Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Is there a way to stop the game from making that "blip" sound when mashing buttons that are on cooldown? Something like WoW's sound option to disable the error speech?

Edit: That doesn't involve muting all game sound categories.
/actionerror off

And BLM is the most complicated class in the game, if you think we just sit there eating Vuln stacks you're not playing the game right.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
So can I do dungeon queues with you guys to show me the ropes? Or no? Just got access to LF Dungeon tool, but it looks like i only have one available.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So can I do dungeon queues with you guys to show me the ropes? Or no? Just got access to LF Dungeon tool, but it looks like i only have one available.
A lot of dungeons are level blocked, item level blocked, or need an unlock quest completed. Grouping with others isnt going to increase your options. Its going to decrease their options to what you have.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah the game culls pretty aggressively because of issues back in the days during expansion/patch releases. I wonder how he'll like Heavensward, he's probably been overhyped about everyone telling him how great it is and stuff so wonder if it just won't live up to the hype.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Whew literally just been gathering and crafting for 12 hours, I'm in full addiction mode.

Got the crafters between lv77-79 and already made HQ basic Dwarven lv80 gear and tools.

Into the final push now, Ishgard Restoriation exp is drying up again so not sure how to proceed. I guess that I need to make some collectables for yellow scrips to buy the master books?

Then once I have the master books I suppose I'm going for HQ BIS stuff?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Whew literally just been gathering and crafting for 12 hours, I'm in full addiction mode.

Got the crafters between lv77-79 and already made HQ basic Dwarven lv80 gear and tools.

Into the final push now, Ishgard Restoriation exp is drying up again so not sure how to proceed. I guess that I need to make some collectables for yellow scrips to buy the master books?

Then once I have the master books I suppose I'm going for HQ BIS stuff?
At this point you've probably been using but check with Teamcraft if you can indeed go straight to the BiS. It's likely if you didn't meld the dwarven gear(and you shouldn't) that you won't even be able to meet the requirements to attempt the BiS crafts at all.

You'd have 2 ways to go about it, either farm white scrips and buy the white scrip gear which is pretty close to the BiS stuff and use that to make your own BiS stuff. Or as an alternative, spend money to just buy some of the key pieces right away(tools and chest for example) and then craft the rest out of that and make the money back later. Could also mix both ways to save money possibly(using for example your weekly custom deliveries to get a bunch of white scrips now and again on tuesday then buying some pieces with that, then buying some pieces with gold and having a comfortable lead to get started).

You can go like blacksmith tools(via white scrips or market) first to craft tools for other jobs, then craft the rest of the tools with those tools(carpenter for weaver offhand and such), then do weaver/leatherworker armor sets and then finish the stupid tools(CUL especially).

But definitely gonna need to teamcraft all that shit if you want to do it the most cost efficient way. It took me a while to figure out my path back when I upgraded my stuff.

Merrith

At this point you've probably been using but check with Teamcraft if you can indeed go straight to the BiS. It's likely if you didn't meld the dwarven gear(and you shouldn't) that you won't even be able to meet the requirements to attempt the BiS crafts at all.

You'd have 2 ways to go about it, either farm white scrips and buy the white scrip gear which is pretty close to the BiS stuff and use that to make your own BiS stuff. Or as an alternative, spend money to just buy some of the key pieces right away(tools and chest for example) and then craft the rest out of that and make the money back later. Could also mix both ways to save money possibly(using for example your weekly custom deliveries to get a bunch of white scrips now and again on tuesday then buying some pieces with that, then buying some pieces with gold and having a comfortable lead to get started).

You can go like blacksmith tools(via white scrips or market) first to craft tools for other jobs, then craft the rest of the tools with those tools(carpenter for weaver offhand and such), then do weaver/leatherworker armor sets and then finish the stupid tools(CUL especially).

But definitely gonna need to teamcraft all that shit if you want to do it the most cost efficient way. It took me a while to figure out my path back when I upgraded my stuff.

