Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What is this icon by this things name and why did it take me like 15 minutes to kill it?

Capture.PNG

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Two of the three signatures necessary to start FOH on the Gilgamesh server have been acquired. If you are on Gilg and need or want an FC of incompetent blowhards, and frankly, who wouldn't, let me know in-game and we can get FOH rolling again. Pysek Darkstar.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's a MMO with cat and bunny girls; there is a lot of ERP stuff going on in various parts of in game world. On Gilg it used to be the Carline Canopy area (inn in Gridania) where just running through there to get to the airship strip could give you several STDs.

It's not really much different then wandering through Goldshire in WoW and jogging through/by one of the Inns. And probably mostly all just dudes role playing as women.

I think they eventually forcefully made us rename ISIS to something else. It was an Archer reference that sadly lined up with the islamic state's announcement around the same time.
I moved off GIlg to Sargatanas because of a friend/someone on this forum saying there was a guild there, and I think I've been one of only two players in the FC to log in within the last year or so hah.

Heavensward MSQ is much better than ARR, but the zones sure aren't. Why do developers think making the most mountainous areas possible is fun? Particularly when they lock flying behind all of it? It's fun spending 20 minutes navigating around a mountain to a quest point, and being diverted allllllll the way around? And the Aether Currents are stupid as well, a lesson in how frustrated they can make you.

Beautiful, gorgeous zones, awful to play through.

Lord - I did not enjoy FFXIV at all back then but it was so much fun f'king with random people with the other people in ISIS. I cant remember who it was, Erronius maybe? But he was in Gridania one day and found this group of people role playing in the theatre. Next thing I know, there is like 9-10 of us completely naked ruining the shit out of whatever the fk they were doing. Game has always had plenty of RP, I guess the shit heads in us either grew up and didnt care. Or.. we just went back to WoW after that was no longer fun.

As far as guilds go, there is probably a streamer on your server that has a pretty good following. I'm in "Spofie" or Sofie, w/e she wants to to be called - her guild. I didnt even realize when I was invited by someone else what the FC was all about. Turns out - Theyre really helpful when I do play. Nothing over the top exclusionist or inclusion about the the FC. I came back a couple weeks ago to wrap up the story for Shadowbringers and random members dragged/coached me through all the most recent stuff on my tank. In that same vein, I often find myself when I am playing.. helping them. If it wasnt for Mischief releasing Kunark - I'd be playing FFXIV a lot more. Ive still got so much shit I could finish or even start, even after playing every expansion.

Just like someone mentioned, one of the things I never did was mess with Beast Tribes. Ive been doing those daily as much as I can and I really like some of them. Not a big fan of Namaza or w/e, but I like Moogle. Ixal.. I just want to see where it goes. Dwarf has been.. interesting. Ill do the combat ones later, but I still have some trades that are benefiting from those quests.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Two of the three signatures necessary to start FOH on the Gilgamesh server have been acquired. If you are on Gilg and need or want an FC of incompetent blowhards, and frankly, who wouldn't, let me know in-game and we can get FOH rolling again. Pysek Darkstar.
Mikha Heal if you find yourself on, should be available.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
How cool is it that AnnieFuschia is at 5k viwers. Like I said, I never knew her before, but that's just so cool. even when she was playing WoW, when you can't get the big black chocobo, she was at 3k+. And I've heard that smaller content creators that are participating have had huge growth too.

If I vpn to America, will that lower my ping if I play on an American server? My brain can't comprehend how that lowers ping (the signal still has to travel the same distance??), but I've heard that it does. If I can get <80 ping on America I'll switch.

Chris

Potato del Grande
How cool is it that AnnieFuschia is at 5k viwers. Like I said, I never knew her before, but that's just so cool. even when she was playing WoW, when you can't get the big black chocobo, she was at 3k+. And I've heard that smaller content creators that are participating have had huge growth too.

If I vpn to America, will that lower my ping if I play on an American server? My brain can't comprehend how that lowers ping (the signal still has to travel the same distance??), but I've heard that it does. If I can get <80 ping on America I'll switch.
I'm in England and I've played on a full US server all along, I can't remember a single problem with the connection or what lag looks like in this game.

Remember it's a PS3 game designed for internet as it was 8 years ago.

Meanwhile in WoW with the servers in France... so many problems!

Araxen

All the US servers are on the west coast. I know I get 80 ping from them near Chicago. I can only imagine what it is from Europe.

Malakriss

There are times when I 100% question where the server thought i was for being in or out of an AOE. I play on a 4K TV from the east coast so that amount of latency is not negligible.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Look at these scrubs blaming AoE failure on ping!

I'm 1/5th of the way around the planet away and dodging shit like a pro!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Still having a real hard time with parts of this story. Poisoned by a bar maid? Really? I literally the like day before murdered ancient dragons and God, OH OOPS DOWN FOR THE COUNT THERE'S SOME GHB IN MY ALE.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
FOH is live and kickin on Gilgamesh. Pysek Darkstar or Mikha Heal for invites currently. We also have a cross world linkshell if you guys want to blab to other FOH'ers while playing but aren't on Gilg.

• 1Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Still having a real hard time with parts of this story. Poisoned by a bar maid? Really? I literally the like day before murdered ancient dragons and God, OH OOPS DOWN FOR THE COUNT THERE'S SOME GHB IN MY ALE.
I am smashing the fuck out of the ARR storyline and skipping all cutscenes and I’m still running my ass ragged. I remember reading in this thread how hilariously bad it was, but I wasn’t prepared.

• 1Worf

Araxen

FOH is live and kickin on Gilgamesh. Pysek Darkstar or Mikha Heal for invites currently. We also have a cross world linkshell if you guys want to blab to other FOH'ers while playing but aren't on Gilg.

I'm on Gilg. My cat girl's name is Krystill Kittypaws. Please invite me to FC/CWLS. lol

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Have fun and hope it survives. History has shown a FoH guild in games never seem to last.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users