Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the advice everyone yesterday. Got lv63 doing x5 Duty Roulette and PotD to lv40. Even PotD gives OK exp so looking forward to HoH.

Should be ready for Shadowbringers as a Tank in no time, depending on how long Stormblood patch MSQ takes...
POTD gives reasonable exp just grinding your way up (down?) the dungeon. Once you finish the 40-50 floor it gives you the option to start at 51, so people just do 51-60 and then reset the save over and over. That set of floors is very fast and easy, gives good exp, and is pretty wipe proof. It will melt your brain after a couple resets tho. One of the most efficient ways to PL < 60 jobs, but, personally i only bother with that every now and again, just to save my sanity.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
POTD gives reasonable exp just grinding your way up (down?) the dungeon. Once you finish the 40-50 floor it gives you the option to start at 51, so people just do 51-60 and then reset the save over and over. That set of floors is very fast and easy, gives good exp, and is pretty wipe proof. It will melt your brain after a couple resets tho. One of the most efficient ways to PL < 60 jobs, but, personally i only bother with that every now and again, just to save my sanity.

Yeah I had the vast majority of my classes to 40 by the end of Stormblood from PotD, and spent a lot of early Shadowbringers grinding them all to 60 from PotD. That shit is draining. Fortunately I'm down to my last non 80 class now, Dancer, which I have at 75 and will just coast to the finish on pixie dailies and MSQ Roulette exp.

Malkav

French Madman
When you get that dumbass pug in pots/hoh pulling unnecessary mobs or going into unnecessary rooms...

Malkav

French Madman
There's always that guy that has to open every treasure chest and gets pox'd from a mimic in PotD
Flashback from ShB release. I wanted to main GNB, so the first day, with a friend leveling DNC, we stayed like 11 hours doing HoH to 70. I shudder thinking about some pugs we got in there. Well at least it was mostly dancers, so shit got AOEd to hell.

Merrith

Flashback from ShB release. I wanted to main GNB, so the first day, with a friend leveling DNC, we stayed like 11 hours doing HoH to 70. I shudder thinking about some pugs we got in there. Well at least it was mostly dancers, so shit got AOEd to hell.

It's funny having left DNC for last to level, that class is so easy to play at least mildly decently.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed RDM and DNC the most when leveling them. I wish they were better DPS. My favorite tank is DRK and again, not great.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It won't be long before I switch from saying "people who played EQ are the strangest fucking people on the planet" to "people who play FFXIV are the strangest fucking people on the planet".

I love this game to death, but god damn does it attract some straight up weird fuken folk.

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
It won't be long before I switch from saying "people who played EQ are the strangest fucking people on the planet" to "people who play FFXIV are the strangest fucking people on the planet".

I love this game to death, but god damn does it attract some straight up weird fuken folk.
Pretty sure FF XIV is way worse.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Both have their own flavor of weird tbh.

EQ is straight up trailer park trash.

FFXIV is like tumblr/4chan/furry soup.

Goonsquad Officer
I was able to level gunbreaker and dark knight from 70 to 80 on just shadowbringers msq and some roulette thrown in for tomes

Aazrael

Started leveling an Arcanist in PoTD. The lvl 30 job quest to Summoner really blew up the DPS possibility. Not sure if I will like it just yet but I've always been drawn to pet classes in other games. The Dancer is just so easy to play compared to other jobs it feels like.

Malakriss

Summoner takes more APM to play while Dancer takes less. But DNC obviously aren't top of the dps charts either.

Cybsled

PCgamer interview with YoshiP

Regarding the story, I found this interesting

We have no intention of negating all that has happened [in the story]," Yoshida added. "We don't want to negate the adventure that you went on, the characters that you met along the way, and the achievements that you've accomplished throughout your journey. So when we are looking to that transition and moving forward to the next chapter of that story, it's safe to assume that this is still taking place in the same universe so to speak."

So that seems to rule out major reset button theories.

Merrith

PCgamer interview with YoshiP

Regarding the story, I found this interesting

So that seems to rule out major reset button theories.

Mr Happy did have a video up with some info from a Yoshi interview where they talked about who would be adventuring with the WoL (and that you would still be the WoL) post 6.0...and that likely a couple of the companions would be decided by fan feedback. Maybe not a major reset, but definitely a shift with some of the Scions either retiring or potentially some dying in the expansion.