Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shinryu has enough bad rep i'd like to think word got around to watch a vid for mechanics. Then overleveling for max synced gear level helps on top.

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah I remember killing it with the first group I got just queueing for it, took like 5 or 6 pulls, but I must have had some decent people b/c we cleared it.

Usually first week of release was not too bad. People getting to it in week 2 or 3 had horror stories though lol. Like retards that kept wiping on the first tidal wave .

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Jus got Titania in ym roulette today and it was 6 sprouts in the party. I did the bad thing and ended up leaving after 4 wipes. It wasnt even a close call on the dps phase. Wasnt even this bad when I did it at release lol.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
This shit is so fucking tame. I can't believe people are being pussy fucks about it.
Now try to imagine the sentence "Your character butt's size adjust based on equipment" in a WoW patchnote. The meltdown would be epic.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So much drama. Apparently a big streamer, Quin69, tried FF14 and hated it. He's being burned at the stake for it.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
So much drama. Apparently a big streamer, Quin69, tried FF14 and hated it. He's being burned at the stake for it.

Let's be more factual, the guy was a retard. Played to lvl20, boosted MSQ and 2 jobs, went into Omega Savage, got his ass handed to him while playing his job like shit and dying to easy mechanics and then blaming healer while his entire chat, including his mods were roasting him about it, and then went to cry on twitter that "he gave the game an honest try and it was shit".

Yeah, that's when you get people shitting on you, for being a retard.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Goonsquad Officer
Some folks saying he was very...negative and didn't really try. Like he boosted, played a class he never tried. Didn't understand the kelidosxope of markers and got mad.

Its okay for folks to not like it tho, it just seems some think he did it as a stunt.

How bad he getting it? Heh

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
The thing I hate the most about it, is how Asmongold dies on that hill for him, like: "the FFXIV community is hating on him!" There was literally only one thread on r/FFXIV about this, with ... three upvotes.

The only community that is hating on Quin69 is his own, and Asmongolds trying to stir up drama for the lulz. That is what you get for playing an asshole persona on stream: you are surrounded by real assholes that think they are in good company.

EDIT: Also, saying that he "kept up with level 80 experienced gamers", when in reality:

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Malkav

French Madman
The annoying part about this bullshit is that despite the guy being genuinely retarded, he played the victim (and let's me honest, some of the GCBTW players went full malding about it) and now you have streamers truely enjoying the game like Asmon, Rich and Annie defending the guy, which invites even more drama.

nu_11

The annoying part about this bullshit is that despite the guy being genuinely retarded, he played the victim (and let's me honest, some of the GCBTW players went full malding about it) and now you have streamers truely enjoying the game like Asmon, Rich and Annie defending the guy, which invites even more drama.
Let’s be honest. Those people aren’t popular because they’re smart. They’re popular because people find them entertaining and occasionally say something agreeable.

Let's be more factual, the guy was a retard. Played to lvl20, boosted MSQ and 2 jobs, went into Omega Savage, got his ass handed to him while playing his job like shit and dying to easy mechanics and then blaming healer while his entire chat, including his mods were roasting him about it, and then went to cry on twitter that "he gave the game an honest try and it was shit".

Yeah, that's when you get people shitting on you, for being a retard.

This is true.

Also, Quin spent his whole time in FFXIV whining how this or that was “not like WoW.” So then the community was wondering why he wouldn’t just play WoW instead.

Finally, while thinking about boosting, Quin held a community poll of “quit” or “boost” and 70% of the community voted “quit.” Then Quin didn’t care about the results, boosted anyway, and later cried that the community told him to “boost.”

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Quinn is a loud, excitable sperg and this is just a way for everyone to get him to do his thing. I'm sure his audience loves ribbing him over FFXIV. Finding out someone was taking regular trips to Thailand for um, things, would be drama. This is just some shit to fill time until the new PoE league on Friday.

Aazrael

Why do people even think about this Quin guy lol. So he thought the game sucked from the start, tried boosting and felt the same. So what.

There's many games people have recommended and raved about that I uninstalled after 10 minutes, not all games are for everyone.

"EVEN HIS MOD SAID SO" lol aren't they just twitch spergs themselves.

I watch Twitch for background noise but I don't feel like taking life lessons from anti social basement dwellers.

Ah fuck I gave this more time than it was worth. :p

nu_11

Why do people even think about this Quin guy lol. So he thought the game sucked from the start, tried boosting and felt the same. So what.

There's many games people have recommended and raved about that I uninstalled after 10 minutes, not all games are for everyone.

I watch Twitch for background noise but I don't feel like taking life lessons from anti social basement dwellers.

You sound like Blizzard: “Why do people even think about this Asmongold guy. He’s a bigot and racist. Fuck him.”

The point of communities is that they’re bigger than the opinion of an individual.

It’s Quin’s right to not like FFXIV. Based upon the evidence, Quin has no right to call FFXIV “dogshit.” Therefore, it’s the communities right to call him out for it. It’s NOT Asmongold, Rich, Quin’s right to call the FFXIV community toxic for calling out Quin’s retarded take.

It’s that simple.

All Asmongold has to do is say “Maybe what Quin did was retarded, but I don’t want any negativity in my chat so don’t bring it up anymore.” Instead Asmongold is more often defending Quinn and being willfully ignorant

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Quin guy seems like normal bad mmo player watching the clips of him just running into circles. Not everyone is going to like the game, shouldn't be a thing at all.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

People hate WoW and want to vent, it's not about FF14.

In the absence of Blizz devs making themselves availiable, pro WoW e-celebs are getting it.

It's like everyone is in a lifeboat from The Titanic and super pissed at The Captain, then a passenger takes a dump in the lifeboat and complains about the lack of toilet facilities.

Funny he did the exact thing Asmongold went to great pains to avoid, getting a negative community reaction for not giving FF14 a proper try.

• 1Like

Aazrael

I don't give a fuck, that post took too much energy to post.

On another note, how long does it take to farm the Lux Anima weapons?

I'm about to finish the second step and from what I've seen the most time consuming is getting Poetics for various steps, and getting 2000 points from savage Alexander. Is that the longest grind step or is it just all the stuff combined that takes time?

Malkav

French Madman
You sound like Blizzard: “Why do people even think about this Asmongold guy. He’s a bigot and racist. Fuck him.”

The point of communities is that they’re bigger than the opinion of an individual.

It’s Quin’s right to not like FFXIV. Based upon the evidence, Quin has no right to call FFXIV “dogshit.” Therefore, it’s the communities right to call him out for it. It’s NOT Asmongold, Rich, Quin’s right to call the FFXIV community toxic for calling out Quin’s retarded take.

It’s that simple.

All Asmongold has to do is say “Maybe what Quin did was retarded, but I don’t want any negativity in my chat so don’t bring it up anymore.” Instead Asmongold is more often defending Quinn and being willfully ignorant

Yeah, while streaming as Zack recently, Asmon said "if Quin gets attacked like that, it'd mean I could be attacked like that too if I said something people disagreed with" but he is completely missing the point. People are dumping on Quin because he is dishonest about it. Asmon actually experiencing the game would give more weight to his opinion.

Does this mean the community can't be litteral ass? Of course not. They litteraly made Scottzone quit last year (was it last year? I don't remember) because he put out a video criticizing FFXIV raid design and people went apeshit. But that's not what is happening to Quin here.