Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

Not a ton of new info. The benchmark seems to show off some of the new abilities and outfits (Zenos uses the Reaper LB3 at the end it looks like). Benchmark comes out Sunday - like previous ones, you can mess around with character creator and save the character templates if you want to use them for fantasia purposes

Housing will have player and FC only wards. It will also have 1st come, 1st serve and lottery wards. Lottery wards you basically have to put down the deposit.

Early access will start on 11/19.

Job actions trailer will probably be in Sept during the media tour. The new PVP mode will probably also be revealed around then (everyone is hoping it is Blitzball)

Raes

Vyemm Raider

To the surprise of naysayers, Asmon is actually enjoying the game, even ARR story. He definitely intends to continue playing and try and clear Ultimates.

To the surprise of no one ever, guy getting paid megabucks while he grinds thru ARR, being cheered on by 100k fans, is finding the journey enjoyable and intends to continue playing. GEE, who woulda THUNK?!

For the record, I like FF14 and never particularly cared much for WoW, even though I've put more hours into WoW. But I hardcored through ARR, Heavensward and Stormblood in 2 or 3 weeks? And while I like the story, and the cutscenes, FF14 quite literally turned me off of reading quests/story text in any MMO ever again. I'm certain that if I had been paid crazy amounts of money for every hour I put into it I would have had a very different experience.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Adloquium is their primary big single target heal + shield. Then you can Emergency Tactics every 15 seconds for the next cast to heal instead of shield too.

Scholars are much more strategic button pressing, some of their aetherflow charge abilities do good work even at 70.
Maybe it was due to me having low iLVL on my gear at 70 or the tank, but Adloquium couldnt top the tank up on a big pull. Started buying some poetic gear now to be able to dungeon run for the relic while leveling sch/smn.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Maybe it was due to me having low iLVL on my gear at 70 or the tank, but Adloquium couldnt top the tank up on a big pull. Started buying some poetic gear now to be able to dungeon run for the relic while leveling sch/smn.
SCH can be a bit weird if your tank is being a fuckhead, undergeared or you are. Adlo is good at sustaining heavy dmg but you won't see the bar go up much unlike other healers, and if you spam it you're also gonna be healing for "less" due to shields not stacking so you often have to alternate with Physick but then you can fall behind cause you're not spamming a big heal unlike other healers. You get tools to make it better as you level though, notably excog which is like a stronger lustrate(1 aeterflow with a cd on top but heals a bunch more) and the auto crit, and you can also do an emergency adlo to convert the shield into a full heal. The key however is to basically try not to get there, using other oGCDs, but at lower levels you don't have all the tools.

Typical dungeon at 80 is like, whispering dawn every pull(cd is only 30secs and adds a nice regen on the tank plus heals the retards who get clipped by trash aoes), use excog(with autocrit/free cast thing when it's up) and sacred soil(only once you have the trait for it to heal, it's shit before that, use lustrate instead), then the next pull, you use sacred soil again and the fairy beam heal thing from the gauge you generated the pull before(rest of aetherflow is dumped on energy drain for more dmg). Use super fairy(lvl 80 cd) whenever you get a harder pull or if not enough gauge(first pulls in the dungeons or after bosses sometimes). Adlo between pulls. Usually with that, I don't have to cast any heal during dungeons other than the adlos between pulls and when people fuck up.

• 1Like

Aazrael

T
SCH can be a bit weird if your tank is being a fuckhead, undergeared or you are. Adlo is good at sustaining heavy dmg but you won't see the bar go up much unlike other healers, and if you spam it you're also gonna be healing for "less" due to shields not stacking so you often have to alternate with Physick but then you can fall behind cause you're not spamming a big heal unlike other healers. You get tools to make it better as you level though, notably excog which is like a stronger lustrate(1 aeterflow with a cd on top but heals a bunch more) and the auto crit, and you can also do an emergency adlo to convert the shield into a full heal. The key however is to basically try not to get there, using other oGCDs, but at lower levels you don't have all the tools.

Typical dungeon at 80 is like, whispering dawn every pull(cd is only 30secs and adds a nice regen on the tank plus heals the retards who get clipped by trash aoes), use excog(with autocrit/free cast thing when it's up) and sacred soil(only once you have the trait for it to heal, it's shit before that, use lustrate instead), then the next pull, you use sacred soil again and the fairy beam heal thing from the gauge you generated the pull before(rest of aetherflow is dumped on energy drain for more dmg). Use super fairy(lvl 80 cd) whenever you get a harder pull or if not enough gauge(first pulls in the dungeons or after bosses sometimes). Adlo between pulls. Usually with that, I don't have to cast any heal during dungeons other than the adlos between pulls and when people fuck up.
Thanks for the tips! Will give it another go and see if the next Tank drops like a fly also. Was going to lvl summoner but insta queue on scholar is hard to pass up.

Aazrael

How does Deployment Tactitcs work? I use it and Aglo and I dont see the Galvanize spreading to the party? Am I just stupid and not understanding the text?

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I was generally undergeared while leveling alt jobs. Partly for some vague challenge, and partly cuz cheap and lazy, but unlike tanks and dps, being undergeared is really rough as a healer. The job quests were especially stark for scholar- all their larger throughput heals are on cooldowns, so if your basic tools aren't moving the HP bars its gonna be real bad. Hit the MB for deals, see if any sidequests are giving loot, or use tomes to at least get in the ballpark.

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Not a ton of new info. The benchmark seems to show off some of the new abilities and outfits (Zenos uses the Reaper LB3 at the end it looks like). Benchmark comes out Sunday - like previous ones, you can mess around with character creator and save the character templates if you want to use them for fantasia purposes

Housing will have player and FC only wards. It will also have 1st come, 1st serve and lottery wards. Lottery wards you basically have to put down the deposit.

Early access will start on 11/19.

Job actions trailer will probably be in Sept during the media tour. The new PVP mode will probably also be revealed around then (everyone is hoping it is Blitzball)
I'd wouldn't be shocked if the bunny boys are in the benchmark character creator- depending on how far along they are. So you can get your phantasia setup if you're leaning that way.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'd wouldn't be shocked if the bunny boys are in the benchmark character creator- depending on how far along they are. So you can get your phantasia setup if you're leaning that way.
All the rainbow people are going to cause a Fantasia spike getting bunny boys.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I'd wouldn't be shocked if the bunny boys are in the benchmark character creator- depending on how far along they are.
They are probably in: Yoshi-P showed off male Viera in the 14 hour anniversary stream yesterday. They are smaller than the females.

Aazrael

Got some 350 iLVL gear combine with poetic gear and it made quite the difference healing with Scholar. Now that I'm beginning to understand the Job it feels kinda nice. Summoner looks fun but I found it kinda hard for my old ass to do the rotations.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lol omg World of Darkness is like.. such a fuckfest right now with so many sprouts.

• 1Worf