Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Tol_sl

shitlord
Any idea if this is going to be released on steam? I'm thinking of just snagging it on amazon for $26, but I really like having all my downloads in one place because I'm OCD like that.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
THat thread is interesting, it actually says the buffs are very good, but people seem to be upset they can't just play them forever. Also the range is supposedly low. I dunno, will have to see, most of it seemed to be 2 people upset that it wasn't the same bard from previous versions.

I do find it weird the TP regen effects the bard but the mana regen doesn't. Obviously it could just be to make sure a bard can't sit and play the mana regen song forever. In the end though I don't think you were meant to play forever. It seemed more to me, you use them when the party needed and in intervals. The only issue I could see being having to choose between TP or mana. Since playing one is going to drain you and you will have to wait for mana.

I'm not sure where the concerns for THM are coming from. Don't they have to have the ice buff to have the amazing regen(cant use fire spells while its up otherwise it cancels it)? So if you had a mana song, the thm could stay in fire buff for longer doing more dps.

Will be interesting to see how it turns out. With the songs actually being really good(30% TP regen and "The refresh on ballad is 6% max MP restore per 3 seconds to everyone" with the 6% MP being the receiver not the bard , for mana regen). Range and mana drain are pretty easy to balance out and tweak.

Still sounds pretty damn good to me in a party of 8.
Yeah as I said the hard numbers and shit came later in the thread, I had read the thread I think it was on saturday after I was done playing and there was this thread and another that were bitching and crying about the bard state, so my impression based on that was that the class was getting fucked. The numbers seem a little better and the explanation as to why a guy out of combat couldn't sustain the mp song makes a lot more sense from a balance perspective so it's mostly 1.0 players crying about OP shit not being as OP anymore.

On the THM though, I doubt it'll have shit for impact. While in fire stance your fire spells cost like 20% of your total mana and I doubt it ever becomes cheap. On the other hand the ice stance is like super retarded at regen and fills your entire mana bar in less than 10secs(and you're still doing dmg with frost spells, just less than fire). I don't think the MP song will have any noticeable effect on THM, however it seems it'll be a great tool for WHMs who kinda have shit for mp regen, just a 3mins cooldown that gives some mp regen over time but not sure how it works. Maybe for ACN too, or maybe ACN will have a mp regen tool shared with WHM to fix that problem, guess we'll see about that.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Going back up this weekend (not a surprise, but it's official):

Dates and Times
June 28, 2013 (Friday), 2:00 a.m. to June 30 (Sunday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Probably a good thing I'm out of town this weekend then. Basically 35 and have done all the dungeons, no reason to burn out before it even releases.

Syia_sl

shitlord
After I finish the last 2 levels on monk, I'm going to level up something from 15 as well. I'd be more than happy to dungeon/fate/hunting log with other people looking to check out the other classes. Does anyone have an opinion on lancer gameplay? I typically play melee DPS/tank so I'm deciding between DRG/MNK/WAR for launch.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I enjoy it, I just question its longevity. One of the things that FFXI had going for it was it took forever to level and by the time NA's got to endgame there was quite a bit to do.

I'm eagerly awaiting for them to open the beta up to full-week play as I'm very busy on weekends.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
It has at least a couple months in it. Whether it's worth it beyond that remains to be seen. I'm a bit concerned that they're anywhere near done with the end game.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Anyone have an extra key? I have nothing to offer but thanks, or maybe some PL/Gold on D3 if you want. My pre-order is in, would love to check it out!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I like it. I think the sum is better then it's part. None of its system are great, but still the game manage to be enjoyable.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
I like it.I think the sum is better then it's parts.None of its system are great, but still the game manage to be enjoyable.
Yea, that's the best way to put it. The guy in charge of the game also seems like he gets it. A shame he wasn't in charge from the start instead of having to resurrect one of the biggest steaming piles this industry has ever seen (and this industry has seen a lot).

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yea, that's the best way to put it. The guy in charge of the game also seems like he gets it. A shame he wasn't in charge from the start instead of having to resurrect one of the biggest steaming piles this industry has ever seen (and this industry has seen a lot).
I don't know... I don't think SqEnix would have let him make the decisions he has made regarding game play/etc if the game didn't fail horribly first.

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
I would love a key too if anyone has one lying around. I just have IPTorrent invites, so like the poster above nothing to offer lol.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I like it. I think the sum is better then it's part. None of its system are great, but still the game manage to be enjoyable.
Pretty much how I feel too. I dislike a number of their game-system design decisions, but I like the world design (i.e. I am a graphics whore of the highest order) and grouping is fun enough that I'm still leaning towards pre-ordering. If they hadn't fucked up my Arcanist plans by not putting it in the game until release day (at the earliest) then I probably would have pre-ordered already. As it is, I'm pretty irritated about that, and skeptical of how well the class will be balanced without any serious testing done by the community. Having to work on CNJ and THM during phase 4 instead of my actual class sucks, and I'm concerned about the tedium of leveling a third class after using up the main story quests and a decent chunk of sidequests going from 1-26 (THM) and at least 1-15 (CNJ) before release day.

That said, if I had to solo more than the absolute bare minimum I probably would not bother at all. I have a guaranteed duo though, and hopefully a full group lined up before it starts for real.