Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Gotta run those to cap phantasmagoria anyways. Speaking of which, is running the experts the most efficient way to cap??

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maps or hunts will cap you the fastest. Honestly I capped off 15 straight S rank kills on tuesday.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah you can cap faster doing hunts, that said you can cap lazily by just doing expert like 5times or whatever(so once a day for 5 days). That's generally what I do since I haven't bothered hunting.

Cybsled

If it was like Vex Thal, then you'd have to clear 400 trash mobs before talking to a quest NPC.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
If you're not a crafter, what are some good gil making activities? I assume you could play the market board pretty hard here but I'm not sure I want to

I made my first 50m doing deep runs of palace of the dead in groups (aiming to clear floor 200 w occasional wipes at 180+), and throughout sb made at least 100m from potd + hoh deepruns combined. I got a bit luckier than average, but gf came to all of these and she made at least 75m.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I made my first 50m doing deep runs of palace of the dead in groups (aiming to clear floor 200 w occasional wipes at 180+), and throughout sb made at least 100m from potd + hoh deepruns combined. I got a bit luckier than average, but gf came to all of these and she made at least 75m.
Do the deepruns drop shit or?

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I was streaming a few weeks ago and people were going nuts about my strange HUD. I have limited mobility in my left hand so I needed to work out a mouse alternative for the bulk of my skills. I have changed it a bit since then and made it so my buttons past 4 now are on alt mouse [x] which made it easier.

Always looking to improve it though.

myhud.jpg

(here's what my HUD looks like without massive text boxes)
ffxivhuddnc.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ever since I got a Razer Naga everything is just 1 through 12 and shift alt and Ctrl added in.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Do the deepruns drop shit or?
Only valuable stuff is in the floors people don't do for lvling, like 100+ for potd, but it's very lucrative if you do, however you kinda want a static party for that, unless you're going for the solo achievements challenges then you'll get gear but that should be seen more as a side reward for that insane grind rather than the other way.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I was streaming a few weeks ago and people were going nuts about my strange HUD. I have limited mobility in my left hand so I needed to work out a mouse alternative for the bulk of my skills. I have changed it a bit since then and made it so my buttons past 4 now are on alt mouse [x] which made it easier.

Always looking to improve it though.

View attachment 218559

(here's what my HUD looks like without massive text boxes)
What mouse is that?

Merrith

Yeah you can cap faster doing hunts, that said you can cap lazily by just doing expert like 5times or whatever(so once a day for 5 days). That's generally what I do since I haven't bothered hunting.

Not sure how hunts go for everyone, but on our datacenter for A trains or ShB S, nothing lazier than just swapping to your tank class and hitting your ranged threat gen over and over for a bit for easy 100% credit while 100+ people kill the mob. Far less effort for me than having to run 5 experts with potential terribads.

Malakriss

S ranks and A ranks don't require any unlocks, simply show up group up and get credit. They differ from normal enemies in that credit is entirely aggro based, so spamming AE heals even when the party is full health still generates more aggro credit. A ranks will auto respawn every couple of hours, S ranks take days to respawn and require specific conditions to happen before they show up. **For level 80 shadowbringer hunts if 200+ people are there it's generally desired to have one or two tanks in the party to guarantee full aggro credit**

Allied seals (ARR), Centurio seals (ARR/HW/SB), and sacks of Nuts (SHB) are the currency unique to hunts. The Allied seal vendor is at your GC headquarters, Centurio main vendor is Forgotten Knight in ishgard but there is a secondary one for stormblood at Rhalgr's Reach. Nuts are only used for materia right now at Crystharium (rookery aether) but starting in 5.1 they should be used to get the Deepshadow augment items which currently drop in savage. This is why odd patches are called catch-up because even non-raiders will be able to upgrade i460 tome gear to i470 if they wait 3 months. (Semi-related note, first weekly clear of the 24-man alliance raid will also yield a token to turn in for a Deepshadow augment). The clusters (50% drop off A's / 100% drop off S) can be turned in at the materia vendor in the Crystharium market or Eulmore.

There is a separate "hunt" system called mark bills unlocked / picked up at the same locations. Basically daily quests to kill normal enemies around the world for experience rewards (read: alt leveling) and a tiny amount of hunt currency.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
nvm, I got confused by a hunt mob Called ‘O poorest pauldia’ and I thought the O was it’s rank, it’s an A rank

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
What mouse is that?

Corsair m95, but it looks like it's not made anymore :( Been looking at this as a replacement if it ever breaks:

I've never been a huge fan of the block of button mmo mice, I like it to somewhat fit around the thumb in a circle of possible.