Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
As a 52 Samurai, is there anything I should be spending my poetics on?

If you have a full set of level 50 Ironworks gear, then not really. Once you get to Idylshire in the Heavensward questline, there's a vendor there who sells level 60 "Shire" gear which you can then start buying in prep for hitting 60. Will last you until middle of Stormblood.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
If you have a full set of level 50 Ironworks gear, then not really. Once you get to Idylshire in the Heavensward questline, there's a vendor there who sells level 60 "Shire" gear which you can then start buying in prep for hitting 60. Will last you until middle of Stormblood.
I was running with the gear that they gave me when I created the Samurai because I didn't think I saw SAM gear in the Ironworks. I obviously just missed it. I'll go back and get the Ironworks gear. I've got a ton of poetics just sitting there from all the stuff I had to do to finish ARR, and I've never bought anything with it yet.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I was running with the gear that they gave me when I created the Samurai because I didn't think I saw SAM gear in the Ironworks. I obviously just missed it. I'll go back and get the Ironworks gear. I've got a ton of poetics just sitting there from all the stuff I had to do to finish ARR, and I've never bought anything with it yet.

buy a full set then you can upgrade it for 100 poetics more

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
SAM gear is just MNK gear, slaying. Buy the full gear and especially the weapon(you need 10 poetics token and 1 tomestone and then you trade these to the other woman standing next to the poetic vendor, you can double check the materials there first). You basically do that every 10 levels once you reach the next poetics vendors in Idylshire and Rhalgr's Reach, and you can buy gear for alts too. Other than that you can buy soils in Idylshire to sell for pitiful amounts of money, or you can just buy a bunch of relic weapon materials in advance or various cosmetic crap like minions, mounts and orchestrion rolls.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So is determination best or something else?
Generally crit > det is what you want for healers. Crit when possible, det otherwise. Spellspeed tends to be kinda bad because it doesn't affect your oGCD heals(aka most of your healing) and piety is only useful if you have mp issues, which currently you shouldn't have when playing properly. Direct hit might be worth it for savage on WHM if they don't nerf WHM, maybe, it's purely a DPS stat though so it'd be fairly limited cases situations.
Det is definitely better than crit right now, with possibly an exception for SCH if you find yourself casting Adlo a lot.

Is there a crit-rate calculator yet for this expansion?

Evey thing I've seen is from either last or 2 expansions ago.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Is there a crit-rate calculator yet for this expansion?

Evey thing I've seen is from either last or 2 expansions ago.

On healer meld Crit or Det depending on your preference, their so close it doesn't really matter. Feel free to meld DH too, but it's only going to be buffing your DPS output and nothing else.

For my money I'd say DET is worth it right now unless you're going to break a threshold by getting a little bit of extra crit.

• 1GreNeg
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So ordered a K400 Logitech Keyboard for this thing for when I play FF14 on my PS Pro. Yesterday was in the Manor dungeon (level 29-30 or so) and I got lost...

We killed a boss, and, where did everyone go? Turns out they returned to the beginning of the Manor by using return. Someone knew I was new and then waited for me. I wanted to say thanks but good luck doing that with a controller and trying to type. So whoever was in that group, sorry about that :p I'll be able to type from the couch tomorrow.

• 1Worf

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah that's the one time you have to use Return in a dungeon, ARR dungeons have some kinda weird shit going on. In a more modern dungeon you'd just click a teleport thing, but they never added one to that dungeon for whatever reason, even though literally everyone just return cause the run back is like 3mins. And yeah having a keyboard is probably a must if you want to communicate at all. You could probably make use of the autofill message thing though, type th then press... R2? L2? I forgot but there's a button, and it'll autofill and autotranslate too. Only pulls from a limited amount of sentences but also has game terms like places and skills, and it displays in whatever language the person is speaking, useful for EU and JP servers, NA not so much I guess.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally unlocked the hidden quest after completing the 4 Role Questlines. Definitely a lore bomb, although I think there might be some indirect ties to Eden story line eventually and potentially point towards a future destination for us maybe in next expansion.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Any good youtuber nerds with tank breakdowns in Shadowbringers? i swapped to my war/drk and like half the abilities dont exist anymore lol

This is my go to dude for tank talk. Tank stuff is generally his priority and he's more knowledgeable than most on the subject.

Course be aware a lot of things said in that video could be subject to change in around 8 more hours when Savage goes live. I'm hoping for some decent DRK changes at the very least.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Edit: stats off.

80 2-star: rlvl450 / 2140 craft minimum / 1990 control minimum / 4777 progress / 32753 quality

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This is my go to dude for tank talk. Tank stuff is generally his priority and he's more knowledgeable than most on the subject.

Course be aware a lot of things said in that video could be subject to change in around 8 more hours when Savage goes live. I'm hoping for some decent DRK changes at the very least.
Need a tldr. Video is so long

• 1Solidarity

Nola

Trakanon Raider

Yeah like Xeno suggested remove the resource cost of TBN, get rid of the healing requirement or lower it for Living Dead and make Dark Mind 20% damage reduction against all types of damage. Then I think Drk would be in a good place.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I doubt he suggested Dark Mind 20% to all types of damage, cause that'd be absurdly broken ass shit. I mean in comparison the 3rd cooldown other than the short one for other tanks are Thrill(20%hp and 20%more healing) and Camouflage(10% dmg reduction and 50% chance to parry), while Paladin has nothing. So making Dark Mind 20% all would be way out of line but 10% with some bonus like an additional 10% to magic would be in line with camouflage, or making it super strong for magic(30% like SB) would keep it unique, but also useless in a lot of cases.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
DRK already has the strongest self-mitigation tools out of all the tanks. We don't need buffs in that area but I mean, I'll take 'em lol

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I agree, I don't think TBN needs any buffs really, it's already by far the strongest part of DRKs kit.

My take on DRK is that it just doesn't deal enough damage. Blood and MP regeneration seem too sluggish to me personally. I thought there was going to be this interesting dichotomy between MP and blood on DRK, but it doesn't feel that interesting, and I almost feel like PLD did what it was trying to do, by dancing between a physical and magical rotation.

• 1GreNeg

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Looks like they salvaged AST and Scholars should be competitive with WHM for RDPS now. No tank changes which is nice if you don't play DRK.