Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They have become a joke, but there is some mechs you need to know, Like the Atomos in Labyrinth, The Bards "Final Curtain", Xandes Quake mech, and well all of the fights in World of Darkness all have unique mechs.

You dont even really need to know em, just die and let the healer rez you. Theres so many people its almost impossible for enough to get hit by this stuff to actually wipe the raid.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ravana is the most annoying boss I've fought so far, even though he only took three tries.

Great job designing a model where its almost impossible to tell which way he's facing who has powerful frontal AoEs you need to avoid.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ravana is the most annoying boss I've fought so far, even though he only took three tries.

Great job designing a model where its almost impossible to tell which way he's facing who has powerful frontal AoEs you need to avoid.

That is part of the reason a few patches ago they added an arrow to the circle marker on the ground that appears under the boss when you target them.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

If you think Ravana is bad hahahaha you're gonna hate later trials. besides Ravana is really easy I don't get why ppl seems to have such a problem with him..

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ravana has knock offs, like Titan has. It's a problem for people who have trash spatial awareness.

Malkav

French Madman
That is part of the reason a few patches ago they added an arrow to the circle marker on the ground that appears under the boss when you target them.
I mean, even before the arrow was added, the targeting reticle has always been open at the back so you can go by that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Drop rate for Timeworn went to shit in PoTD so I decided to try Delubrum as a Scholar, that went much better than as dps/tank with zero healers. :) Might just do two more and be done with it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Also in most cases, other than his super slow casts that you have plenty of time to figure out(or see that 7 other people are standing in one spot so you can just go there too), he's just facing the tank, so should be somewhat easy. He definitely is a bit of a step up in terms of story trial since he's the first post ARR one, and actually has a fair few mechanics to it. Have to get used to it, a lot of the bosses after that also do, they're not overly complicated, but every once in a while you'll die to not figuring the mechanics in time, or people will mention what to do at a crucial part of the fight before you start(5.5 HW trial or whatever the one you have to keep LB3 for the orb is).

Goonsquad Officer
I remember doing ravana on tier. I got so good at reading his body language. Many moons ago

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean really I'm just whining for the sake of whining. 3 tries for my first time with a boss isnt bad at all, especially after that nightmare with extreme titan last week.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I should be at heavensward this week. Dark Knights start at 30? May have to level that up. I tried rotating summoner and Paladin. Summoner somehow fell behind despite doing the MSQ turn ins.

I still feel the story is a far bit worse than any mainline FF game and arguably worse than WoW even up through Cata. Still a lot of walking between two people 15 feet apart. Assuming as I wrap up the ARR patches it gets better.

Still, this shit is wayyyy better written than anything in GW2, and there’s just a smorgasbord of shit to do. Hell, I spent forever doing random 50 blue quests to unlock shit the other day.

Should I just horde poetics until I hit cap? I bought a wep/shield to get me up to 94ilvl.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I should be at heavensward this week. Dark Knights start at 30? May have to level that up. I tried rotating summoner and Paladin. Summoner somehow fell behind despite doing the MSQ turn ins.

I still feel the story is a far bit worse than any mainline FF game and arguably worse than WoW even up through Cata. Still a lot of walking between two people 15 feet apart. Assuming as I wrap up the ARR patches it gets better.

Still, this shit is wayyyy better written than anything in GW2, and there’s just a smorgasbord of shit to do. Hell, I spent forever doing random 50 blue quests to unlock shit the other day.

Should I just horde poetics until I hit cap? I bought a wep/shield to get me up to 94ilvl.
Poetics seem to be only good for old expansion gear, and maybe relic components once you're 80.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, don't hesitate to use them to buy intermediate gear sets at lvl50/60/70. Those are old last tier tomestones gear, so the highest ilvl of their respective expansion and will hold you over for 10 level quite well.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Finding myself addicted... again... to an mmo....

Been grinding up all the older quests to lead into Bozja. So much content in this game it's insane, and everyday I log in with a hundred + things I want to do. Still haven't finished the MSQ up through the most recent patch - thought I was done with "Shadowbringers", but the story just keeps on trucking and is really interesting to me. Want to get my resistance relic or whatever to glow, then will probably be done grinding bozja. Need to get bard to 80, a tank to 80, and still need to unlock a ton of stuff I want to run for transmog. Mounts to collect, story beats to finish up. It's like this game is 4-5 FF games in one, with a continuing narrative and the ability to play with a bunch of other players.

Haven't even touched pvp yet but sure I'll dive into that at some point too.

Point being, this game right now is a terrific value for the $ if you like JRPG's or MMO's. Also really enjoying Asmongloids streams too, can't believe they got through all the turns as quickly as they did tbh.

I can't even remember (honestly) the last time I've had this much fun in an MMO - probably WOW in WOTLK? Maybe?

Also, the music in this game is superb - masterful even on some of the fights and really gets the blood pumping.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Goonsquad Officer

Yep, 30. You can catch up easy with roulette and deep dungeon

Yea arr can be a slog. Its basically all world building in old era fetch quests. I like hw+ a lot more storywise

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Finding myself addicted... again... to an mmo....

Been grinding up all the older quests to lead into Bozja. So much content in this game it's insane, and everyday I log in with a hundred + things I want to do. Still haven't finished the MSQ up through the most recent patch - thought I was done with "Shadowbringers", but the story just keeps on trucking and is really interesting to me. Want to get my resistance relic or whatever to glow, then will probably be done grinding bozja. Need to get bard to 80, a tank to 80, and still need to unlock a ton of stuff I want to run for transmog. Mounts to collect, story beats to finish up. It's like this game is 4-5 FF games in one, with a continuing narrative and the ability to play with a bunch of other players.

Haven't even touched pvp yet but sure I'll dive into that at some point too.

Point being, this game right now is a terrific value for the $ if you like JRPG's or MMO's. Also really enjoying Asmongloids streams too, can't believe they got through all the turns as quickly as they did tbh.

I can't even remember (honestly) the last time I've had this much fun in an MMO - probably WOW in WOTLK? Maybe?

Also, the music in this game is superb - masterful even on some of the fights and really gets the blood pumping.
I feel the score, although widely appreciated, still doesn't get the love it should. I find myself humming the theme for Uldah or Ishgard just wandering around my house or something. It's music as good as any John Williams score.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I wil never reach cap because I am constantly bouncing between classes and I only play like once a week. Still fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone have a way to make it so you can click on the gold piles during the slice is right without clicking on the hundreds of people standing on them?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone have a way to make it so you can click on the gold piles during the slice is right without clicking on the hundreds of people standing on them?
Confirm will select the nearest object for you to click or while you hold X to hide names you can't click on people either