Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

Live letter in about 20 minutes

edit: October 29 is 5.1 patch date. Alexander Ultimate, Hades Extreme.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems there's a lot of BLU mage changes, with more content for them(achievement farming it seemed like, which requires full BLU parties with no unsyncing no echo). Might last a bit longer than before, it comes with a bunch of skill changes so I hope they reworked it a bit so you can have better tank/healer stuff instead of basically being 1-2abilities each.

Ninja changes looking good, so far what I got was, Ninjutsus are on the GCD now(so less of an issue with clipping, you just hit them, .5s for mudras, 1.5s for ninjutsu so a basic Raiton is 2.5s like a standard weaponskill, values got buffed too to compensate), you have 2 charges too(in case you fuck up your timing a bit, you don't have TA drifting), the DoT is not part of the combo chains anymore and can be applied mid combo(they showed 12 combo > TA > Shadow Fang > Aeolian), Ten Chi Jin now doesn't require spamming Ninjutsu between each move and simply cast every mudra right away(this is how it should have been ever since they added it), Bunshin is now per weaponskill, instead of a set duration, so you don't waste a bunch with the new on GCD ninjutsus, TA doesn't require directional anymore, nerfed to 5% for 15s instead of 10/10.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Now starting talking about the crafting changes, he's missing like 3/4 of his abilities so it seems they reworked a shit ton of stuff, hope it's not oversimplified. Well they didn't say much I guess, and they said it's only first part more changes coming in 5.2. The new crafting tree and material list is nice but not sure how efficient it'll be compared to using a 3rd party still. And desynth won't have a chance to fail anymore, but it seems otherwise it's the same thing still, not sure if it'll require to be leveled still or if it's just like removing materias where anyone can do it at any point. I guess keeping the levels would restrict what people can desynth which would add a bit of choice, but on the flipside it still makes some of the desynth complete garbage(like alch). Glad I didn't spend any money on leveling desynth this expansion though.

Last edited:

Cybsled

There was like a dozen icons not greyed out. I hope they didn't gut crafting THAT much. That seems like a complete lobotomy of crafting on its surface.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not liking the sound of the crafting changes. While I do think they could trim a good bit, that sounds like overkill. Shit was already stupidly easy.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't seen the changes, but about 2/3rd of the abilities in crafting are almost never used, so I don't think removing them would really be considered gutting crafting at this point.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I haven't seen the changes, but about 2/3rd of the abilities in crafting are almost never used, so I don't think removing them would really be considered gutting crafting at this point.
Well it's yes and no, while they're ALMOST never used, once in a while you use one of them to do different things, especially on harder crafts once CP becomes an issue you can downgrade or play with lower tier versions for only a few moves or whatever. It seems all of that is kinda going away, plus a bunch of other stuff. We'll see the complete list though, they didn't show the "new" skills, and it's possible a lot of the skills removed were just changed to a slightly different version that also scales so it's not much of a concern. We'll see but I expect a lot of the depth to be gone just so people have an easier time with it.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Crafting could have 2 buttons or 200 buttons it doesn't matter because I just put the item in the Solver website and it spits out a 100% HQ macro for one/two button presses.

I can tell you I have never once manually crafted an item

• 2Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean if you're kitted out in the correct gear w/ the correct materia and the correct buffs - the shit is stupid easy no matter what to HQ an item starting at around level 40+. I personally think it should be more difficult to craft a HQ item. Or at least have more than just two tiers of quality and have each progressively more difficult to get. Just an additional level like Basic > High Quality > Pristine, would go a long ways in putting some life back into crafting. Regardless, changes to crafting that make the system more difficult, or luck based, need to start at recipes that have yet to come out.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
If NQ items had a use then I would agree.

But if you don't HQ a food or potion just throw it in the trash it's basically failing a combined.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If NQ items had a use then I would agree.

