Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malkav

French Madman
I don't give a fuck, that post took too much energy to post.

On another note, how long does it take to farm the Lux Anima weapons?

I'm about to finish the second step and from what I've seen the most time consuming is getting Poetics for various steps, and getting 2000 points from savage Alexander. Is that the longest grind step or is it just all the stuff combined that takes time?

The most time consuming is the poetics, particularly for the Umbrite/Crystal Sand part if you have no crafters/gatherers (if you have, scrips actually make this part quite easier).

The 2000 light in Alexander is easy, just put up a PF for an unsynced A9S light farm and it's just a matter of grinding it out quickly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
When did trying a game require you to play it in a specific way though? Usually we qualify a person as having tried a game based on how many hours they put into it. If a game isn't fun for someone after X amount of hours, they've earned the right to say they don't enjoy it and don't find it fun. You shouldn't have to read a playguide or whatever before trying a game to be able to adequately gauge if it's fun/good for you or not. Still looks like a bunch of fragile, sensitive people that can't handle somebody not liking their game.

But I don't know this guy at all. First time I heard of him was last week when he was the first person I saw streaming Ashes, before Asmon got on. Watched him for like 10 minutes. Maybe he is a sperg dumbass, but from my limited perspective, some dude put more than a few hours into a game and didn't enjoy it, and people are shouting that he didn't play it right, and it's all super autistic.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The most time consuming is the poetics, particularly for the Umbrite/Crystal Sand part if you have no crafters/gatherers (if you have, scrips actually make this part quite easier).

The 2000 light in Alexander is easy, just put up a PF for an unsynced A9S light farm and it's just a matter of grinding it out quickly.

How many poetics does it take to do a full one? Been forever since I did it. Just join some hunt trains and you can stack poetics pretty quick.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
When did trying a game require you to play it in a specific way though?
It's not about that. It's about him ignoring his own community when his viewers said he wouldn't enjoy it, so don't boost. Then going off like he could keep up with level 80 players, because he is such a good gamer. Watch the clip: he died to mechanics everyone else survived, and then lashed out at the healer literally the next second.

This is typical toxic raid behaviour: "It's not my fault, it's the healers fault I died!" - yeah, no, you're the asshole here trying to blame others for your mistakes.

Looked at his socialblade. He lost viewers with that stunt. As I said before: The FFXIV community largely ignores this guy. It's his own community that lashed out against him, and Asmongolds that tried to stir drama up for the lulz.

You are entitled to your opinion about the game, and it was obvious from the start he didn't like it. Just don't be a lying asshole about it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malkav

French Madman
How many poetics does it take to do a full one? Been forever since I did it. Just join some hunt trains and you can stack poetics pretty quick.
  • 10x Unidentified Ore, Shell, Bone, and Seeds - 150 poetics each, 6000 total. Can also get these from ARR/HW beast tribes.
  • 5x Aether Oil - 350 poetics each, 1750 total. This is the easiest way to get these
  • 60-80x Umbrite - 75 poetics each, 4500-6000 total. This is the only way to get these.
  • 60-80x Crystal Sand - 225 poetics for 5x Thavnarian Mist + 5x Superior Enchanted Ink to trade for 2 sand; 6750-9000 poetics total. Many other ways to get these; crafter/gatherer blue scrips are the best method.
  • 50x Singing Cluster - 40 poetics each, 2000 total. Can easily grab 18/week + 1/day from quests in Idyllshire.
  • 15x Pneumite - 100 poetics each, 1500 total. Can also buy for 4000 GC seals each.
  • 1x Archaic Enchanted Ink - 500 poetics. This is the only way to get this.

Umbrite/Crystal Sands are on the same step (which has some RNG to it) so this step alone can take upward to 15k poetics if you only use tomestones for it (there are alternatives with crafter scrips or gil though).

• 1Mother of God

Aazrael

• 10x Unidentified Ore, Shell, Bone, and Seeds - 150 poetics each, 6000 total. Can also get these from ARR/HW beast tribes.
  • 5x Aether Oil - 350 poetics each, 1750 total. This is the easiest way to get these
  • 60-80x Umbrite - 75 poetics each, 4500-6000 total. This is the only way to get these.
  • 60-80x Crystal Sand - 225 poetics for 5x Thavnarian Mist + 5x Superior Enchanted Ink to trade for 2 sand; 6750-9000 poetics total. Many other ways to get these; crafter/gatherer blue scrips are the best method.
  • 50x Singing Cluster - 40 poetics each, 2000 total. Can easily grab 18/week + 1/day from quests in Idyllshire.
  • 15x Pneumite - 100 poetics each, 1500 total. Can also buy for 4000 GC seals each.
  • 1x Archaic Enchanted Ink - 500 poetics. This is the only way to get this.

