Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I dunno, after reading all that it sounds like you paid for someone to carry you through some ERP (Savage) and didn't even get loot from it. I mean, they didn't even drop anything.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, sounds like money well spent to me. I gotta hand it to some RPers that really get into that shit.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Reminds me of those mid 2000s Law and Order SVU episodes about how the internet is allowing all kinds of freaky stuff often with real $$$ involved. Congrats you're now a statistic!

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jesus. I’ll continue living in my little world of savage raids and fflogs. I’d say much of the game is not for everyone

Cybsled

Of note:

T-ONO: So with regards to the compacting of ARR, how will that affect the expansion? Would it just be ARR or would it include all of the expansion?

IN: With making the story more compact, it will primarily affect ARR story, but we do not have any intention of rewriting the story at all. What we’re trying to do is shave off some of the excess. If there are areas that a player is not required to go, we would shave it off, so it’s more streamlined.

Please be assured that there won’t be a case where a character is supposed to make an appearance be written out of the story. It will still make sense.

It also applies to patches 2.1 to 2.5 with the end of A Realm Reborn. People are eager to get into Ishgard as quickly as possible, and there are several quests that require players to go elsewhere before entering the narrative of Heavensward.

We’re revisiting some of those quest lines to make it more streamlined.

From this, I imagine they will probably end up cutting most of the "go here, pray return to the walking sands" fluff quests.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wonder how much time would be saved if minfillia teleported you back to the waking sands
That's not really needed tbh, a lot of quests you literally don't have to go back there for the story, so they can just use the goddamn linkpearls like they were supposed to be used and be done with that. They might also move the other characters out rather than force you to go. Like you know maybe Minfillia goes out and check stuff by herself instead of staying there. Honestly it's not really complicated to trim a good bit of it, some guy made a list on reddit a few months ago of all the quests and if they could be removed entirely, partially or not at all, depending on wether they had any impact on the story, and a lot is literally pointless shit.

Malakriss

Honestly if they do get the "more compact ARR patch story" in by 5.3 or 5.4 that would give people plenty of time to play through without a skip leading up to 6.0. But then again gamers are lazy and ones who haven't played 14 already are probably not going to do 4 expansions worth of story.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
That's not really needed tbh, a lot of quests you literally don't have to go back there for the story, so they can just use the goddamn linkpearls like they were supposed to be used and be done with that. They might also move the other characters out rather than force you to go. Like you know maybe Minfillia goes out and check stuff by herself instead of staying there. Honestly it's not really complicated to trim a good bit of it, some guy made a list on reddit a few months ago of all the quests and if they could be removed entirely, partially or not at all, depending on wether they had any impact on the story, and a lot is literally pointless shit.

I'm just thinking of the quickest and laziest way to fix it from a coding sense would be to use teleport windows.

I liked quests in swtor because you had a fucking cellphone and just took quests that way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
ffxiv_09012019_201508_201.png

Malakriss

I've made more money than you have by simply handing in the syrups for materia. Plus i have all that materia.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
We are consistently getting to phase 2 now so I think we made good progress.
What data center are you on? If you need a healer to help out on primal lemme know. I try to do that fight more than once a week so I don’t get too stale by reset

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I have an account on the PS4 - but remember this is cross play w/PC.

Daidraco Rahl - Coeurl
I totally forgot about crossplay integration. I was looking for tips to setup the PS4, but I’m not sure there’s much you can do apparently outside of the default options which is severely hurting my ability to really get into this game. Still trying though. Good so far, if tedious. By far the best on the market I’ve played so far and I’ve tried damn near all of them recently.