Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Don't even know what the Next step of the Resistance weapons look like yet ...

also BLU getting Susano Kick muhahaha

Malkav

French Madman
Whelp, got dragged back in by a friend wanting to create a chill static for this tier. Time to gear up I guess.

Thinking on going Warrior, how have they been lately? What abour DRK? I'd do GNB but kinda like my braindead specs for prog.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm playing DNC atm. Stupid easy to play and a welcome change from the AST button-mashing shitfest I burned out on recently.

Ironically I find it so much easier to manage raid mechanics on DPS than I do on a healer despite being in point blank range most of the time. I only have to consider myself and the mob and generally just follow the pack when everyone moves out of shit if I happen to miss the signals or don't know the encounter so well. Queue time for stuff is a ball-ache but I don't feel anywhere near the level of stress as I do on a healer or tank.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Finally got my new pc together so I can play again. Finished topping off all my crafters and now I'm just messing with how bad I am at the actual GAME part of the game. Which, as it turns out, is REALLY bad. So, if anyone is in a decent FC on Gilg that is desperate enough for people that it allows horrific language and general outbursts of inappropriate ideas, along with giant gaps in how to actually play the game, I'm available. Name is Pysek Darkstar.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whelp, got dragged back in by a friend wanting to create a chill static for this tier. Time to gear up I guess.

Thinking on going Warrior, how have they been lately? What abour DRK? I'd do GNB but kinda like my braindead specs for prog.
I leveled up all the tanks in this most recent update - they are all pretty much brain dead to play. I liked Warrior the most, but I think it had more to do with the cosmetics of it. From everything Ive read when I was trying to see which was better is that they are all.. pretty much in the same ball field.

Malkav

French Madman
I leveled up all the tanks in this most recent update - they are all pretty much brain dead to play. I liked Warrior the most, but I think it had more to do with the cosmetics of it. From everything Ive read when I was trying to see which was better is that they are all.. pretty much in the same ball field.

I've got all of them except PAL.

Well, GNB is actually a bit more challenging rotation wise if you want to do good DPS.

WAR is "INFURIATE -> FELCLEAVE GO BRRRRRR" on the other hand.

Last edited:

Cybsled

The new display cases are interesting. There are empty ones and ones that come prefilled with shit. You can't actually change what is in the prefilled ones, but you can use housing decoration tricks/glitches to float shit inside the empty cases to make custom display cases. For instance, if you clip it just right, you can use mannequins holding weapons and just have the weapon clip through the back of the case so you don't see the mannequin and just the weapon inside the case.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Enjoy the Monk changes, but something is for sure missing from the class, being able too get chakra off melee/spell via Brotherhood is nice, but agro is a problem now I've shirked Emerald(onto myself) a few times, rofl.

Anatman is still worthless >> new Perfect Balance is awesome for opener and burst ... But there is something missing from the class now..

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah that was kinda expected seeing the changes, it's a very bland class now, will need next expansion stuff to make it interesting again I assume. Anatman is nice-ish to reset twin snakes duration during breaks, you don't really hold it but it doesn't really cost anything to do and adds a bit of dmg. That said even though it's a lot more boring, it feels a lot better to play when you don't drop your GL stacks every fucking cutscenes or when soloing stuff, and don't have to spam form shift every fucking GCD in dungeons between packs and stuff so overall it's good qol, just yeah there's nothing really unique or interesting about the class anymore(not that there was too much before either, it was just the tedium part made it somewhat different than other classes).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
With the new Perfect Balance .... Anatman is fucking garbage ... STILL.
They don't really have anything to do together though?

Anatman is for maintaining twin snakes during breaks, Perfect Balance is a damage cooldown that lets you do Dragon Kick > Bootshine 3times in a row. Not sure what you're trying to say, you wouldn't use them in the same situation. Even prepatch you still used them in their respective situations and not one over the other, but it's even more the case now that Anatman virtually does nothing besides maintaining twin snakes, and you sure as fuck don't want to rebuff twin snakes during perfect balance. Yes Anatman is super situational and not good(kinda like Fists of Earth and Wind) but Perfect Balance has little to do with that.

Cybsled

Feb 5th at 830 pm est/ 530 pst is the announcement live stream date. Expected to be the expansion reveal and presumably at least 1 of the new classes (chemist is my bet).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Since they're stacking all the fanfests into this, I'd expect both class reveals, assuming they go 2 classes like usual. Should have a lot of info, expect it to last ~2hours with a break or something.

They'll probably announce 5.45 date too while at it, can't wait for BLU update.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Since they're stacking all the fanfests into this, I'd expect both class reveals, assuming they go 2 classes like usual. Should have a lot of info, expect it to last ~2hours with a break or something.

They'll probably announce 5.45 date too while at it, can't wait for BLU update.
From the end of the story where Alisaie is lamenting to Alphinaud that everyone got a new class but them and he said something along the lines of "our time will come soon", I presume there will be 2, and they will be the scions to get them. I would imagine we get Chemist and some kind of mage, like Time Mage or Geomancer.

Can't wait to see everything they reveal.

Cybsled

Ya, Alphi and Ali getting new classes that fit their archetypes would probably make sense. Magical DPS (Alisae) and healer (Alphi).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well to be fair they could just upgrade to existing classes too. Like Alisae could become a summoner, she has a certain affinity with some of the summons after all. Alphinaud could be promoted to White Mage or something. And it might just be filler stuff/translated stuff.

That said the expectation is 2 classes since that's what they've done in SB and ShB, and a healer tends to be a given due to only 3 healers, last healer in HW and people getting disapointed DNC wasn't a healer. Second one would be magic or ranged DPS since that makes the most sense.

But it's all speculation for now, there wasn't any leaks either(afaik) since the lockdown kinda limited the scope of the reveal.

I'll definitely be playing the new healer if there's one. Just hope it doesn't end up like AST at HW launch where the class feels kinda like shit and I wish I was playing SCH instead.

Cybsled

Ya healer is almost 100% guaranteed as a new class. Biggest challenge for them is what can they do to make it feel unique. Astrologian got simplified and that upset some people. I worry that if they add chemist, any mixing stuff might get dumbed down.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Biggest challenge for them is what can they do to make it feel unique.

That is a challenge they are going to ignore. "Unique job identity" is something that gets watered down and homogenized between the existing classes with every patch.