Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Remelded my gear and updated several slots that were laughing so I'm 447 now with ideal stats. Decided to practice my rotation by doing Eden normal. Parsed 71% so I figure I'm doing it a bit right now. Obviously movement there isn't as much as savage, but at least I'm not grey.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just at a glance a few small things you can work on that will increase your dps quite a bit. 4 of your inner release windows only had 4 fel cleaves, and three didn't have an upheaval under the buff either. Make sure you get 5 fel cleaves + 1 upheaval + 1 onslaught under inner release. You had a lot of broken combos, for a melee of any type this is pretty big, get that muscle memory in on the dummy. Weaving seems fine and overall hitting your gcd so mechanically you're doing well, just shore up the few rotational issues above and should be parsing purple in no time. After that it'll just be uptime for movement mechanics that you'll learn over time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just at a glance a few small things you can work on that will increase your dps quite a bit. 4 of your inner release windows only had 4 fel cleaves, and three didn't have an upheaval under the buff either. Make sure you get 5 fel cleaves + 1 upheaval + 1 onslaught under inner release. You had a lot of broken combos, for a melee of any type this is pretty big, get that muscle memory in on the dummy. Weaving seems fine and overall hitting your gcd so mechanically you're doing well, just shore up the few rotational issues above and should be parsing purple in no time. After that it'll just be uptime for movement mechanics that you'll learn over time.
Yeah I am still not 100% hitting Upheaval's correctly outside of IR so I am not able to hit them during IR. That's something I'm working on. On the 4 fell cleave IR's, that's me popping IR too early.

Looks like I broke 8 combos. Better than my 21 last time!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I am still not 100% hitting Upheaval's correctly outside of IR so I am not able to hit them during IR. That's something I'm working on. On the 4 fell cleave IR's, that's me popping IR too early.

Looks like I broke 8 combos. Better than my 21 last time!
I think it's better to delay it if you fucked up alignement, to get it back into the IR window, rather than just use it out. If you see IR coming up in ~15secs and upheaval is up, hold it. Obviously better to keep it aligned.

And if you're missing Fel cleaves in IR windows that's a big loss. Make sure you use IR in the 2nd half of the GCD. It feels a bit weird at first but once you're used to it, it's much easier to fit stuff into small windows if you delay the oGCDs a bit. Don't do it too late though or you'll clip, but something like between half and 2/3 of the GCD is good, alternatively to make it easier to time you can double weave with something else first, but it feels like a waste if there's nothing up specifically for it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah sometimes I rush IR without paying attention to my GCD. Just a habit I need to adhere to. Very used to wow and not ffxiv combat.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Just came back to play this.. I have to admit I have a ton of abilities on both my Monk and Bard that I have no clue what I'm doing.. LOL.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Orr..... You can buy them on the marketboard 10k at a time

I'm currently leveling up all craft jobs, so I do a lot of this. Since I craft one of everything for the bonus exp, I sell almost all of it on the MB. Watch what sells for a lot and craft a few more to stick up. I did this with some eye glasses, jewelry, and a few random pieces of furniture, and I have plenty of Gil. Earned almost 2m I think so far, and my crafters are all early 40s.

Retainers are a great source too. Can get 60 shards a run at a certain point early on, so I just keep them running as much as possible.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm currently leveling up all craft jobs, so I do a lot of this. Since I craft one of everything for the bonus exp, I sell almost all of it on the MB. Watch what sells for a lot and craft a few more to stick up. I did this with some eye glasses, jewelry, and a few random pieces of furniture, and I have plenty of Gil. Earned almost 2m I think so far, and my crafters are all early 40s.

