Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Argarth

On the verandah
^^ I'm really enjoying the fishing. A lot. There's SO much more to it than last time I played, and I'm in no hurry at all to be done with it. First World problems etc, but I'm spending way too much time on this damn game already! Boohoo right?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
as an avid fisher ready to dole out unrequested advice.... doing the daily free company trade skill item turn in is, most days, dirt dirt dirt cheap for massive xp. Most fishers fish for specific fish, so they end up with a heap of garbo fish. barring tearing them apart for desynth they wind up on the market for 10-100 gil.

it's super easy to level this way. and if you spot a fish that's not cheap as the daily turn in, that's a fish you can farm for big dollars because king whale players will pay any price for those daily turn ins.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cracks me up when I see shit like this. I'd still prefer both games to be good so I could bounce back and forth, but it is what it is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Looks like Asmon got broken by A4S and high floor POTD.

It was to be expected with how is been playing so far, skill checks hit hard.

Malkav

French Madman
By trying a4 in a retarded manner

Yeah, the way he does it is entirely not viable in Savage :
- Min ilvl, no echo
- He is the only one completely blind and has a hard time understanding mechanics, he has no idea what is going on for the rest of the group.
- 0 team communication
- Let's admit, he plays like trash and has been so far unwilling to try and improve out of sheer stubborness

Then he malds and get triggered by chat giving him a hard time. Oh, and complaining about mentor chat while he is the one asking them question instead of asking the few experienced players he's been dragging around in his raids.

Goonsquad Officer
For the sake of his show he needs to trim it down. Read up and plan, maybe practice some off stream, then go dunk on them in victory mode on stream.

Maybe trim his 4 to 5 hour intro down

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For the sake of his show he needs to trim it down. Read up and plan, maybe practice some off stream, then go dunk on them in victory mode on stream.

Maybe trim his 4 to 5 hour intro down

He needs to discover MTQcapture.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Or he should just put the people from his group in a Discord channel and communicate properly, like a real learning party. The people playing with him get a few seconds stream lag, and that's just not viable in a high end trial.

Even Max the micromanager acknowledges that in E4S: "This is too fast paced for me to call, you just have to know where you have to go."

Malkav

French Madman
Or he should just put the people from his group in a Discord channel and communicate properly, like a real learning party. The people playing with him get a few seconds stream lag, and that's just not viable in a high end trial.

Even Max the micromanager acknowledges that in E4S: "This is too fast paced for me to call, you just have to know where you have to go."

That's basically it. Max and co go blind, but they actually take time to analyze VODs and discuss the mechanics to figure it out.

Asmon is just chain pulling like a retard without communicating with anyone (except asking the chat lol) and hoping he figures things out. This does not work in Savage.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Asmon is surprisingly stubborn and stupid about certain things.

He refuses to unlock retainers, then constantly complains about having a full inventory. He only just started using the chocobo saddlebag and that's 70 free slots he just refused to use. I bet the idiot didn't avoid using the bank in WoW.

Complains about travel times, then refuses to unlock flying offstream or during his alt-streams.

He got rattled hard by not being able to walk over A4S. Was talking about how high end raids might not be suitable for the stream and he might not do them anymore. They "don't make good stream content" - because he's wiping over and over and not getting anywhere and just getting frustrated.

He stopped doing his Wondrous Tails book because he was too stupid to figure out how 9 stamps could give you 3 lines in a 4x4 grid, and also couldn't figure out how shuffle worked, ended up giving up on it despite his chat screaming at him to "Get 7 stamps, reroll until you get 1 line, then get 2 more stamps and hand in"

He needs to learn to respect the content. do his research, communicate with his group, make a proper static and not just expect to waltz all over everything.

Malkav

French Madman
Yesterday he was doing POTD with a party, got to floor 160+, tried to solo a mob and got absolutely rekt and went "I don't think I want to do that anymore".

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
A tank should be able to solo mobs even at high floors, although some of them have gimmicks and some will still punch your face in if you don't have Steel on, so guess he took it too carelessly. That said people can rez at least in parties. PotD is deceptively hard once you get to high floors though, even in a party. While solo is obviously hard, some mechanics actually get worse with other people ironically so you have to be careful about what you do.

As for doing savage blind without listening to his party, that's definitely dumb as shit but he's probably aware of it by now. Works fine in ARR because the difficulty was just not the same and it was also nerfed over time due to inherent class buffs and stuff, so you can definitely do Coil blind since the mechanics are simple and the checks are easy. Alexander though that shit started the actual raiding systems, a lot of the mechanics are complex enough they're still used nowadays in various ways. It'd be doable as mentionned if he went at it like the other guys do, checking vods and discussing strats and stuff, or by just reading a quick guide, but blind without a good graps of how the mechanics work, yeah that's gonna be rough.

Malkav

French Madman
A tank should be able to solo mobs even at high floors, although some of them have gimmicks and some will still punch your face in if you don't have Steel on, so guess he took it too carelessly. That said people can rez at least in parties. PotD is deceptively hard once you get to high floors though, even in a party. While solo is obviously hard, some mechanics actually get worse with other people ironically so you have to be careful about what you do.

As for doing savage blind without listening to his party, that's definitely dumb as shit but he's probably aware of it by now. Works fine in ARR because the difficulty was just not the same and it was also nerfed over time due to inherent class buffs and stuff, so you can definitely do Coil blind since the mechanics are simple and the checks are easy. Alexander though that shit started the actual raiding systems, a lot of the mechanics are complex enough they're still used nowadays in various ways. It'd be doable as mentionned if he went at it like the other guys do, checking vods and discussing strats and stuff, or by just reading a quick guide, but blind without a good graps of how the mechanics work, yeah that's gonna be rough.

He's doing RDM in POTD as it's supposed to e one of the "easier" job for it. Issue, is that he is also shit at it, and completely oblivious of POTD mechanics too.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
He's doing RDM in POTD as it's supposed to e one of the "easier" job for it. Issue, is that he is also shit at it, and completely oblivious of POTD mechanics too.
I'm not sure why one would pick RDM for potd if it's party based anyway, I mean it's not bad but it's not really much better than anything else I think, weird choice but I guess he wanted to level it, or he listened to chat telling him stupid stuff.

But yeah in that case it's much much easier to die without Steel on RDM in higher floors, some mobs you're not actually supposed to pull at all without Steel and some even with it you have to Strength too. Also is he even capped in aeter armor/weapon stuff or is he getting carried to higher floors? Cause that shit matters a ton once you're past like a 10 level difference, I remember I almost ripped my last RDM attempt at floor 100 because I turned in one too many grip.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm not sure why one would pick RDM for potd if it's party based anyway, I mean it's not bad but it's not really much better than anything else I think, weird choice but I guess he wanted to level it, or he listened to chat telling him stupid stuff.

But yeah in that case it's much much easier to die without Steel on RDM in higher floors, some mobs you're not actually supposed to pull at all without Steel and some even with it you have to Strength too. Also is he even capped in aeter armor/weapon stuff or is he getting carried to higher floors? Cause that shit matters a ton once you're past like a 10 level difference, I remember I almost ripped my last RDM attempt at floor 100 because I turned in one too many grip.

His ultimate plan is to solo it, so the RDM plan was because it's a good "solo" class but now he's unlocking Mechanist so maybe he will swap.