Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
In regards to the EQ music, I think what made it unique for everyone was the fact that each race had their own kind of music. In Rivervale you had the light upbeat happy music, while in Freeport you were given a more professional experience. Kelethin had the sounds of panflutes and lutes that wood elves would have used, as well as the deep thunder of drums that Dwarves would have used. Its the same in Lord of the Rings movies. The Hobbits had the happy songs and dwarves had more deeper songs.

As for XIV a Realm Reborn, Im still waiting for it. Wish I had a beta invite so I could try it out but alas I will always come here for the news.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I honestly don't think so. I was in the Alpha as well as have a legacy account from purchasing it at release and I haven't received a thing. I'm not 100% sure if that stuff qualifies me for beta as well because I'm not dying to get in but I thought I read somewhere it should.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Looking at the new blog entry this morning, I'm really starting to think these people have lost their mind. It is just their presentation and write-ups just seem (as I believe Draegan said at one point) unprofessional. It's like they are letting a High School senior write these things. It may just be me but I hope the game works out but i'm a little miffed.

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
Looking at the new blog entry this morning, I'm really starting to think these people have lost their mind. It is just their presentation and write-ups just seem (as I believe Draegan said at one point) unprofessional. It's like they are letting a High School senior write these things. It may just be me but I hope the game works out but i'm a little miffed.
you just need to turn that frown upside

rrr_img_12127.jpg

Cybsled

I like old school midi music and everything, but trying to say it's superior to full orchestrated is laughable.

Check out some of the orchestrated versions of the old FF music for a case and point since you have a direct comparison of the same music in midi format and the same music fully orchestrated.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Draegan officially a FF14 hater, even before game is released of all things

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Because they shut the game down, stopped charging people and made a whole new game. That takes balls. At least enough to give them a shot.
Oh c'mon heh. They got a bunch of people to pay for the game. So they didn't charge them a sub fee to play a shit game? Whoop-e-do. Anet doesn't charge me to play GW2, but I bought the box. That's not ballsy. So they took down the game to revamp it. Who cares, the first game is was beyond shit, and there is a good chance the new one will be too.

But, until I play the game and check it out, it's still a crap game. I would love to be wrong and I'll eat crow happily, because that means there will be a new fun game to play. But they do not deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Oh c'mon heh. They got a bunch of people to pay for the game. So they didn't charge them a sub fee to play a shit game? Whoop-e-do. Anet doesn't charge me to play GW2, but I bought the box. That's not ballsy. So they took down the game to revamp it. Who cares, the first game is was beyond shit, and there is a good chance the new one will be too.

But, until I play the game and check it out, it's still a crap game. I would love to be wrong and I'll eat crow happily, because that means there will be a new fun game to play. But they do not deserve the benefit of the doubt.
Well since you bought the first shit game, good thing you won't have to pay to try it out. Nothing's better than free right?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Actually I beta'd the first one. It was pretty bad. Hopefully they'll be at a convention somehwere I'm at so I can check it out again. Sorry to insult your precious.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Actually I beta'd the first one. It was pretty bad. Hopefully they'll be at a convention somehwere I'm at so I can check it out again. Sorry to insult your precious.
It's not my precious lol. I was just as disappointed as you.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Heh.. I'm in the same boat as Draegan.. What they did is inexcusable. They knew they had a pile of shit and went ahead anyway with release. They don't deserve to start at equal footing. They start in a negative and have to climb their way out. That's how it should be and I think they understand that. That said.. I'm hoping it's a good game too.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Kudos to them for the FATE system. I hope its worth while as I have always liked this concept in other MMO's and would love to see it done right and generate some activity in the open world. Who would have thought that people might like to travel in an MMO and see people play?!