Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I love FFX and X-2. They are the last of the turn-based games sadly. I never got around to playing 8 or 9 due to Everquest, but FF VI will always be my all-time favorite. FF IV is a great game as well.

I find that if people really like 4 and 6, they tend to like 9 a lot, too. More high fantasy versus the steampunk feel. 8 has a passionate group that praises it, always was a big disappointment for me.

Cybsled

They always say most people's first FF is their favorite. Unless you're old like me and played FF1 on the NES. But all the good ones like 7, 6, 10, Tactics, 9/4/12 all hit well.

Ya my first FF was FF1 and that isn’t my fav lol. I tried it for the first time at the Nintendo world championships. I almost made it to the stage, but I didn’t own rad racer and my lap time sucked and missed the qualifying score by a smidge.

My fav is FF6, which was the 3rd afF game I played

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Ya my first FF was FF1 and that isn’t my fav lol. I tried it for the first time at the Nintendo world championships. I almost made it to the stage, but I didn’t own rad racer and my lap time sucked and missed the qualifying score by a smidge.

My fav is FF6, which was the 3rd afF game I played

Yeah obviously 1 isn't mine, either. 6 was also the 3rd I played, and it's my 2nd favorite behind 7, those 2 have a bit of a gap between them and other FF's aside from maybe ShB in XIV

Sludig

Here due to all the dumb youtube vids etc about asmoloid.

Been out of mmos a long time. But wow had been trained to me for a long time. I hated bdo and some of the others I tried. If i had the time honestly id just nerd it up with EVE.

If I wanted to poke around casually with this would it be a waste of time? Ie kinda like Eve or grind heavy games require heavy time investment even if you arnt tier 1 raiding

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
6 > 10 > 4 > 9 > the rest. If you dont agree, you enjoy the penis.

• 1Picard

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

Been out of mmos a long time. But wow had been trained to me for a long time. I hated bdo and some of the others I tried. If i had the time honestly id just nerd it up with EVE.

If I wanted to poke around casually with this would it be a waste of time? Ie kinda like Eve or grind heavy games require heavy time investment even if you arnt tier 1 raiding

The game is very casual friendly. The free trial includes the entire base game and first expansion so no real risk to try it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>

Like what was stated above, I think the trial goes to level 50 or 60, but you’ll definitely know before then if it’s interesting to you. I couldn’t give a flying fuck about the storyline. I actually like playing a healer with GCD and glamor. Loved dark souls for this very reason (could look like an absolute shit house)

Sludig

Do I use the demo button on steam, or to do the free trial must I use their website? All the other store page options on steam are paid.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I'm guessing their website. I always heard that things were funky when playing from Steam as well (I think it locks you into using Steam to launch/play it? And the keys lock to Steam or something?).

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I downloaded from the website. Also found out I had an old Square account from 2009 associated with my email!

Can't create new characters on Gilgamesh, there is only one option for new characters.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
FF6 is the best Final Fantasy and actually the one I played last out of the series.

X/X-2 I just skipped entirely.

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I'm guessing their website. I always heard that things were funky when playing from Steam as well (I think it locks you into using Steam to launch/play it? And the keys lock to Steam or something?).
Demo is the free trial. Steam is fine generally, but if you buy the game on steam- you'll need to buy the expacs through steam going forward.

Sludig

Demo didnt work so great, downloaded, started a launcher that looks old as fuck. Setup a enix account, next next etc. Now stuck at a screen requiring a registration code.

Goonsquad Officer
Yea the account creation, mogststion bits are horrible. They managed to consolitus, paying them money