Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It's just the way SE does it with the patch and everything, after a point why force "everyone" too do everything when the lower tier raids become easier(with them now adding Echo too end game Savages)

If you want the real challenge, you gotta be there when the patches first hit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Even with Cactbot if you don't understand what's going on it's really hard to keep track of what's going to happen, the warnings are often kinda late and vague, like "X mechanic in 3secs" and you have to know what the mechanic actually is. It's not like some of the worst times of DBM where it would show you where to stand and shit(which iirc they removed via API but still). It's still definitely strong and give you an edge on certain mechanics by notifying you of specific mechanics before they're even displayed(for example on big wolf in E10S, it'll tell you right or left before he lifts his arm because the ability code is sent to client right away while the animation is slightly delayed).

But yeah it's extremely easy to tell if they're blind or not if they try to do TEA, since the gold heart cat shit is just straight up retarded to figure out.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Even with Cactbot if you don't understand what's going on it's really hard to keep track of what's going to happen, the warnings are often kinda late and vague, like "X mechanic in 3secs" and you have to know what the mechanic actually is. It's not like some of the worst times of DBM where it would show you where to stand and shit(which iirc they removed via API but still). It's still definitely strong and give you an edge on certain mechanics by notifying you of specific mechanics before they're even displayed(for example on big wolf in E10S, it'll tell you right or left before he lifts his arm because the ability code is sent to client right away while the animation is slightly delayed).

But yeah it's extremely easy to tell if they're blind or not if they try to do TEA, since the gold heart cat shit is just straight up retarded to figure out.

When they do Weapons Refrain, if they get Garuda awakened before a certain point you'll know if they are truely blind(It is considered a glitch , how she is awakened right now but SE left it in sense it is how EVERYONE figured it out)

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Even with Cactbot if you don't understand what's going on it's really hard to keep track of what's going to happen
In the MogTalk episode he actually asked if he could pay someone to customize some plugins for ACT.

I guess old WeakAura habits die hard.

Malkav

French Madman
I fully expect some of them to be hit hard by the weight of personal responsibility in 8 man raids that doesn't exist in WoW raiding.

Very easy for one DPS to wipe the party for one mistake.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It's gonna be interesting.. do we even know the party make-up they are doing for Ultimate? You do need 1 caster and 1 melee dps each for there lb3's for the transition from Primals -> Ultimate Weapon

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
hmm interesting... a week too learn is kinda steep, I understand they are "TOP-TIER OMG WOW RAIDERS"

but in 14... that means shit see all the shit from the WoW refuge's who don't wanna learn.. It's gonna be good. And also a week to gear for Ultimates ? *laugh*

Malkav

French Madman
2 casters 1 ranged 1 melee ? Not the regular thing to do but eh...

And yeah good luck with gearing in a week lol. I mean e9s e12s are no longer weekly capped but that means actually clearing those fights too.

Chris

Potato del Grande
2 casters 1 ranged 1 melee ? Not the regular thing to do but eh...

And yeah good luck with gearing in a week lol. I mean e9s e12s are no longer weekly capped but that means actually clearing those fights too.
Have they even unlocked Savage?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Unlocking Savage is really easy, just gotta do the normal version of the raids and speak with 1 person, and tada.

Still though, equipe from e9-12s won't help with ultimates, maybe they know this? Sense you get synched down if you go in with too high of a ilvl weapon you won't even get the materia effects from them.

You can't even enter a Ultimate solo too just watch the opening cutscene, they are locked too 8players.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Unlocking Savage is really easy, just gotta do the normal version of the raids and speak with 1 person, and tada.
Yeah I've unlocked Savage, but I'm wondering if they can even do the normal raids.

I did them all within a few tries with randoms, but you do need to know how to play your class and read mechanics well.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
They will do fine, I played like WoW -> TERA -> FF14 - first tier was 6 weeks pretty casual play (9-12h~) next was 4 weeks of similar. No way it takes them longer than a week to down a savage tier. Maybe 2 for an ultimate? I doubt they wipe more than a couple of times in normal raids.

e: for avoidance of doubt normal raids are extremely lenient — you can clear fine with a tank at #1 dps and like 10-20 deaths.

Malkav

French Madman
Twitlonger from Max, including stuff about what they intend to do.

Wait, he played one year ago, cleared a Savage back then, has been playing again for what, a few weeks now, and by his own word still doesn't know what Limit Break does?

Beside that mind boggling statement, at least that clarifies their goal and what to expect.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
The gatekeeping part is a bad take of his own. He still doesn't realize that he is seen as someone at the top of WoW, and that the FFXIV community tries to gatekeep their game so they aren't flooded with the toxic "middle class" of WoW players.

The type of WoW players that are trying to emulate him, fail, and then blame everyone else around them for that failure. Because they only did what their favorite top streamer did!

He lives in his own bubble, so he doesn't interact with the WoW community two steps below his own guild.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's very possible for someone to clear savage and not know about limit break if they play say, a caster, a ranged DPS or a tank(besides the few fights that do require tank LB). Also melee if in multi melee comps. Realistically in 95% of the encounters, you're either melee LBing or healer LBing to recover from a wipe, and so it's pretty common to not have to LB at all if you don't play these.

Anyway it seems like they don't really intend to rush ultimate and instead clear savages first in order, and that shouldn't be too too hard, although the fact they're going blind means they're gonna spend quite a long time on specific fights(Shiva for example), especially if they stick to the idea of using min ilvl(so basically crafted gear which is easy to get but doesn't leave much leeway for fucking up). Meeting DPS checks considering their team has, by his post, some "casuals" and "content creators" with min ilvl might prove to be somewhat challenging though.

Goonsquad Officer

Wait, he played one year ago, cleared a Savage back then, has been playing again for what, a few weeks now, and by his own word still doesn't know what Limit Break does?

Beside that mind boggling statement, at least that clarifies their goal and what to expect.
That guy seems weird and standoffish. Sensitive about strange things.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Realistically in 95% of the encounters, you're either melee LBing or healer LBing to recover from a wipe, and so it's pretty common to not have to LB at all if you don't play these.
I mean I still took 30 seconds the other day to look at the LB page on the wiki so I knew exactly what the difference was between the various dps LBs.