Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
There's Lv50 Heavensward crafted gear that's 115, which is what my lv50 jobs have.

So looks like Ironworks is 130 so thanks for correcting me, they did have the best gear.

Totally confused what the fuck they were doing then, was a Monk and a Paladin. Logically to have that gear it's probably alt jobs, but then you'd think they would know how to play. They were sprouts too.

I've literally run Aurum Vale 10-20 times in the last few days and this group was the worst despite the great gear.

Bad players gonna be bad. There's a lot of bads in the game. If I get one that's intolerable, I just ditch them, and do something else for half an hour.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's Lv50 Heavensward crafted gear that's 115, which is what my lv50 jobs have.

So looks like Ironworks is 120 so thanks for correcting me, they did have the best gear.

Totally confused what the fuck they were doing then, was a Monk and a Paladin. Logically to have that gear it's probably alt jobs, but then you'd think they would know how to play. They were sprouts too.

I've literally run Aurum Vale 10-20 times in the last few days and this group was the worst despite the great gear.
Aurum Vale is a tard-killer of a dungeon.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
sfia.png

nagu.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

So looks like Ironworks is 120 so thanks for correcting me, they did have the best gear.

Iirc AV has level sync to 49, which means item sync to 49 also, which is basically nothing. I remember they changed some shit in AV though so might have changed but otherwise people doing it wouldn't be any better than if you had say AV gear.

Then on top of that, people having gear doesn't help when they suck. I've seen many people suck so bad it was a mystery how they could manage to feed themselves and survive, and getting poetics gear really requires no effort so doesn't really mean much.

What the fuck that's evil lol. Their comp isn't even that weird. I guess they still have a summoner but hasn't Max noticed how useful the battle rezes were? Anyway they've been progressing at a pretty fast pace seems like, they were on Titan when I checked yesterday or whenever it was. For all the Wow comparing Max does though, he sure spends a lot of time playing XIV even outside of his raiding objectives. Every time I check the stream after they're done raiding, he's in Gold Saucer doing some random shit or leveling alts or whatever.

Malkav

French Madman
I find kinda hilarious that some FFXIV players were afraid of Asmon starting the game, because it'd breed "toxic elitism".

Turns out your boy is the archetype of the "don't tell me how to play, you don't pay my sub", so representative of the average player in game. Oh the irony.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I find kinda hilarious that some FFXIV players were afraid of Asmon starting the game, because it'd breed "toxic elitism".

Turns out your boy is the archetype of the "don't tell me how to play, you don't pay my sub", so representative of the average player in game. Oh the irony.

You know the whole atmosphere is different and I like it. I've been leveling multiple classes so reruning the old dungeons and I'm good to just chill while others watch the cut scene.

Also the timing of the dungeons is just perfect 8-15 minutes, that's the right amount of time. Don't know how the higher level ones are but minimal trash and boss fights are the way dungeons should be made.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Dungeons get shorter, alliance raids get longer as you go, but by ShB I think both are the perfect length

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The fact that all content is till used even by max level players is great but I still find some instances are very difficult to get a pop in. I have yet to get any of the containment bay extremes to pop, queueing 1.5 hours at a time.. But if I want extreme ifrit instant, pops! Working my way through stormblood at the moment levelling up BLM WHM and GNB in parallel.

Malkav

French Madman
The accepted norms is usually that you don't queue for Extremes. They are optional content, and the only Roulette featuring them is the Mentor Roulette (and Mentor mostly despise getting into EXs with a bunch of random sprouts, and I can understand them).

Sure, ARR ones kinda works actually because they are kind of straightforward, and as streamers have shown it's doable a lot of the new sprouts get into them.

Starting with HW, EX starts to become a different story, with a lot more mechanics going on.

All that to say, you will have much more success creating a Party Finder for said content than trying to queue for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The fact that all content is till used even by max level players is great but I still find some instances are very difficult to get a pop in. I have yet to get any of the containment bay extremes to pop, queueing 1.5 hours at a time.. But if I want extreme ifrit instant, pops! Working my way through stormblood at the moment levelling up BLM WHM and GNB in parallel.

The whole DF for Extreme/Savage is used more on JP Datacenter's.

For US/Europe areas you'll have better luck using Party Finder for Extreme/Savage. It's just the way it has worked out.

And I'm really laughing as Asmon finnaly realized he has too "git good" if he wants too succed there is no brute forcing it once you get too a point.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The whole DF for Extreme/Savage is used more on JP Datacenter's.
I'm on JP. L50 and some L60 extremes pop on duty finder without any trouble.. For example I can get nidhogg's rage easily even though that's a clusterfuck, never gotten a kill yet.
I'll have a look at the party finder later on and see if i can get some containment bay groups that way.