Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What level are you right now? Could probably either bang a few level appropriate side quests, or just do a Fate meanwhile (though Fates can take a while if there is nobody in the zone and you end up having to solo one).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
From memory the Fate hotspot around that level would be Costa del Sol, but no idea if people are running a lot there lately. Zone might be populated right now due to new players influx though.

There should be a handful of side quests there too :
Thanks. Now with any luck I didn't already do those sidequests when I was leveling up the first time lol.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
You are having queues long enough to grind while queuing as a tank?
The influx of sprouts has led to a lot of people trying to tank because of "insta queue" and "it can't be that hard."

My queue time as a healer for anything is literally instant, even when the duty roulette says tanks are needed: Tried to queue with my new Gunbreaker, because sweet leveling bonus XP. Gave up after a minute and queued with my AST, instant pop.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just seems not worth it if you go inactive and lose all your furniture and shit. You spend all that time meticulously placing it, but you can't ever go inactive.

What's the furniture cap by the way? ESO has a frustratingly low furniture cap for how massive some of the houses are.

Houses have a timer - if the owner of the house doesnt enter it for 45 days, it demolishes and the plot frees up. If it demolishes, you get a partial refund of the plot purchase price and all your furniture ends up on the housing salvager. However, that stuff in turn only stays on the NPC for 30 days, then poofs. Free Company house timers are reset by FC members entering the house. Apartments or FC rooms do not have the same timer - however, with a FC room, if you get kicked out of the FC the room can get demolished. So apartments can be a safer bet.

As for furniture limits, it is 200/300/400 for small/medium/large. Apartments and FC rooms are 100. It used to be lower, but they gave it a bump around late Stormblood or so. Even so, while those numbers might look impressive, if you get into advanced housing decoration, you eat that budget up REALLY fast.

Take Asmon's stream for example. Notice on the 2 house tour videos he watched, they didn't use all available space. The Atlantis house was a mansion that has a massive basement and a large upstairs, but the decorator could only use the first floor really (The basement was mostly used for the "floating" trick to get marble partitions to clip through the floor, that is how they made those big marble stairs/etc). The inn house was a medium. They used 1st floor and 2nd floor it looks like, but sealed off the basement. You usually see that because they run out of budget and have to close off space in the house as a result to not make it look like shit.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It looks fun, but housing with a time limit is not really feasible since I float around different Mmo's. I accidentally bought an FC house, but I think I'll just call it a loss because I know I'll take another break at some point and probably get booted. If I can setup an apartment, and have it intact when I come back from a break, I'll do that.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Ishgard is getting housing, which would be my preferred, but since it's being added in Endwalker, we'll see how easy it will be to obtain.
However, I think they are making changes to the system to make housing a bit more available, as I understand it. The guild on Gilg is saving money to try to get a large house with the introduction of Ishgard housing, which won't be til 6.1. Every member will have their own apartment in the house, so that might help some sprouts.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It actually really sucks how hard it is to get a house. I actually really got into the housing in ESO for a while. I spent big bucks on furniture (eso monies, was rich from playing the market) and spent a lot of time fucking around with housing. I never saw myself ever doing MMO housing, but when it's really good, it's easy to get sucked in. I watched the Asmon clip if him looking at houses and those look great.
Get an apartment, there were quite a few empty on Gilgamesh, only costs 500k and isn't celeted when you unsub. Only one room but seems like a manageable start.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Ishgard is getting housing, which would be my preferred, but since it's being added in Endwalker, we'll see how easy it will be to obtain.
However, I think they are making changes to the system to make housing a bit more available, as I understand it. The guild on Gilg is saving money to try to get a large house with the introduction of Ishgard housing, which won't be til 6.1. Every member will have their own apartment in the house, so that might help some sprouts.

At least they announced they'll introduce a lottery system for new wards during the latest 14 hours stream they did.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lol watching Asmon spend all that time in Gold Saucer and check the Prizes and be disappointed.

What are they smoking. Why don't they add more shit there? I really don't get it. Design all this cool bonus content and then have like 10 items you can buy with it, most of it super mediocre.

As far as all the new sprout tanks, I honestly prefer a sprout tank to a regular player. There seems to be quite a few regular tanks that really suck and just love to go 1 pack at a time. It's not even about finishing quickly, it's just incredibly boring. Yesterday I had a tank like this in Amqador (the one with all the curvy passages and the boss that does Repel). I was pulling an extra pack into their pack as healer, and they got mad and said they had a headache and didn't want to pull more, but FINE (I didn't say anything). They then proceeded to sprint pull 15 packs, which I managed to keep us alive. So they did it even worse with all the curvy passageways where los is an issue, and I died (they all made it through and cleared the packs though, so it was almost okay, but they sucked and barely had agro). And so they typed "enough mobs for you healer???".

I see that attitude quite a bit. I guess I'm not used to it since I haven't done anything but tank in MMOs for like 10 years, but ugh. At least with sprout tanks they'll adapt. I hate not being the tank, shit tanks are the worst.

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Asmon really does seem to enjoy the game a lot. Every single day, and then bonus streams, and apparently he plays offline. I don't see him stopping any time soon with how much end game content ff14 has. I'm super happy about that, both for FF14 and for WoW to take a bruise.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Truth is he has played WoW forever and now he has a fresh content source that people turn up to watch and he enjoys it. He is probably happy just because he actual has brand new stuff to do vs the same stuff he has done for over a decade.

Lots of streamers get burnt on running the same game forever because they are afraid the audience will ditch them (which does happen for single game streamers)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Few pages back, but I refreshed myself on FF 4-6 again.

Sentimentality for me holds a spot for 4. I didn’t have a PC. I didn’t like playing the NES but for some reason SNES got me. 4 was the first JRPG I played and it sucked me in like nothing. 6 was objectively better, but 4 is like my first.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Few pages back, but I refreshed myself on FF 4-6 again.

Sentimentality for me holds a spot for 4. I didn’t have a PC. I didn’t like playing the NES but for some reason SNES got me. 4 was the first JRPG I played and it sucked me in like nothing. 6 was objectively better, but 4 is like my first.
I think 4 told a much better story, and having a smaller non-customizable cast was a big part of that. Also the only "significant" death in FF6 was General Leo, who wasn't even really a playable character. FF4 is an absolute bloodbath in comparison, you lose several playable characters and although most of them survive in the end (rip Tellah) none of them rejoin your party and the game feels like it has much higher stakes than FF6. Hell even FF5 (which the vast majority of us didnt play until at least the PS1 era) had a playable character death.

And speaking of feels, goddamn Palom and Porom gets me every time, especially the enhanced scene in the DS remake.

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Get an apartment, there were quite a few empty on Gilgamesh, only costs 500k and isn't celeted when you unsub. Only one room but seems like a manageable start.
Where does one go to get an apartment - one of the cities?

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Housing is inside the wards. Just look for the biggest building in the ward then go inside. You can buy an apartment at the lobby desk inside if one is available

• 1Like