Umbrite/Crystal Sands are on the same step (which has some RNG to it) so this step alone can take upward to 15k poetics if you only use tomestones for it (there are alternatives with crafter scrips or gil though).
Why 60-80 pieces of sand and umbrite?

Malkav

French Madman
Why 60-80 pieces of sand and umbrite?

You combine those to create a reagent to fill a points gauge. Each combine can give you a variable amound of the reagent.

In order to complete the quest, there are 3 steps:
  1. Obtain Crystal Sand and Umbrite to create a catalyst. Crystal Sand can be obtained through multiple ways, while Umbrite has one way, see below.
  2. To create the catalyst, Treated Crystal Sand, use up an equal number of Crystal Sand and Umbrite by talking to Ulan. There is an element of RNG when doing this, as it can result in a range of obtaining a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 6 pinchfuls of Treated Crystal Sand. Additional points past 3 will be displayed as a bonus which can only be triggered once past 120 growth points.
  3. Each Treated Crystal Sand can be used to enhance the Anima with 1 growth point. There are 240 growth points. This means that the minimum number of Crystal Sands needed to obtain 240 Treated Crystal Sands is 60, 80 is the max. This results in a cost of Poetics needed for the Umbrite phase ranging from 4,500 to 6,000. note after you have gotten 40 treated sands. it will start applying a r.n.g bonus to those after.

• 1Mother of God

Malkav

French Madman
At this point I don't really "purposely" farm for HW relics. Unless I need something specific with poetics, every time I cap them naturally I just buy a batch of components for a relic.

At some point I get enough or close to enough and decide to push through.

My first one was DRK yeah, it's great. I'm about to finish the WAR one too (i'm at the light step, just need to get an Alex PF when I feel like it).

• 1Solidarity

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Sigh, tried to level my bard a bit and finally finish 3.3, but there are seriously no healers around:

sigh.jpg

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I don't give a fuck, that post took too much energy to post.

On another note, how long does it take to farm the Lux Anima weapons?

I'm about to finish the second step and from what I've seen the most time consuming is getting Poetics for various steps, and getting 2000 points from savage Alexander. Is that the longest grind step or is it just all the stuff combined that takes time?
If you've got some buddies to group up with for Savage Alex, that part will be pretty fast. Not super effiecient to do solo. Most people just grind out Brayflox (hard) which takes quite awhile. I mostly did that, and then double dipped on HSW fates for memories to knock out another 2 relic starters. Otherwise, yeah you'll need like 8000 poetics or so. The sand and umbrite step can take more poetics than you'd like if you get bad RNG.

• 1Like

Aazrael

At this point I don't really "purposely" farm for HW relics. Unless I need something specific with poetics, every time I cap them naturally I just buy a batch of components for a relic.

At some point I get enough or close to enough and decide to push through.

My first one was DRK yeah, it's great. I'm about to finish the WAR one too (i'm at the light step, just need to get an Alex PF when I feel like it).
Yea thats probably a healthy way to do them. Wish I started this quest line earlier as I've been poetic capped for a long time lol. Well will start to buy the stuff needed as I level up my other jobs.

Merrith

Yea thats probably a healthy way to do them. Wish I started this quest line earlier as I've been poetic capped for a long time lol. Well will start to buy the stuff needed as I level up my other jobs.

If you do enough roulettes/hunts, end up poetic capped quite a bit, it's good to have things can spend on as you go so never wasting them at cap.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, if you go through MSQ roulette to level alt jobs it's like 600 poetics a day, so it adds up quite fast.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider

What should I be buying if I want to get the Pal epic/relic eventually? I keep burning poetics on the dumbest stuff just because I don't know what to do with them.

Malkav

French Madman
What should I be buying if I want to get the Pal epic/relic eventually? I keep burning poetics on the dumbest stuff just because I don't know what to do with them.

HW relic is the most poetic intensive, it's the list I posted earlier. I'd recommend going down the list, getting each step prepped in order.

Here you'll find other ways to spend your poetics :

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Just a note on that post above they nerfed the demicrystal sell price sometime last year to 50 gil per down from 500 so its not the best way to make mindless gil anymore. The soil option they list can be really good depending on your server, they sell for 2k on mine so its better but YMMV

• 1Like

Aazrael

Got the 3rd part (Nothung) today after 2 days. Poetics stack up quite fast when doing roulettes and new players giving bonus Poetics. So getting 350*5 should not take overly long. Will go back and forth with this relic and the Resistance one for DRK, still need 9 Timeworn artifacts for that one and I refuse to run the raid any more because I suck at it.

Should be able to buy previous steps as cosmetic items right?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just got all crafters except fishing to lv51 via Ishgard Restoration and I've probably got the mats to get them to lv60 once I have better gear.

What the fuck, the job quests are taking WAY longer than levelling up, just starting the lv45 quests.

I have no gil so I'm manually gathering and crafting mostly everything :/