But if you don't HQ a food or potion just throw it in the trash it's basically failing a combined.
To be fair, they could rework the system to account for that. Let's say we take a 3 quality system, for 1-75% quality you get NQ, 76-99% HQ, 100% Pristine. Then you make the NQ actually not terrible, and HQ also good and Pristine not necessary but like more convenient. Examples:

For cosmetics, NQ is just the base cosmetic but undyable and untradeable, HQ is undyable tradeable, Pristine is dyable and tradeable. Cosmetics can desynth back to their rare base cost items when not bound only(when bound they desynth into random shit), so you can retry if you fuck it up, although you lose crystals and all the common materials.

For actual gear with stats, NQ is the current HQ stats, but with no overmelding, so it's useable but not great nor better than equal ilvl gear. HQ is overmeldable. Pristine is overmeldable but has one more guaranteed meld slot.

For consumables, instead of the current system, just make all food/pots the max value. Quality only affects output. NQ is 1, HQ is 2, Pristine is 4. For food instead you could scale the duration and always get the same amount, whichever.

Current items that don't have quality could use the same system, like dyes and furniture, get pristine to get more of them if you want. Wouldn't be worth it for dyes but for furniture with expensive mats it'd be nice.

Then make Pristine basically impossible to macro by requiring really high values that you can only get by fishing for procs and what not. Rescale desynth like I said so you can try again at a low cost loss if you fuck up(still takes a long time since it's a manual craft, so it balances out like that).

It'd be rewarding for people who like crafting, and useable by people who just macro(getting a 51% guaranteed macro wouldn't be too hard). Also makes HQ mats more valuable if you can hit Pristine more easily with them when it's hard to do normally(in fact it should be balanced around HQ mats).

Mind you I highly doubt they'd go for such a system, since they tend to not really want overly complex or hard stuff in their games besides Ultimate. I think at the end of the day they're gonna simplify crafting a shit ton and make it pretty boring but accessible to more people, not as bad as WoW 1click to craft system but still a lot easier.

Cybsled

They probably wouldn't do that because it would essentially require making 2/3 separate items in their database and that would be a lot of work to go back and change stuff. Even if you did it on a go-forward basis, it would make things too overly complex. I can't just buy a chair, it has to be chair+ if I want to dye it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well the cosmetics one was just a random idea, they could leave it like it is currently fine too, it's not like HQing lvl 1 clothes for glamour does anything and furniture can't be HQed currently so no change necessary there.

The consumables change would actually reduce the amount of items in the database(all HQs stop existing since you always get the same consumables, just different amounts), on the combat gear, it does add one variation to every piece, but assuming their item database isn't complete shit, it's basically copy pasting but adding one socket and adding a new icon to represent pristine in the market(like the HQ icon, but different, hell can just make the same icon but gold, literally 30secs). Then make all NQ gear copy pasted HQ but change the overmelding tag to no. Potentially they could rework their entire database for items this way, by needing only one item base per item, and then applying modifiers depending on the NQ/HQ/Pristine tag on them(overmelding no, overmelding yes, overmelding yes and +1socket). Currently every item has 2 entries I assume for the NQ and HQ.

Anyway was just saying you can rework the crafting system to make it rewarding to actually craft stuff properly, but as I said unlikely they'll bother with something that complex that also requires people being more involved into the crafting process.

Cybsled

There would still be cascade effects. For instance, you change consumables. Now you have to change all quests and leves that require HQ/give bonuses for HQ. Alchemy and culinarian suddenly become harder to level, and the large influx of consumables devalues the individual consumable. It also throws raw materials out of whack, because with enough skill you can HQ with NQ ingredients.

The armor changes would also completely change the game and the economy. Now NQ and HQ becomes "useless" and is vendor/desynth trash, whereas you could use it as an effective bridge until you got a HQ/Pristine replacement. Plus it still comes back to the double/tripling the database load. Considering all the database issues they already have, I doubt they would want to head down that road, especially since they seem to want to be simplifying certain systems

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Thinking about starting this up again. Is everyone on different servers or is there a group of folks on a single server?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Thinking about starting this up again. Is everyone on different servers or is there a group of folks on a single server?

Just need to be on Same Data Center's now the cross server stuff is fucking awesome..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user