Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malkav

French Madman
Man, looking at my daily FFXIV clip compilation, Naguura really is a fucking clown show. No way they clear any Ultimate with such dead weight.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Naguura really is a fucking clown show.
I thought about clipping some things from her stream, but in the end decided against it, because I felt like I would punch down repeatedly on someone who clearly didn't invest time to learn about the game and its mechanics. Some WoW knowledge doesn't translate to FFXIV, and some WoW knowledge is even detrimental in FFXIV.

She does this "for fun" though, because Max from Limit also said that he was doing it "for fun". So I don't blame her.

She's a legit mythic raider though:
1628585374409.png

Malkav

French Madman
I thought about clipping some things from her stream, but in the end decided against it, because I felt like I would punch down repeatedly on someone who clearly didn't invest time to learn about the game and its mechanics. Some WoW knowledge doesn't translate to FFXIV, and some WoW knowledge is even detrimental in FFXIV.

She does this "for fun" though, because Max from Limit also said that he was doing it "for fun". So I don't blame her.

She's a legit mythic raider though:
View attachment 366200

They are doing it "for fun" but still with a specific goal if I'm not mistaken.

And you can do it "for fun" while not fucking sitting in the fire FFS.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
They are doing it "for fun" but still with a specific goal if I'm not mistaken.

And you can do it "for fun" while not fucking sitting in the fire FFS.
In the last clip you can clearly see she doesn't know what the proximity AoE/pulsing meteor marker means: "Where is everyone?"

I think she just does it because FFXIV is currently FOTM for streamers. She's not a personality streamer like Asmon, though.

Malkav

French Madman
In the last clip you can clearly see she doesn't know what the proximity AoE/pulsing meteor marker means: "Where is everyone?"

I think she just does it because FFXIV is currently FOTM for streamers. She's not a personality streamer like Asmon, though.

Obviously that's what happen when you boost and don't get to learn the game encounter language.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
and don't get to learn the game encounter language.
WoW players are not used to there being a consistent visual language. It's always per-encounter, and you're supposed to read the dungeon journal on what to do.

Meanwhile, most people in FFXIV tell you "Go to the Singularity Reactor blind, without reading any guide, it's better that way."

If you paid attention to standard mechanics you can clear it first pull.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Interesting discussion on movement last night.

There are two movement settings, standard and legacy.

In standard movement when you press S in WASD movement you walk slowly backwards. A and D turns your character.

In legacy movement when you press S your character instantly turns around and runs backwards. A and D instantly has your character run in that direction.

You do not need to face an enemy to attack them in legacy movement if you select the "auto face target" setting, your character doesnt even turn to face them if you are moving, you just execute the attack.

As far as I can tell there are no downsides to doing this. You gain 360 degress of movement to help avoid AoE. I'd say it's probably mandatory for raiding. Worth playing around with movement and camera settings.

Of course on controller the left analogue stick is godmode for movement :)

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Are the guides in the first post up to date, or are they circa 2012? One part references later expansions, but I want to be sure. The class guide in particular.

Never played this, definitely want to later. Maybe when End Walker is out so I can run through the story.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are the guides in the first post up to date, or are they circa 2012? One part references later expansions, but I want to be sure. The class guide in particular.

Never played this, definitely want to later. Maybe when End Walker is out so I can run through the story.
I think the first post was updated a few days ago!

I suggest starting soon as it'll take some time to unlock Endwalker and you don't want to rush the story specifically the first expansion Heavensward which is excellent and the third expansion Shadowbringers.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
FF incel neckbeards are up in arms because mythic raider grill from wow is trespassing on their turf, having fun, not taking things seriously, not drooling over FF and not preaching how much better it is than wow. Clearly the only way to appease the FF mob is for her to start an OF

• 1Picard
  • 1Moron
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Malkav

French Madman
FF incel neckbeards are up in arms because mythic raider grill from wow is trespassing on their turf, having fun, not taking things seriously, not drooling over FF and not preaching how much better it is than wow. Clearly the only way to appease the FF mob is for her to start an OF

Uh, no? Fair with me that she boosted to start progging with the Limit crew. They've claimed their goal is to clear Ultimate with that static, so not taking things seriously is not really an option, and she's just been shit at the game so far. And i'd say that about anyone being shit at the game. Hell, a good portion of the current streamers wave are shit at the game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goonsquad Officer
It has that feel of some one who bought an eq character back in the day and were bad at the game. Only thousands of people watch the ensuing shenanigans

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
All of this streamer drama is retarded. What's the best class to play as? Had my eye on Red Mage for a while because it got added later so it must be pretty good. Also I love Red Mages in general.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
All of this streamer drama is retarded. What's the best class to play as? Had my eye on Red Mage for a while because it got added later so it must be pretty good. Also I love Red Mages in general.
I main a white mage, but love RDM for everything else. It's very fun and I highly recommend them. They get a nice big power boost around 70 as well.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
They start at lv50 I think, so you need to play something else first. Thaumaturge/Black Mage is closest I guess.

It's pretty engaging balancing white/black spells then leaping to the enemy to do a melee combo finisher before somersaulting back.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
RDM also feels a lot less prone to disruption from forced movement.

Yeah since you are dual casting (every other spell becomes an instant cast on the GCD), you can basically move during those windows.

You can get really fucked if a mechanic happens during your melee combo though.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
No best class to play. I do love RDM, though. Once your abilities fill out, it's very satisfying, not too difficult to keep track of resources, you can save the day with insta-cast rezzes, it's just fun to play.