Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is that Gogo???

On a side note, seems like SquareEnix clamped down on whatever the leak was for Shadowbringers. I haven't seen anything substantial for what will be revealed, just speculation from the community. Less than 2 days to go
Yeah it is Gogo, he's part of the BLU storyline. Which, admitedly, is complete shit and basically the same as the previous one. The actual BLU content is really light this patch(only one carnivale fight and the story is meh with only one fight in it, which is the carnival fight) but the spells are very good so that somewhat makes up for it, they didn't just add half filler spells that are just "this spell you already have, but it's fire instead" and such, and instead added a lot of interesting spells that are worth adding to your rotation, with a bunch of mimic specific spells to fill the holes each roles had(tanks get rampart and sentinel/nebula/shadow wall 40% reduction as a tank, while healers get medica and medica II type spells).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
So they fucked up with the next round of Relics ..

man why grrr the whole 2nd stage of it requires 0 bozja but shit tons of Void Ark/Return to Ivalice raids WTF.

They're highly emphasizing "HELLO NEW PEOPLE, THIS CONTENT TOTALLY ISNT DEAD" in this relic cycle, thanks to their free trial now having HW.

"look, ishgard isnt dead, the non-combat stuff happens here!"
"Look, HW isnt dead, fate groups are happening".
"Look, alliance raids arent dead, people arent just doing the 2 easiest ones all the time".

And its awful.

This relic step needs as many alliance raids as doing a HW relic AND an ARR relic. And the only Bozja is hacing to do a CLL for the storyline hit, which means many datacenters just arent doing it.

This BLU update was great,

I wish crystal wasnt super dead. Trying to get groups to do blu stuff is making me wish i knew the blue mage discord for this datacenter, ha.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They're definitely using the relic stuff to populate HW areas, but at the same time it isn't much different than usual relic bullshit grinding, and at least the first couple of steps you can grind in Bozjan decently. Current step is shit in Bozjan(or outright doesn't exist). That said in terms of grinding this step is still not bad compared to pretty much all the previous relics, and the first 2 steps are ridiculously easy, like post nerfed level of easy but straight away. I'd expect this step to be nerfed later some(requiring 8-10memories instead) but the first 2 steps were so easy I think people expected to be able to do all their relics in like 10hours total, when every relic has taken a stupid amount of time before.

Ultimately people bitch about relics all the fucking time and have forever. It's optional content that isn't ever relevant for clearing shit and is basically just a long glamour grind so no one HAS to do the relics and yet here we are again. If you do them over long periods of time it's not so bad but you have crazy people who want all the relics for every classes so they make it a job, and then you have people who are casual as fuck but also want their relics asap even though they have a ton of time to make them and no use for them anyway.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So an update ....
Done with Void Ark runs, still at 3/18 on Raba(just didn't feel it today).

Good NEWS though, when you go to upgrade another Resistance weapon you don't have too do the Void Ark/Raba Crystal Farm, quest isn't REPEATABLE ... holy shit they did 1 thing right

back to farming this stuff for my Botanist Relic rofl

PS this grind doesn't really bother me all that much, other then working on e12s and now the Savage version of the new Bozja raid, I really don't' have much going on...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Few hours to the reveal of the new expansion, very hyped. Although I'll be sleeping when it airs, can't be bothered watching it live, I'll just watch the vod when I wake up a few hours later. Been holding off on tomes and stuff to figure out what I should raid with, think I'm gonna go for savage this tier for the first time since... coil. Kinda feel like it at least, I cleared E9S in PF to get started(literally no static recruiting on E9S, fight's so easy it took me a day to clear in PF so no surprise). Thinking I'll just play whatever shares gear with what I'm playing next expansion, so either healer if the new healer looks cool, or caster if that looks cool. If neither I'll just do MCH/DNC or something.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Few hours to the reveal of the new expansion, very hyped. Although I'll be sleeping when it airs, can't be bothered watching it live, I'll just watch the vod when I wake up a few hours later. Been holding off on tomes and stuff to figure out what I should raid with, think I'm gonna go for savage this tier for the first time since... coil. Kinda feel like it at least, I cleared E9S in PF to get started(literally no static recruiting on E9S, fight's so easy it took me a day to clear in PF so no surprise). Thinking I'll just play whatever shares gear with what I'm playing next expansion, so either healer if the new healer looks cool, or caster if that looks cool. If neither I'll just do MCH/DNC or something.

Yeah I'm kinda pumped for the reveal, wonder how much they will actually show.

Cybsled

Ya, xpac trailer (or most of it), jobs, locations, ishgard housing/new housing district, new skills, gameplay changes (I expect piety and tenacity materia gets nuked). And they tease the fuck out of going to the moon, but stop short of confirming. Like name drop lunar whale or whatever.

Beast Master as limited class, but it will basically be glorified Pokémon.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Ya, xpac trailer (or most of it), jobs, locations, ishgard housing/new housing district, new skills, gameplay changes (I expect piety and tenacity materia gets nuked). And they tease the fuck out of going to the moon, but stop short of confirming. Like name drop lunar whale or whatever.

Beast Master as limited class, but it will basically be glorified Pokémon.
I wouldn’t be horribly opposed if they made you use all the collectible minions for a beast master class. Collect a pet instead of collect a spell like blue mage. Unlikely to happen though because of the preorder, collectors, etc limited pets.

Cybsled

Wouldn’t be minions, they already have the often ignored Crimson Vermillion mini game at the saucer.

If they went beast limited class, I suspect you would go out a tame beasts and you have a set roster slot you can assign beasts to, like blue spell book. So like you could have 3 beasts slotted and call upon them. Instead of masked carnival, you have some Pokémon style battle arena. And for general use, pets would have different powers and weaknesses. Like one is good vs flying enemies, but weak to humans or whatever, forcing you to swap out pets for different encounters.

Only thing that might be funky is technically the beast models would need to be available for use in every zone, which would add to the ram requirements potentially

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Yeah. I'm purposely ignoring the mini game. I know that's what they're technically "for". But meh- we have a zillion and there isn't the model/zone issue like you say. Your guess is more likely however. Still... there's enough jank using pets as there is, I fear it'd be frustrating dealing with pathing and ai latency for a class based entirely around them. We shall see. I'd really like them to put some work into the engine- but that's been brushed aside as too expensive for years. So we'll see. I can totally see a ps5 native version in the works though.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sage!
- Starts in Limsa Lominsa at level 70.
- Weapon: Nouliths
- Barrier healer.

Healer Balance
- Astrologian will be retooled to a "pure healer" (no barriers).
- Healers will be clearly distinct as "pure healer" and "barrier healer". Two of each.
- Matchmaking will also take this into consideration, so expect WHM/AST + SCH/SGE combinations.

Last edited:

Cybsled

I bet Zenos ends up being the 2nd melee DPS class reveal, since end of 5.4 he abandoned the Samurai shit

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sage looks badass, although will be interesting to see how they rework AST. SCH going to be underwhelming I'm sure to pump up Sage.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ended up waking up early anyway, new class looks cool but wished they showed a bit more like class mechanics(other than "can power itself up" which fucking means jackshit, every healer can do that with wings/super fairy/neutral). Interesting to see how it competes against SCH, in a way I'd rather have had AST as a shield healer and it compete with White Mage, since I love SCH, but eh. Guess I'll be leveling healer first, especially with the DPS being melee DPS(which is an interesting choice considering how many there are already but eh).