Retainers are a great source too. Can get 60 shards a run at a certain point early on, so I just keep them running as much as possible.
There is a really long video somewhere of someone showing their progress on a blank new character(using story progress skip to unlock stuff) when lvling crafters only, and making like 20m in the process of hitting 70(was done during SB). Basically does daillies, beast tribes, crafts stuff that sells a bit, reinvest money into gear and just self sustain the entire way. And a lot of the low lvl stuff is still worth good money, just not like, combat gear generally unless it has a unique appearance, but glamour stuff, furniture, components for endgame crafts(Natron and Varnish for example) and even crafting/gathering leveling gear will sell for a nice profit and will pay for the shards you need while lvling.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you're not a crafter, what are some good gil making activities? I assume you could play the market board pretty hard here but I'm not sure I want to

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If not a crafter, gatherer lol

Outside of that, your options are kind of limited

1) Play the retainer venture lotto and hope you get some rare items that sell well.
2) If you're savvy, play the market board. However, this is a much bigger risk now that there is world visit.
3) Resell vendor items on MB for a profit (SE added tooltips to items that say if it was vendor bought, so not as viable anymore)
4) sell materia you get
5) sell crystals you get
6) treasure maps (although kinda hard to get the maps w/o a gatherer. you could buy a map off MB and try to turn a profit on what you get from it)
7) sell rare drops from savage trials (ie, the stuff you can use to craft rare items like the Sophia weapons, etc)

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Just came back to play this.. I have to admit I have a ton of abilities on both my Monk and Bard that I have no clue what I'm doing.. LOL.
I know what you mean. Every time I switch between my main job and one I have not played in a while, I am completely lost. The nice thing is that I have found a ton of useful videos on youtube that help as a refresher. Some abilities will be out of date due to patches, but it helps to get the feel for what you should be doing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Maps are good if you don't want to do the whole gathering/crafting. They tend to lose value as the patches go but start strong(still are pretty good atm). Farming materias is also good early on, again loses value over time and unlike maps which get new stuff every few patches, materias go to the shitter after a few patches, but for now it should still be decent to do leveling roulette as a tank when tank is in need and sell the VIII and 2x VII you get from that. FATE spamming was also good for a while but don't think it's very worth it anymore, it's free money when lvling alts though.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Expansion and patch cycles are the bread and butter of making money. You have 1-3 days every savage patch tier where prices will drastically jump and a lesser opportunity in odd patches depending on what gets added (sounds like 5.1 has some major craft/gather changes though). I made 70m selling combat materia acquired from hunts and more dedicated people probably made 3x times that from having more clusters.

Craft materia is in a weird spot, if you went after sales in the first two weeks of the expansion you made a ton of money and then certainly Control VIIs sold for savage. But the problem is you can literally print them this xpac via ALC syrups and BSM/ARM tools. Traditionally, we only get a left side upgrade for craft/gather gear for X.1 patches but I have no idea if they are sticking to that with the ishgard restoration. So it might be limited profitability or insane level, wait and find out. Honestly I'm at 300+ control VIIs and will wait for a good tool to star before I grind out VIIIs and prep for it either way.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I meant combat materias since I was talking about the roulette. These seems to still sell decently well on my server(crit VIII was still around 100k when I checked a few days ago). It's not super good but it's fairly consistent and easy money you can get without any investment if you play a tank or healer. Hunts are a good way to get them too though forgot about that. Honestly if you want to make money, it's not super hard if you put some effort into it. If you don't, you'll still make money running ventures everyday and if you can lvl a gatherer to 75+ you can get a bunch more from doing customs every week and gathering a map everyday.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
With hunts I just have clusters/nuts I can trade in for combat 7's and 8's for days, although price has dropped since savage patch first dropped. I'd kill for 100k for combat 8's still. Boggles my mind that people pay so much for combat materias when both SB and ShB they hand them out for free like candy if you do certain activities. Just doing hunts I'll have enough 8's for the entire expansion with ease and a ton of extra to sell for pure profit.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
For people who don't want too deal with the hunts, it's kinda funny I made tons of money from redoing them over and over, and selling off the materias I was never gonna use.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Checked prices and they did go down but it's still 70k for VIIIs and 20k for VIIs, so that leveling roulette is still 110k a run, a fair amount for ~20mins of doing shit dungeons. Can go much faster doing hunts though. Obviously, server specific but still good money.