Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
CE gets you the shinies. Specifically the earrings that scale and give you 30% xp up to xxx level. The one for EW works up to 80 for example. You also get mounts and minions with them too. Sometimes good ones.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
CE gets you the shinies. Specifically the earrings that scale and give you 30% xp up to xxx level. The one for EW works up to 80 for example. You also get mounts and minions with them too. Sometimes good ones.

CE doesn't have Endwalker, so it doesn't have the earrings. Complete edition is not the same as Collector's edition or Pre-ordering Endwalker.

It gets you the same as buying Shadowbringer (So you'll have access to ARR, HW, Stormblood, Shadowbringer) + 30 days game time if you haven't had an account before.

If you have had an account before, just buy Shadowbringer.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just getting my professions to lv60, got them between lv55 and lv61 other than fishing.

Jesus christ this is getting tough now that Ishgard Restoration exp is drying up, went from 1-2 craft per level from lv20 to lv50 to 8 per level as I approach lv60.

Gear is a real issue too for getting class quests done and high collectability for Ishgard, started bulk crafting my own gear whichis another long grind! I'm having to do roulette for teleport money lol.

Going to do leves to lv61 then craft lv61 gear then do Heavensward quests, this is making me hate Heavensward though!

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Gear is a real issue too for getting class quests done and high collectability for Ishgard,
I did push my crafters to 61, the sweet spot is 63 for the first Stormblood set, especially the right side gear. You can buy your tools from Evrardoux at the Pillars/Jeweled Crozier. Check market board prices on other servers, too.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Just getting my professions to lv60, got them between lv55 and lv61 other than fishing.

Jesus christ this is getting tough now that Ishgard Restoration exp is drying up, went from 1-2 craft per level from lv20 to lv50 to 8 per level as I approach lv60.

Gear is a real issue too for getting class quests done and high collectability for Ishgard, started bulk crafting my own gear whichis another long grind! I'm having to do roulette for teleport money lol.

Going to do leves to lv61 then craft lv61 gear then do Heavensward quests, this is making me hate Heavensward though!
Don't forget Beast Tribes(The moggle unlock quest line is a long one though).

as for fishing, Ocean Fishing launchs every two hours from Limsa docks(If you don't have them the Quest for them is right next too the Fishing lala)

Last edited:

Goonsquad Officer
once you get to the level for it, the beast tribes in SB and SHB are great xp for crafters. though a little slow since you have bst tribe daily caps.

i namazued my way through a few to complete the tribal unity quest.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This thread always fall into a crafter discussion lol. It's one part I have not tried at all and is still a mystery to me. :)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
This thread always fall into a crafter discussion lol. It's one part I have not tried at all and is still a mystery to me. :)

It's so much better vs any other game I've actually progressed crafting in, having gathering "Instanced" just for you is one of the best ideas ever, I always found it BS the way WoW did it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

What server are you on Chris?

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
It's so much better vs any other game I've actually progressed crafting in, having gathering "Instanced" just for you is one of the best ideas ever, I always found it BS the way WoW did it.

What's the point in crafting? I've never looked into it. Is it mainly for easy alt gearing? Tomes seem super easy to get and can gear up from that, is crafted gear better than raid/tome gear? Just wondering what the payout is from grinding up professions.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
What's the point in crafting? I've never looked into it. Is it mainly for easy alt gearing? Tomes seem super easy to get and can gear up from that, is crafted gear better than raid/tome gear? Just wondering what the payout is from grinding up professions.

A lot of items are only available from crafters ,

glamours(Everything sells good, no matter what albiet some do sell faster then others.)
Culinarian is the only way too get end game food stats.
Alchemy is the only way too get end game pots for stat enhancement.
The Exarch gear is good for just leveling jobs up, doesn't require tomes too get.

All the crafting/gathering classes are tied too each other, they all have recipes that require items for there stuff, it is a very intricate system and you can tell a lot of thought went into creating these recipes.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
unless its recently changed, all world firsters for savage pretty much use pentamelded crafted gear because its the best u can get before the savage stuff. its also very expensive

Malakriss

You can assume Endwalkers will follow the Shadowbringers schedule, SB ended with i400 gear

5.0 - June 28 - Base expansion w/ i440 tome gear, i450 ex weapon i450 ex jewelry
5.01 - July 16 - Normal raids added w/ i450 armor drops
5.05 - July 30 - Savage raids added w/ i450 crafted gear, i460 higher tome gear, i470 gear drops from savage

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's a pretty big selling point mind you. Whenever I come back after months of not playing, I can gear up all the chars I feel like playing for like a million each or whatever. Granted prices went down A LOT since they made leveling crafting so easy in ShB, so the difference isn't as big as it used to be(can probably buy a full set for 1.5 to 2m depending on how late you resub compared to the new gear, in SB it was more like 6-8m) but it's still nice to just start playing again and get all your stuff geared up to do content with.

You also can repair anywhere, which is a small qol. Can just repair mid fight if you forgot to and stuff.

It makes pretty good money though, and is fun to do. I'd say the latter is the #1 reason a lot of crafters do it, it's just not selecting an item and pressing craft x 50 to level up, it has a bunch of leveling paths, skills, figuring out rotations, optimizing gear(and the reoptimizing rotations for that new gear) and such, so it's actually interesting to do. Obviously not gonna appeal to everyone, but I like it so even though I don't really sell stuff much anymore and could just buy the armor sets when I play again, I still level and keep my crafters geared.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
CE doesn't have Endwalker, so it doesn't have the earrings. Complete edition is not the same as Collector's edition or Pre-ordering Endwalker.

It gets you the same as buying Shadowbringer (So you'll have access to ARR, HW, Stormblood, Shadowbringer) + 30 days game time if you haven't had an account before.

If you have had an account before, just buy Shadowbringer.
You're right. I was thinking Collector's Edition.

Chris

Potato del Grande
That's a pretty big selling point mind you. Whenever I come back after months of not playing, I can gear up all the chars I feel like playing for like a million each or whatever. Granted prices went down A LOT since they made leveling crafting so easy in ShB, so the difference isn't as big as it used to be(can probably buy a full set for 1.5 to 2m depending on how late you resub compared to the new gear, in SB it was more like 6-8m) but it's still nice to just start playing again and get all your stuff geared up to do content with.

You also can repair anywhere, which is a small qol. Can just repair mid fight if you forgot to and stuff.

It makes pretty good money though, and is fun to do. I'd say the latter is the #1 reason a lot of crafters do it, it's just not selecting an item and pressing craft x 50 to level up, it has a bunch of leveling paths, skills, figuring out rotations, optimizing gear(and the reoptimizing rotations for that new gear) and such, so it's actually interesting to do. Obviously not gonna appeal to everyone, but I like it so even though I don't really sell stuff much anymore and could just buy the armor sets when I play again, I still level and keep my crafters geared.
Full Exarchic Gear cost me 1 million, which still feels like a lot to me.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm at 3 million gil and I haven't done shit. I've sold like 10 things from quests on the market, but that's it. I've probably spent around 300,000 on items as well, probably closer to 500,000 actually. I haven't even finished the first quest from Stormblood.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user