Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you're a real man you cast Jaws so late the debuffs actually drop on the UI before they're refreshed.

But yeah that's really the main "issue" with the dots stuff, for max efficiency you need to use it on the very last GCD you can, and if you forget(like say you get a refulgent proc and press it by habit cause it lit up) you lose a shit ton of damage. So you always have to remember to hit it at the right time. Meanwhile you also have to keep track of your song duration left so you change songs right as it's over, and you have to look for the procs. Oh and Bloodletter not being charge based is fucking retarded. You waste so many procs depending on RNG, no idea why they didn't change it when they changed so many other skills to charges.

Overall I just hate how the class plays. I liked that you had a ton of support options in SB but they cut a bunch of these so it's kinda meh now. But yeah I think BRD's my least favorite DPS, along with RDM, but RDM it's more like because I find it incredibly boring to play. I don't mind DNC boringness but RDM ugh. I guess it doesn't help I had to RDM so much in Eureka when I already didn't like it. BRD, RDM and AST is the shit I don't look forward to leveling. And DRK when I have to do lvling roulettes and get under 70 content, it fucking sucks so much before TBN.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just feel like you have to watch a lot less things than you did in SB for BRD in ShB and it's nice. I do love it when I pull off that debuffs actually dropping on the UI but they get refreshed anyways, although I try to do it one global prior every time. Once you get into a a good spot with it, seems second nature to have the songs going. Sound effects also help you notice procs.

Merrith

Expert crafting is fun. Macrocrafters can get fucked.

While I can understand not wanting to let macro crafters be able to dominate the leaderboards for the Ishgard Restoration turn ins, don't see a problem with macro crafting in general. Especially when the only reliable way to meld out materia for crafting/gathering requires you to grind as many scrips as it does.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Why the fuck would you not crank out macros like a champ? Do you love getting RSI in your hands and wrists that much?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I really want to use my fantasia on swapping to Hrothgar, but I'm waiting for Shadowbringers to go on sale. Seems crazy to spend $40 on a 7 month old expansion.

Malakriss

This isn't WoW, relics are still coming as well as another ultimate in 3 months + raid tier in 6 months.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I really want to use my fantasia on swapping to Hrothgar, but I'm waiting for Shadowbringers to go on sale. Seems crazy to spend $40 on a 7 month old expansion.
If you're not on steam you can check for physical versions and stuff. Looking at Amazon.fr it's 18euros atm for the PC disc version. But yeah the digital never goes down, just sales every now and then. And the steam version is the same but with less sales.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This isn't WoW, relics are still coming as well as another ultimate in 3 months + raid tier in 6 months.

How long are their expansion cycles, typically? If this thing still has legs for another year or so, I'll probably just bite the bullet.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How long are their expansion cycles, typically? If this thing still has legs for another year or so, I'll probably just bite the bullet.
Next expansion is around summer 2021, so over a year, although the final content patch should be around april. We're basically about in the middle of the current expansion.

Sales could be around the corner though, so might be worth waiting if you have something else to play.

Could also try your hand with grey key resellers like G2A and shit, can generally find it for sales price there, but no guarantee you get an actual working key though since it's just a marketplace.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Next expansion is around summer 2021, so over a year, although the final content patch should be around april. We're basically about in the middle of the current expansion.

Sales could be around the corner though, so might be worth waiting if you have something else to play.

Could also try your hand with grey key resellers like G2A and shit, can generally find it for sales price there, but no guarantee you get an actual working key though since it's just a marketplace.

Honestly, I'm not even into Shadowbringers content yet. I'm just about ready to wrap up the first(I think?)part of the MSQ in ARR.
Just defeated Garuda, so I might be really fucking far away still?

I just want Hrothgar available for fantasia when I get it.

Cybsled

Buying Shadowbringers gives you all the xpacs though, doesn't it? Unless you already own Heavensward and Stormblood

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, I'm not even into Shadowbringers content yet. I'm just about ready to wrap up the first(I think?)part of the MSQ in ARR.

I wouldn't worry about Shadowbringers till you start Stormblood at least, most of the stuff for it is pretty much right after SB(And you got a "long" way till you even start Heavensward)

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
as Cybsled said, pretty sure buying Shadowbringers unlocks the previous expansions. The biggest hurdles of boredom in the MSQ are around Ifrit/Titan and then again post 2.0 ARR until the last 20 quests before Heavensward. After that the questing is MUCH better.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

If you have the other expansions then you might as well wait and keep playing. If you're at Garuda you're like, I don't know, 60+ hours away from Shadowbringers just spamming the story or something like that. That story is LONG. So assuming you have Heavensward and Stormblood already there's plenty of time to wait.

If you don't have these, you're still like 10-15hours away from the real end of ARR(after you finish the main ARR story, there's the post release content, basically patch 2.1 to 2.5 story and that takes a fucking long time too, too long tbh and they're probably going to be reworking some of it sometimes during this expansion because it has too many fillers).

Once you get near the end of that though, and you'll know cause you'll start getting quests talking about Ishgard and shit which is Heavensward content, and if you don't have expansions, you can buy shadowbringers, since it unlocks all the other expansions. But by that time there might be a sale.

Obviously if you REALLY want Hrothgar then there's not much choice. Note on Hrothgar however is that they don't offer as much customization as other races, you can't change hairstyles at the stylist because your hair is tied to... your face or something like that so basically what you pick when you make the char is what you'll have the rest of the time until you use another fantasia(which have to be bought with real money, although when they do sales it's not too expensive imo). They also can't use a lot of the headgear because the devs have been lazy about making them fit the 2 new races, but personally I have headgear almost always hidden so that doesn't really concern me, ymmv.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I already have Heavensward and Stormblood, so I'll just wait for a sale at this point. I'm also starting to notice more and more that the animations on Hrothgar are starting to bug me a little. Something about their gait that's very weird.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I already have Heavensward and Stormblood, so I'll just wait for a sale at this point. I'm also starting to notice more and more that the animations on Hrothgar are starting to bug me a little. Something about their gait that's very weird.
Game's on sale now FINAL FANTASY XIV ONLINE in EU.

Seems not NA yet but might happen during the weekend.

• 1Like