Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I'm at 3 million gil and I haven't done shit. I've sold like 10 things from quests on the market, but that's it. I've probably spent around 300,000 on items as well, probably closer to 500,000 actually. I haven't even finished the first quest from Stormblood.
Gearing out crafters is the typical money sink if/when you start that. Otherwise it’s saving for a house and or buying the top end crafted gear.
You gain substantial amounts of cash just playing normally and tossing shit on the mb, sending out retainers, etc.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gearing out crafters is the typical money sink if/when you start that. Otherwise it’s saving for a house and or buying the top end crafted gear.
You gain substantial amounts of cash just playing normally and tossing shit on the mb, sending out retainers, etc.

It's why I never spend money to gear out my own crafter. You can always make collectables for scrips that you can turn in for the materia you need to gear out whatever set you're currently using. Takes some time to gather the material and what not, and to craft and hand it all in, but that's how you end up making money, b/c you end up with enough mats to keep grinding out more materia and selling excess. Especially early in an expansion before people have huge stockpiles.

Goonsquad Officer
asmongold doing crystal tower raids itemlevel locked and i think with no echo?should be interesting. everyone is used to overlevel face rolling it.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
There’s actually quite a bit of mechanics in those raids if you actually have to do them and not just dps blast all the things.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
i still have nfi what is going on during ahriman

He does the light/dark thing too the stage, so make sure you don't get hit by the same color twice.

If you get hit with doom, walk onto a lighted-up pad, too remove doom.

the hourglasses need to be burst down ASAP, otherwise it changes his "roulette" skill(it speeds it up if I remember right it's been awhile sense I've seen it happen)

Other then that , it's pretty straight foward..

bolok

Trakanon Raider
He does the light/dark thing too the stage, so make sure you don't get hit by the same color twice.

If you get hit with doom, walk onto a lighted-up pad, too remove doom.

the hourglasses need to be burst down ASAP, otherwise it changes his "roulette" skill(it speeds it up if I remember right it's been awhile sense I've seen it happen)

Other then that , it's pretty straight foward..
I think I figured out the doom organically the rest of that fight was ????

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finished the Dark Knight Relic today. Still working on the HW Relic, farming the Poetics will take a week or two. :p

Glad you guys explained Scholar btw, it's really a lazy mans healer in dungeons! Like it more than White Mage.

drkrelic.png

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Molten Core Raider
- The light/dark thing has been covered, make sure you alternate which you stand in when it goes off.
- The doom is from Mortal Gaze, when the boss casts it, turn your back to the boss to avoid it entirely. If you get it, step on the lit up pad to remove it
- The fire/doom circles that target players, just move out of the circle. There's some weird number mechanics to it, but just move out of the circle.
- Kill hourglass adds, dont stand in the quarter of the room the finger points at.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I think it’s the level 100 death/flare that confuses the fuck out of me. It links to people and it seems like it’d be something you’d have to share and soak but that’s definitely not the case. I have no idea so I just GTFO and it seems to go okay.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I think it’s the level 100 death/flare that confuses the fuck out of me. It links to people and it seems like it’d be something you’d have to share and soak but that’s definitely not the case. I have no idea so I just GTFO and it seems to go okay.
Level 100 Death/Flare basically counts how many people are in the effect. If the total level is a multiple of 100 (ie - an even number of people are in the effect) then BOOM. Otherwise nada. The tethers you see are indicating it will go off but people constantly move in/out of the effect so it doesn't really accomplish much in the few seconds you have before the cast finishes.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
It would for the min ilvl shenanigans Asmon is doing, and MAY for everyone post stat squish. Depending on how rough that ends up.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
For retainers, I set my first 2 to miner and botanist and bought a 3rd retainer and set it to fisher, but I've seen people say to set a combat retainer as well? Does fisher not do much for a retainer? What do the combat retainers give you?

Goonsquad Officer
For retainers, I set my first 2 to miner and botanist and bought a 3rd retainer and set it to fisher, but I've seen people say to set a combat retainer as well? Does fisher not do much for a retainer? What do the combat retainers give you?
Each tier of exploration for each land job is a random grab bag of possible loot. C9mbat has its own pool

I want to say fishers can gather the fat cat which sells super well

Cybsled

Having one combat is nice, because they bring back mob drops. It’s better to have something that can bring back shit you would otherwise have to kill tons of shit to get

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Each tier of exploration for each land job is a random grab bag of possible loot. C9mbat has its own pool

I want to say fishers can gather the fat cat which sells super well
Yeah fat cat is probably the only real point of the fisher retainer. I'm sure there is some edge case CUL scenario where it's helpful. But eh. If you have 3, I would 100% set one to a combat class.