Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Goonsquad Officer
the classes are weirdly balanced and 'group meta' matters more than individual class. so most folks advise to play in the style you enjoy. immobile turret (black mage), flippy weirdo (dragoon/monk). or some mix of the setup. Ialways hear Red mage is really fun though so i'm sure it's good.

in the first post under the class section there's a youtube where a guy just breaks down how you play the class so you can tell if you're getitng a manic clicker class or slower to play sort.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah i saw you did him dirty just before i posted that. LOL

Aww shit here we go again

1628608161930.png

• 3Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Interesting discussion on movement last night.

There are two movement settings, standard and legacy.

In standard movement when you press S in WASD movement you walk slowly backwards. A and D turns your character.

In legacy movement when you press S your character instantly turns around and runs backwards. A and D instantly has your character run in that direction.

You do not need to face an enemy to attack them in legacy movement if you select the "auto face target" setting, your character doesnt even turn to face them if you are moving, you just execute the attack.

As far as I can tell there are no downsides to doing this. You gain 360 degress of movement to help avoid AoE. I'd say it's probably mandatory for raiding. Worth playing around with movement and camera settings.

Of course on controller the left analogue stick is godmode for movement :)

Legacy definitely has it's advantages. The lack of need to face the enemy to use skills on them, the ability to turn around instantly with S to avoid gaze attacks, and the ability to run backwards at full speed are all pretty amazing. It increases your mobility quite a bit.

Couple disadvantages though: You're unable to cam/look around while running or flying in a certain direction. W will always move you in the direction of your camera, so if you cam around, or try to look behind you, you'll change direction. Bad for people like me who obsessively look in all directions all the time. You can negate this somewhat by using autorun - while autorunning, you can cam around as usual.

Also has a bit of a learning curve involved in it. I'm used to moving backwards for fine-tuning movement, and quite a few times I've run off a platform because I was expecting a slight backpedal but instead I got a sudden full run.

Overall, definitely worth getting used to as it's a pretty big advantage in raids.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They start at lv50 I think, so you need to play something else first. Thaumaturge/Black Mage is closest I guess.

It's pretty engaging balancing white/black spells then leaping to the enemy to do a melee combo finisher before somersaulting back.

So you have to get another class to 50 and then you can class-change into RDM? I like what I've heard about how FF14 lets you level up multiple classes on one character. I've always wanted an MMO like that.

I'll probably run Black Mage to 50 then switch.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I wish I understood why people are mother of godding this. Many stars? Is this the Man O’War of chocobos?

Requires extensive breeding (and possible inbreeding) to carefully cultivate those stats over multiple generations.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didn't watch any of that mythic raider chick, but even if you don't know the "FF language" for mechanics, it should not take more than an extra run or two to figure it out.

Malkav

French Madman
I didn't watch any of that mythic raider chick, but even if you don't know the "FF language" for mechanics, it should not take more than an extra run or two to figure it out.
Especially when we are talking about "don't stand in red" type of thing.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So you have to get another class to 50 and then you can class-change into RDM? I like what I've heard about how FF14 lets you level up multiple classes on one character. I've always wanted an MMO like that.

Yes.

Basically they nerfed exp to level a few times so the Main Story Quest (MSQ) and class quests will get you to lv80 alone at least.

You also get bonuses for doing random dungeons once a day, rested exp, zone events and other stuff. Don't bother with side quests.

So people here have been reporting that they can keep 2+ classes at the level of the MSQ which is what unlocks new zones/dungeons.

Best thing is you can do a quest as a DPS class and turn it in as a Healer to funnel exp to the Healer class.

Expansion classes start at higher level (30, 50 or 60 depending on the expansion it's from) so you can switch very quickly if you don't like the class you have.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

It's not just get a class to 50, you have to actually complete all of ARR's MSQ to access the expansion jobs.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It's not just get a class to 50, you have to actually complete all of ARR's MSQ to access the expansion jobs.

They changed this when they introduced flying thru all of ARR, you just need a class too 50/60 too unlock the jobs for Stormblood/Shadowbringers(Sense the class doesn't start in there expansions unlike Mech/Dark Knight/Astro)

Man, looking at my daily FFXIV clip compilation, Naguura really is a fucking clown show. No way they clear any Ultimate with such dead weight.
I have a question on this, did they say they were gonna go in blind or look at a guide?

This does matter, as UCoB has the Twintania/Nael puzzle, Weapons Refrain has the Primal Awakening puzzle, and TEA has the Enigma Codex puzzle. These are the challenges of the fights...

Last edited:

Malkav

French Madman
Even before that, I wonder how long it'll take them to figure it things like delayed mechanics in E2S lol.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Even before that, I wonder how long it'll take them to figure it things like delayed mechanics in E2S lol.

You only need too do, Eden1-12(In Normal mode) all the Savages unlock at E4/E8/E12 , don't need to do each one now.

And fuck cactbot...

Malkav

French Madman
You only need too do, Eden1-12(In Normal mode) all the Savages unlock at E4/E8/E12 , don't need to do each one now.

And fuck cactbot...

That's kinda sad being able to jump straight to the last fight without progging the whole tier. :(