Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Just make sure your numpad is actually enabled. I still use NumLock for my auto run which has hosed me a couple times.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I should be at heavensward this week. Dark Knights start at 30? May have to level that up. I tried rotating summoner and Paladin. Summoner somehow fell behind despite doing the MSQ turn ins.

I still feel the story is a far bit worse than any mainline FF game and arguably worse than WoW even up through Cata. Still a lot of walking between two people 15 feet apart. Assuming as I wrap up the ARR patches it gets better.

Still, this shit is wayyyy better written than anything in GW2, and there’s just a smorgasbord of shit to do. Hell, I spent forever doing random 50 blue quests to unlock shit the other day.

Should I just horde poetics until I hit cap? I bought a wep/shield to get me up to 94ilvl.

HW and beyond is a massive improvement over ARR. Voice acting improves, less of the nothing walking between people stuff. It still has the usual fetch quests and what not, but it is just done much better, with a tighter story all around after you get out of ARR.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Voice acting improves
a thousand times this lol. they replaced like 90% of the voice actors.

I'm actually a little disappointed that I probably won't get HW finished before my 14 days is up, but I missed my chance for a cheap Shadowbringers of my own on GMG and I'm definitely not gonna sub for a month with just HW.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Just make sure your numpad is actually enabled. I still use NumLock for my auto run which has hosed me a couple times.
Side mouse button where your thumb is is pretty life changing for auto run imo. Highly recommend.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Side mouse button where your thumb is is pretty life changing for auto run imo. Highly recommend.

Unfortunately that's my PTT button. I would try that second thumb button further up, but I have stupid small woman hands and it's hard to reach.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Is there a cheaper place to buy the complete edition or do I just buy it from the main website?

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did my first Titan fight yesterday, and if I wasn’t hooked before, I sure as hell am now. The wife is really enjoying the game as well, so I think we’ve found a new game home for awhile.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

a thousand times this lol. they replaced like 90% of the voice actors.

I'm actually a little disappointed that I probably won't get HW finished before my 14 days is up, but I missed my chance for a cheap Shadowbringers of my own on GMG and I'm definitely not gonna sub for a month with just HW.

Man I'd say the sub is worth it because still have 4 months to catch up through HW/SB/ShB, but I get it. Although you can finish HW on the free trial, no?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man I'd say the sub is worth it because still have 4 months to catch up through HW/SB/ShB, but I get it. Although you can finish HW on the free trial, no?
Im not on the free month trial, I used that a couple years ago to try out ARR shortly before ShB came out. I'm on the 14 day 'please come back' offer and I've got like 4 days left.

Aazrael

So this happened today, has been a costant queue of 37 people for the last few months and now 918. Granted we have industrial summer vaccation in the country and schools are out for the sommer but still. Pre expansion draught and almost expansion queue.

ffxiv.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
I should be at heavensward this week. Dark Knights start at 30? May have to level that up. I tried rotating summoner and Paladin. Summoner somehow fell behind despite doing the MSQ turn ins.

I still feel the story is a far bit worse than any mainline FF game and arguably worse than WoW even up through Cata. Still a lot of walking between two people 15 feet apart. Assuming as I wrap up the ARR patches it gets better.

Still, this shit is wayyyy better written than anything in GW2, and there’s just a smorgasbord of shit to do. Hell, I spent forever doing random 50 blue quests to unlock shit the other day.

Should I just horde poetics until I hit cap? I bought a wep/shield to get me up to 94ilvl.
All of Heavensward and the ending of Shadowbringers is were the good story is at.

Don't worry about poetics, just spend them. They don't buy lv80 gear.

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What is up with this queue today? Did something else happen to cause another surge? I always log on around this time, but this is the first time I've had to wait for 10+ minutes.

Update: queue isn't moving whatsoever for me. Stuck at 378.

Goonsquad Officer
Oh hmm. You could make a trial account which let's you infinitely play hw. But if you did arr you don't wanna do thst hehe

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Did something else happen to cause another surge?
14 day free login campaign, at the same time the Make it Rain campaign started today. Maybe some more streamers brought in more people, like Esfand and Swifty. Maybe because Asmongold showing how he got Teraflare'd and Akh Morn'ed for the first time.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Golden saucer event this month it looks like as well. There is so much content it's hard to know what to do first.