Yeah we had the middle set of crafted gear for crafting/gathering from like 5.1 I believe. 2 star stuff if I recall. Chris if you need help with stuff feel free to ask. My crafters/gatherers are all max melded I can make anything with right mats.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Yeah we had the middle set of crafted gear for crafting/gathering from like 5.1 I believe. 2 star stuff if I recall. Chris if you need help with stuff feel free to ask. My crafters/gatherers are all max melded I can make anything with right mats.
I saw exarchic sets are going for 900k or so, i assume that’s not the pentameld (but I have no clue). Any idea what that goes for? I’m only lvl 75, but looking forward to 80.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I saw exarchic sets are going for 900k or so, i assume that’s not the pentameld (but I have no clue). Any idea what that goes for? I’m only lvl 75, but looking forward to 80.

That was probably already penta-melded my guess unless prices have gotten out of control on Aether cause of Asmond ...

Aazrael

On Odin europe a full crafted set is like 1-1.2 million Gil. And that's with zero materia in them.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Alright thanks for the pointers guys. I am using teamcraft to plan rotations, great website! Gonna think out loud a little here:

I'm super poor so buying the gear probably isn't an option. I did start with 500k from selling a Bozja upgrade piece and I feel like I could have just been grinding Bozja to get gil that way instead and bought all the gear AND had a relic weapon by now. But it feels good earning it through crafting as I've learned how to craft and the gameplay has been really varied instead of running just one thing.

I could try to earn gil through crafting but I've historically sucked at that. The one success I ever had was being a server first Jewelcrafter in Burning Crusade (I wrote the first jewelcrafting guide and gathered the mats in vanilla using beta info). Thanks to whoever gave me the tip for fashion report Flat Caps, I did sell one and got my investment back but the undercutting was brutal.

I'm not sure about getting the white crafting scrip gear, seems like it would be a boring grind turning in 1000 coffee biscuits or whatever people do. It also seems like I need to grind white gathering scrips to unlock legendary nodes? If I ask Merrith to craft the gear (thanks again!) i'll need those legendary nodes.

Then there's the relic tool grind, I did buy the Botanist and Miner ones but haven't looked into what to do next other than it's hundreds of items needed.

Getting an intermediate set first sounds like an option, the Dwarven set was pretty easy to get materials for, maybe there's another set without too many timed/legendary nodes?

My end goal by the way is crafting my own Exarchic Gear for alts, I bought one set for my main class for 1 million gil and I already have one alt class at 80 needing the same. I want to see if I can level every class (or at least one per role) for Endwalker without burning myself out.

Yeah so... I guess I need to do some more research!

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
Also you don't really need to do that. You can get better gear buying in Eulmore either from Hinosen 520, or buy from Aymark 520 that you upgrade to 530 with Shee-Tatch doing nier 1+2+3, or Farm nier 3 for 520 drop.
Also Eden savage but that kinda require a good group of 8 players or a good FC.

Mix and match gear for the stats you want -> Etro
To get you started for exemple you have : BIS 5.4 • Liste best-in-slot - Daeva's Fashion
Something I did before Eden gear for AST : Etro

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Aazrael

I'm really really enjoying the Dragoon, feels really rewarding doing your rotation. But I can see why they die a lot with the animation lock jumps.

Died at Titan 5% when soloing him because I jumped and he pushed me out.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Also you don't really need to do that. You can get better gear buying in Eulmore either from Hinosen 520, or buy from Aymark 520 that you upgrade to 530 with Shee-Tatch doing nier 1+2+3, or Farm nier 3 for 520 drop.
Also Eden savage but that kinda require a good group of 8 players or a good FC.

Mix and match gear for the stats you want -> Etro
To get you started for exemple you have : BIS 5.4 • Liste best-in-slot - Daeva's Fashion
Something I did before Eden gear for AST : Etro
The roulette currency gear? Yeah that seemed fairly slow to earn, I think I have enough for 1-2 pieces.

510 seems like a decent baseline to try new classes out with, was able to tank all the normal mode bosses with it.

Malkav

French Madman
I have to admit, Asmongold calling Alphinaud "the Redditor" is hilarious.

• 1Like

Aazrael

If you farm Nier 3 for armor where do you get the right side acessories?

I dont understand buying with certificates because it seems it need crafted gear which is way too expensive to buy.