Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I know I shouldn't be surprised, but the amount of apology and explanation in that letter for...20min queues compared to the "crickets" response to the 7+ hour queues in Classic WoW is just so fucking staggering. God, I hope the dark corporate powers never take Yoshi-P away.

• 5Solidarity
  • 5Like
Reactions: 9 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
christ i need a second monitor if im gonna keep doing the daily main scenario roulette.
Yeah you got to weigh up if you need +1 level vs the time helping spouts watch cutscenes.

If you aren't max level in one character you really shouldn't be doing it imo.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah you got to weigh up if you need +1 level vs the time helping spouts watch cutscenes.

If you aren't max level in one character you really shouldn't be doing it imo.
it's still a huge chunk of xp once a day despite the time it takes, and god knows the MSQ isn't enough to keep two characters leveled without road to 70.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
Its great tomes too. Just....catch up on a show while Nero gives his life story

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I pretty much have some youtube, twitch, or netflix ready for Prae runs, just tab out during monologues and collect tomes/exp at the end.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I know I shouldn't be surprised, but the amount of apology and explanation in that letter for...20min queues compared to the "crickets" response to the 7+ hour queues in Classic WoW is just so fucking staggering. God, I hope the dark corporate powers never take Yoshi-P away.
Turn on captions and look at his answer about WoW. The dude loves and cares more about WoW than most WoW devs probably do.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
No wonder people fucking love FF14. I am in awe after reading that announcement. That's how you build commitment and dedication in a community.

Goonsquad Officer
They are a mix of Japanese as fuck about their duty to quality, and as dedicated to making fans happy as any company I've ever seen.

And cat girls

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Malkav

French Madman
Femroe definitely got snusnu energy.

I was rereading the last Live Letter translation regarding the incoming downscaling of stats with Endwalker, and it may actually have an interesting effect. They are limiting the increase of stats from gear between lvl50 and 80.

Yoshida said during the LL :
Y "So lets say you fight an Enemy that was scaled to ilvl 500 and your gear is ilvl 500. Their stats will have been adjusted as well, so it won't be different"
Y "But if you fight the same enemy that was scaled for ilvl 500 while equipping 530 yourself, the stat difference on your end between ilvl 500 and ilvl 530 will be less than it is now"
Y "So it will feel a litter longer than now"

Right now, most the 50/70 duties have become completely faceroll in roulettes because of player overgearing, to the point where you can completely ignore mechanics (looking at you Crystal Tower). I think this in turn helps foster the feeling from the paint lickers that they can just cruise through all the content while being carried with absolutely 0 consequences. If this change actually bring back even a bit more difficulty (closer to the difficulty that was originally intended for those duties), I really hope it pushes the community to shape up a bit.

• 1Solidarity

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Femroe definitely got snusnu energy.

I was rereading the last Live Letter translation regarding the incoming downscaling of stats with Endwalker, and it may actually have an interesting effect. They are limiting the increase of stats from gear between lvl50 and 80.

Yoshida said during the LL :

Right now, most the 50/70 duties have become completely faceroll in roulettes because of player overgearing, to the point where you can completely ignore mechanics (looking at you Crystal Tower). I think this in turn helps foster the feeling from the paint lickers that they can just cruise through all the content while being carried with absolutely 0 consequences. If this change actually bring back even a bit more difficulty (closer to the difficulty that was originally intended for those duties), I really hope it pushes the community to shape up a bit.

I look forward to seeing many PUG slaughters in Pharos Sirius when this change goes live.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Right now, most the 50/70 duties have become completely faceroll in roulettes because of player overgearing, to the point where you can completely ignore mechanics (looking at you Crystal Tower).

It's a good change, because at the moment it's a bit of a mixed bag, especially when you have a lot of sprouts running around in leveling gear. Had a ninja with 2.8k HP in Castrum, he died basically in one non-dodged AoE. Nothing you can do about that.

At the same time the experienced players try to roflstomp content as fast as possible, and then wonder why the sprout healer can't keep them alive. Leveling the playing field and making leveling content more challenging would go a long way to tell new players "no, it's not easy and you're not going to carried every time, you have to put in the effort"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On sale again for any newcomers that missed the last one.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
As much as I enjoy FF14 I think my journey is fucked if I don't find a good group to play with. The vast majority of the playerbase really are crayon eaters. It's the worst I've seen in any MMO. I mean having a good group to play with is the real key to any good MMO, but damn, I ain't finding one very easily. How do I find a decent FC?

Cybsled

Statics tend to be small and aren’t always in FC in my experience. There are link shells out there devoted to that I believe. I can’t comment on a best method because I haven’t given a fuck about hardcore raiding since TBC

Goonsquad Officer
a lot of servers have discords to get together to do things like eureka / baldesian arsenel. and those tend to be very large groups of people. i would think something like that would be a great way to find folks to play with.

Malkav

French Madman
I'd probably check The Balance Discord server. On top of being the central point for theorycrafting, they have a pretty extensive listing of other Discord servers, including Datacenters/Worlds Discord servers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On sale again for any newcomers that missed the last one.

Nice, thanks for posting this. I assume the Complete Edition is the way to go for everything?