 or something AFTER to readjust but if you're at the oh shit point you'd never get that cast off before.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah always umbral soul or transpose to save the enochian, you can swift+blizz3 or something AFTER to readjust but if you're at the oh shit point you'd never get that cast off before.

Word, ill have to get use to that. I've only played my BLM for a few days now and im still not 80 yet lol

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I know people rave about ARR+ through stormblood but shadowbringers msq was enough for me. Felt like too much to be honest

• 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Theres nothing more heartbreaking than getting your BLM rotation interrupted by having to move from a boss mechanic, only to lose your enochian buff that had ~2 seconds left ;_;
I assume in that case you should just transpose right?

BLM is a lot more satisfying than dancer but damn i get sad anytime i have to move around lol
You can transpose, but you also shouldn't hesitate to swiftcast Fire I. If you're REALLY late with the swiftcast delay you won't make it, but if you're like 1.5-2secs left you can easily make it, and it way less disruptive than transpose, especially if you get lucky and proc a firestarter.

Also it's useful to know how hard stuff hits and to judge wether it's worth it actually moving. Sometimes standing in shit is fine if it's not gonna hurt too bad, put a shitty debuff on you or stress your healer in an already highly stressful situation.

You should also learn the timing for spells to finish casting even though you started moving already. About .3-.4s, sometimes less sometimes more depending on the length of the cast time and your ping, you can start moving and the spell will still fire. This let you reposition and start queuing another spell without actually losing any real time and is known as slide casting. You can adjust quite a lot with this technique, although if it's a big aoe, this won't do shit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You should also learn the timing for spells to finish casting even though you started moving already. About .3-.4s, sometimes less sometimes more depending on the length of the cast time and your ping, you can start moving and the spell will still fire. This let you reposition and start queuing another spell without actually losing any real time and is known as slide casting. You can adjust quite a lot with this technique, although if it's a big aoe, this won't do shit.

This. Learning how to master slide casting for any casting job is critical for getting to that higher tier of player. That and it feels really fucking good to do too. :p

• 1Like